Start day today!

Hi all

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, first time on this kind of message board thing.
Today was my first day on the Cambridge Diet.
I met with my lovely councillor last nite, I am 5ft 9, and 16 stone 6 so have lots and lots to lose. Like most people I have tried about every diet going, and am hoping so much this will be the one that works for me.
I am doing ss+, the reason I chose this was I have a 13yr old daughter and did want to make sure I could still eat a 'normal' meal around her. So she can keep positive assoc about food etc
Today I had the apple &cin porr for breakie, a cafe latte shake for lunch, chicken and little salad leaves for my meal, and then so far 1/2 the strawberry shake, I was really full !! I am surprised how filling everything is.
I have only managed about 1.5 litres of water so far tho....
Anyway is anyone else starting today or this week? or has anyone got lots of helpful tips for this week ahead etc
Thanks to all
xx

Welcome!
I'm on day 6 so not far ahead of you.
The only tips I can think of is to keep water with you all day and sip it, you'd be surprised how much you can drink without really noticing it.
And keep busy! Even if its a crossword!

hello and good luck ! hope you have a good week, im only on week 2 myself so cant offer much in the way of advice other than to keep drinking (hard but helps!) and keep coming on here and have a chat... im always here and there are many members who know all the ins and outs !!!

good luck on your first week, when is your weigh in? let us know how you do x

Well day two done!
Have a headache tonight and feel tired, but I did manage the full amount of water today!
Was hungry but wasn't really...think I wasnt hungry just missed actually eating food. Scared if I did though I would keep on going lol
Hopefully once this first week over all will be good.
On the whole tho pretty pleased!
xx

welocme and good luck

Hey, good luck. I start sole source today. Not so far from you, same area. Have lost 14lbs in last 3 weeks trying to reduce cals and part shakes etc but here goes the sole source. Great to know I am not lone on this journey.

Hi, today is my first day, just about to have my tomato soup, finding day one hard, but will stick to it, everyone tells me it gets easier, I sure hope so. good luck everyone

Hiya - yes its great to see someone from nr me *waves*

I am still having prrge for breakie - which I really like. Then have been having 1/2 shake fr lunch then 1/2 shake later in afternoon, then the 200cal meal - which some days I have had less of actually, then 1 day I had a soup later on in the evening and the other days just split the 3rd shake. I am really liking the coffee one, as I have that split in 2 as like a 'proper drink' lol..
What flavours have you tried, so far I have tried butterscotch, strawberry, coffee, potato & leek soup and both porrdge.
I have liked them all, and am looking forward to at a later date getting the mousse mix thing and having the butterscotch or strawberry like angel delight(ish) lol
I did a bit rubbish with water yesterday as just had a really busy day, but am back on the case today. I started on Saturday but my first weigh in is actually Thursday so not quite a full week but I am already really excited...so much to lose but just a few pounds will make it all seem worth while.
xx

Hi There

I started today too :)

I'm 13 stone 8.5 llbs, and ideally would like to get to 10 stone, although a two stone loss would make me very very happy.

I had the strawberry shake for breakfast, although that was about 1pm as I saw my wonderful counsellor this morning for the first time.
Just going to have a veggie soup, followed probably by another soup later....which is the time I always get the munchies.

I signed up to W8 last year and lost 1.5 stones....but there was no support, and I fell by the wayside.

Fingers crossed this time I will succeed, as I am so determined this time.

just want to say I am not far from Peterborough either, so looks like a few of us in the same area :)

just had my third 'meal' of the day on day one, finding it harder than I thought

I am seeing a new consultant tomorrow as one I saw yesterday charged way over the top for the meals, and told me I was not allowed to have porridge, spoken to diff consultant who charges a lot less and is happy for me to have porridge, can't wait to have that, hoping it is more filling than the shakes?????

Thought I would add, I am 11st 7. want to be just under 10, so just over 1.5 stone to loose

How much should the consultants be charging? Is there a set price or is it just what they fancy charging?

I've got some porridge for week one....it'll make a change from drinking I suppose! Lol

I have been told that they can charge what they like, the one I say yesterday charges 44p more per meal!!!! was fuming when I found out!

Hi I work in Peterborough and live about 35 miles away from it. I started today and had aplle and cinnamon porridge late brekkie - nice and then a chocolate and mint shake very nice mid afternoon. Drinking the water has bee a struggle about 2 litres so far, having my final meal later. My CDC charged me £44 for 24 assorted sachets of milkshakes, soup and porridge. Is that reasonable? Maybe we could all form our own team on the Team bit ??

I think a Team Peterborough sounds awesome!
Mine was £36.75 for 21 sachets...
I have found splitting one of the shakes at least is really really helpful, if you use the same amount of water too !
hugs to all
xx

Well I weighed in last nite and was 4lbs down.
I am happy with this for 3 reasons, 1 - it was only 6 days in (I started Saturday got weighed thursday), 2 - I felt quite rough for a few days and did none of my usual exercise or activity this week and 3- my TOTM.
So 4lbs in 6 days with all those factors and I am pleased.
It wasn't till Weds that I think I can honestly say I really felt properly happy and in control of eating again, no panics about food or cravings etc S
So I know most people lose like 11 pounds week 1 etc, but I am very happy with 4Lbs off in 6 days and know it will keep on coming off!
YAY!

Well I weighed in last nite and was 4lbs down

That's very good considering all those things so well done:happy096:
I only lost 6.5lbs in my first week and mine was a full week and I ate some naughties on one of my days but that was all.
Into my second now and already had relapse.
Keep up the good work and I bet next week you will see an even bigger loss xx

Back