Starlights Diary - and so this horrible year continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
2lbs sounds pretty impressive to me!!

Well done on your 2lbs off my love. It's a good result. Maybe your exercise will catch up with you next week and will give you another good lose next week. Don't be disheartened and stick at it you are doing really well. Take care. xxx

2 lbs is great Star, good to see your still here keeping everyone in line :) I couldnt manage a dinner party with friends without stuffing my face ! well done! x

Well I cheated, it was Chinese ;)

glad you're liking your new place - whats happening with the old one exactly?? x

I have it til Jan 28th so when I moved I literally packed all that was coming with me, but I have loads of kitchen stuff to pack up for the charity shop and some seriously scary cupboards to get put into black bags :( Like I said, if someone would burn the damn place down it would be great :giggle:

2lbs sounds pretty impressive to me!!

Thanks Lydia :)

Well done on your 2lbs off my love. It's a good result. Maybe your exercise will catch up with you next week and will give you another good lose next week. Don't be disheartened and stick at it you are doing really well. Take care. xxx

I blooming hope it does!! I felt I deserved something extra lol

Hi
Just popping in to say hello - have a great day :)

Went back to my old flat to start the big clear out... UGH!!

But when I was there mum phoned. My sister in law got her swine flu jag today and within minutes of getting it shed lost the power in her arm and leg and the muscles in her face all dropped. She was rushed to hospital and the doctors actually thought she had had a stroke!! Thankfully shes ok and is recovering ok, but just a warning to anyone thinking of getting it. M has never had any allergies, is fit and healthy but had a really serious reaction to it. Needless to say the kids arent getting it now. Its a worry when drugs are so new that the side effects and things maybe arent so well known :(

I had my swine flu jab, my arm hurt for a few days and I did feel achy and tired but that was all, sounds like she had a really bad reaction-hope she's ok now!!

Well done ob 2lb loss x

God how awful I am getting mine this afternoon, to be honest I want to have it because I really don't won't swine flu again (as its mutating you can get it again), it was the worst flu I have ever experienced!

Went back to my old flat to start the big clear out... UGH!!

But when I was there mum phoned. My sister in law got her swine flu jag today and within minutes of getting it shed lost the power in her arm and leg and the muscles in her face all dropped. She was rushed to hospital and the doctors actually thought she had had a stroke!! Thankfully shes ok and is recovering ok, but just a warning to anyone thinking of getting it. M has never had any allergies, is fit and healthy but had a really serious reaction to it. Needless to say the kids arent getting it now. Its a worry when drugs are so new that the side effects and things maybe arent so well known :(

Thanks for the info starlight, my son who is only 8 is due to get his on tuesday, i'm worried sick , still don't know whether or not to get him it. He is also meant to be getting the seasonal flu jab at the same time x

Thanks for the info starlight, my son who is only 8 is due to get his on tuesday, i'm worried sick , still don't know whether or not to get him it. He is also meant to be getting the seasonal flu jab at the same time x

Its really difficult isn't it knowing what to do for the best, having had swine flu myself I know I never want to go through that again, but maybe research the facts and have a chat with your doctor before Tuesday and then make an informed decision based on what you think is best for your son?

As Sandy said this is an unusal case. My practice have vaccinated over 1000 people and no adverse reactions other than the odd arm aching ...mine included. There is no onus on anyone to have it done its recommended for those at risk because as Lydia says if you get the flu you will know it ..it cannot be mistaken for a cold or chest infection and as we have already seen some people don't survive it. Those with other problems are the most likely to suffer badly if they get the flu. The best thing if you are at all concerned is to discuss with your GP.

M

Yes I agree, my pregnant friend had the jab & apart from an achy arm was fine. I think whilst always having these things with caution, there are also benefits. People react to things in different ways & we would never know if something was going to happen - I had a reaction once to a curry pasty !!!! Never had one since !!!!

I definitely dont want to scare anyone into not getting it and Ive never heard of anyone reacting anywhere near as bad as Marie did I just felt mentioning it was worth while. Id feel really awful if someone on here had it and had the same reaction and I was left thinking 'Hmmm wish Id told them about M' Like everything else its up to the individual to make decisions but when somethings as new as this it always makes me nervous

Hi
Hope you are having a good weekend :)

I know how hard you are going to find this Christmas. I will be thinking of you. This is my 4th Christmas since Mam died and it still feels very strange.

Irene xx

Had not too bad a day on Friday, all things considered. We did things at mums pace and how she wanted them. Made some very definite changes in the way we did things, so it was a bit different.

The girls made it nice - who can resist a couple of very excited little girls lol

But in line with the rest of this God awful year we got a phone call on Boxing Day to say my uncle had collapsed and died on Xmas morning. My aunt had told my cousin not to phone on Xmas Day to tell us knowing the day was going to be really hard for us. Im dreading the funeral, I wasnt particularly close to my uncle, but I adore my aunt and Im very close to my cousin and I know the funeral is going to bring back a lot of hard memories. My mum and dad met at my aunt and uncles wedding. So having both been married over 40 years both my mum and her sister have lost their husbands this year :(

Thank goodness 2009 is almost over!!

Hi Sandy,

Not been about for ages, so just catching up....

Big ((((Hugs)))) for you and your family....
All the best for 2010

Love Nas x

Sorry to hear that, what terribly sad news for you all - try and work through it as best you can & remember we are all here if you need to rant - take care x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back