Starlights Diary - and so this horrible year continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter that your updates aren't regular, I just like to hear what's going on :)

Sorry that you had a tough time about your Dad and it's great that you and your Mum can get through this with each others help.

Glad you're happily back on WW - you've always been the WW poster girl so good on you :D

Hope work isn't too horrendous :)

November 9th - More changes afoot, oh and 5lbs lost :)

First off I had my first 'back to WW' wi this morning and lost 5lbs :eek::eek: I definitely did the right thing going back to WW :)

So more changes in Starlightland.... 2 years ago now, my landlady said she was planning on selling my flat, nothing more has even come of it so Ive almost forgotten about it. Periodically I look online and there are plenty rental flats around so Im not overly stressed. Now and again I think I should start packing boxes then I could actively look and just move but welll I never quite get there.

Things came to a head the other morning when I woke to hear that oh too familiar sound - the mice are back :( Its been months and months since I heard the little ******* but I heard them again and then worse than that saw one. So thats it IM MOVING!!!

Ive decided to do it the other way round though and find a flat then pack - I work better under pressure. Found one I just absolutely LOVED but course typically its gone :cry: Ive found another one, only 10 mins from my mum, in a really lovely area, and Ive had a look at it from the outside and it looks really lovely so Im going tomorrow to see it. If I like it I can get the keys almost straight away, but Ill have my current flat til Jan 28 so Ill do my moving in stages. Im planning on buying almost all new furniture so I wont ahve the stress of a big removal as such.

Mind you, knowing my luck Ill hate the flat or itll be small, or something but the wheels are in motion... Im definitely moving house!

Congrats on 5lbs you superstar!!!

Oh and i've just seen your fb status - looks like you loved the flat after all?!?!?! Come on, spill.... xxx

November 16th - Another wi over and a week of change!

Its been a totally hectic week, Im on the verge of signing the paperwork for a new apartment (at what point does a flat become an apartment lol) Im scared to say too much in case I jinx it but its just absolutely beautiful. New, modern but a bit different and I WANT IT!!!!! Hoping Ill get the go ahead this week so all the postive vibes you can please :)

2nd 'back to WW' wi today, lost 2lbs - so thats 7lbs in 2 weeks :bliss:

What was I thinking of doing any other diet :rolleyes:

Oh and I noticed the other day someones scraped my car :( The back bumper is all grazed, Im hoping itll T cut out, with it being a brand new car I cant leave it the way it is.... lets hope its not an Insurance job :(

Last edited:
November 19th - Signed, sealed delivered its mine!!

The apartment is now MINE :bliss: Im SO happy. I should get the keys on Mon/Tues and Im moving in next Saturday. I havent wanted to say too much incase I jinxed it but its just so gorgeous, its a place Id have wished I could have but would never have thought it was in my price range. Its in a really lovely area, much closer to mum. Its a one bedroom flat and because its on the 2nd floor it has something Ive always wanted - slopy ceilings :rotflmao: Dont ask why but Ive wanted them since I was a child. Its totally modern but has alcoves and wee nooks and crannies so its a bit diifferent :)

Im taking almost nothing from my current flat, so all Im packing at the moment are my nicknacks, crockery, cutlery glasses, and clothes. Im taking my 2 sofas which will do til my new suite arrives next month. I ordered a gorgeous coffee table and sideboard yesterday. Ive got all new bedroom furniture, bed etc and tomorrow Im going to try get a new TV, laptop ;), microwave, kettle, toaster, kitchen utensils, lamps.... ohhh my list is endless.

MY furniture is being delivered next Friday and my phone is being switched over then too. BT assure me its simple, disconnect my old line at 0800 and my new one will be up and running (along with my Broadband) by 2000 - Ill believe it when I see it lol

Its been a totally hectic week. Im staying at mums most nights just now because my flat is such a guddle lol

So, thats my news :)

Attachments

• new apt.jpg
    new apt.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Omg that looks just like the apartments I was in before I moved into this house.. same yellow bricks and I was on the 3rd flood in the grey roof with stick out windows. Are the carpets and blinds inside blue? Wonder if they're made by the same company.

Sounds fantastic, a completely new start with all new things :)

November 27th - Not enough hours in the day

What a week, Im exhausted already. Got the keys to my apartment on Monday and have been up every day taking up boxes and things. Then Ive been late shift which isnt ideal.
My mad furniture spending spree continues lol Im too scared to tally up how much Ive spent but basically Ive replaced almost all my furniture. My dining room suite, mattress, sideboard and coffee table get delievered on Friday morning. I got my tv, miicrowave etc this week and my suite comes before Xmas. Last week I totally indulged and bought myself something Ive ALWAYS wanted - a writing bureau, no idea why Ive aways wanted one but I have and I saw a stunning one in Laura Ashley. Its without question THE most expensive piece of furniture Ive ever owned but its beautiful!

Ive had neither the time nor inclination to get online much this week to be honest. Im so damn tired. I better get a good wi result on Monday with all the walking Ive done not to mention the trips up and down the stairs to the apartment carrying boxes lol

Hope everyone is having a good week - hope to be back online more next week

Congratulations and all the best in your new home Sandy!

WOW! you have had some spending spree...your new Laura Ashley writing bureau sounds lovely.

Love Mini xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back