Staring tomorrow!!

PrincessKat

Hi everyone, I am finally starting tomorrow. I currently have a mix of soups and shakes but also have a mixed bumper pack arrving Friday. Thought I'd have started this time last week and was really up for it, now though I'm getting nervous and doubting myself. I plan to start a diary, will make first post once I'm started it. Have just cleared ALL good from flat, as I live on my own I don't need it, and put a brand new cartridge in my water filter. Theoretically I'm all set!

P.s title should say Starting Tomorrow but I'm on my phone and autocorrect is evil!

Don't worry you will be fine. After waiting this long for packs you must be raring to go. Good that you can get rid of any tempting food. The main thing is keep up your water levels & keep yourself occupied. Good luck with your first week.

Thanks Susie. I did CD successfully 4 years ago, sheding nigh on 5st in 4 months and have been thinking about vlcds on and off for the last two years. I guess I'm just worried that I've romanticised it and forgot hoe awful the first week can be.

Gere we go!! Just posted my diary. Will keep that up to date. THink I'm going to have a banana shake for breakfast as it's the one I'm least looking forward too.

Made it to day 2. Feel vaguely unwell today, like my face is burning up but the rest of me is cold and have a bit of a headache. It's not horrendous though.
Vanilla shake for brekkie was interesting. Hurry up ketosis

Will update my diary later.

PrincessKat said:
I did CD successfully 4 years ago, sheding nigh on 5st in 4 months and have been thinking about vlcds on and off for the last two years. I guess I'm just worried that I've romanticised it and forgot hoe awful the first week can be.

Hello! Hope you don't mind me crashing your thread! It's just that this rang so many bells - I lost 2.5 stone on LL two years ago and have been flirting with restarting since then, but I think I was romanticising it too.

I'm on day 4 and it'a been variously unpleasant... I am enjoying feeling as though I have control for the first time in ages, though.

Well done on day 1, and COURAGE!

- Caz

Hey Calorina, if course I don't mind. Nice to know we're alone in putting ourselves through this AGAIN eh?
End if day 3 for me, feeling slightly ropey now, bitt of a headache and a bit shakey. Don't want to drink more though as had 4.5ltr already and my friend was reminding me about the dangers if drinking too much water today, nothing I didn't know already bu she was concerned apparently. Prob why I'm feeling ropey now as whittling about water.
Hope all is going well for you -x-

PrincessKat said:
Hey Calorina, if course I don't mind. Nice to know we're alone in putting ourselves through this AGAIN eh?
End if day 3 for me, feeling slightly ropey now, bitt of a headache and a bit shakey. Don't want to drink more though as had 4.5ltr already and my friend was reminding me about the dangers if drinking too much water today, nothing I didn't know already bu she was concerned apparently. Prob why I'm feeling ropey now as whittling about water.
Hope all is going well for you -x-

How are you feeling now, PrincessKat? I found drinking bouillon helped my shakes and ropiness practically instantly - something to do with electrolytes I think. 4.5 litres of water is a lot though! I'm only 5ft so only averaging about 3 litres plus tea etc.

I'm on day 6 here. Have been dipping in and out of ketosis from day 3 but got thrown out by having bars too early and (accidentally) flavoured green tea. So I've been alternately energetic and weak and dizzy. Urgh. Back on track today though! Not weighed in yet but jeans already looser and apparently my face looks thinner(?!).

Hang on in there. Us veterans have to stick together :)

Calorina said:
How are you feeling now, PrincessKat? I found drinking bouillon helped my shakes and ropiness practically instantly - something to do with electrolytes I think. 4.5 litres of water is a lot though! I'm only 5ft so only averaging about 3 litres plus tea etc.

I'm on day 6 here. Have been dipping in and out of ketosis from day 3 but got thrown out by having bars too early and (accidentally) flavoured green tea. So I've been alternately energetic and weak and dizzy. Urgh. Back on track today though! Not weighed in yet but jeans already looser and apparently my face looks thinner(?!).

Hang on in there. Us veterans have to stick together :)

Hi ya, doing much better today thanks. Went for a walk and then pottered around the flat. I didn't know you could have bars too early. Maybe I'll skip them did a couple days then but I seem to be ok and in Ketosis.
Must be rubbish being up and down like that. Will be worth it though. Glad your seeing changes already, that must be a good motivator for you. Just reminded me I need to take measurements on WI day as forgot at start!
How you doing apart from the Ketosis hojey cokey?

Yeah, not sure about the bars - they have a higher carb content but I might just be sensitive? Will leave them for a week or so I think.

Apart from ketosis energy drops, all good. Housemate has been baking, which is hard when you're hungry, as was going to the cinema with my sad little bottle of fizzy water(!), but hopefully onwards and upwards from here!

Oh my gosh that must have been hard! Can you not persuade them to do something that doesn't smell as Yummy?! Ha ha. Watching man vs food was enough to make my mind race with foodie thoughts.

I sat in a pub on day 2 with a pint of tapwater! Good thing is we're still being social, I remember hiding for about a fortnight on CD and when I did meet up with friends I was pointing out every food vendor we walk past d'oh.

Here's to us getting our first weekend at 100% out the way!

Actually the baking's quite nice now the ketosis has kicked in. I keep insisting on smelling everything though! Not quite up to Man vs Food yet though (already made a note to try peanut butter on a burger one day though). And all anyone in this house watches on TV are food programmes!

It is good to be social isn't it? I hid for a similar time when I did LL. Somehow this time I can't quite be bothered!

Yes, here's to us and our brilliant weekends :)

Back