Start of a New Year, start of getting back on track

LizzieM

Start of a New Year, start of getting back on track and heading to my next goal. :scale:

After the last couple of weeks trying to stay on plan and not succeeding, I have decided to start recording my food diary again to help keep me focused.

Day 1 - back on track

Breakfast - magic porridge (hex B)

Lunch - Super speed soup

Dinner - SW fish pie with green beans and corn on the cob

Snacks - reduced fat Cumberland sausage (1/2 syn), apple, pear, 2x reduced fat baby bel (4 syns)

Options chocolate drink (2 syns)

250ml semi skimmed milk (hex A)

Total syns - 6 1/2

Exercise - body pump

Feeling good today, really feel I am now back on track and following the plan. Yesterday I cooked a few meals from the SW magazine to put in the freezer so I have my menus sorted for the coming week.

Day 2- back on track

Lunch - Boiled egg, raw carrots, celery, reduced fat Cumberland sausage (1/2 syn)

Dinner - SW fish pie with green beans, carrots and sprouts

Dessert - Turkish delight muller light yogurt

Snacks - reduced fat Cumberland sausage (1/2 syn), apple, 1 x reduced fat baby bel (2 syns)

Options chocolate drink (2syns)

Total syns - 5

Exercise - body attack, 5 mile walk along sea front

Snow is on its way. Glad I have already sorted out my menus and cooked a few meals for the next few days. Not wanting to venture out in the snow and cold weather to do any shopping.

Day 3 - back on track

Lunch - super speed soup

Dinner - SW beef and red wine casserole (1 syn) with mixed vegetables

Snacks - reduced fat Cumberland sausage (1/2 syn), orange, boiled egg, 1 x reduced fat baby bel (2 syns)

Options chocolate drink (2syns)

Total syns - 5 1/2

Exercise - 20/20/20

Another good day for me today. No gym so i went for a quick walk in the snow to get some fresh air before lunch. Lunch was a Toby carvery which was nice on a cold day like this. I should have been working a night shift tonight but due to the weather I will be staying home in the warm, bonus.

Day 4 - back on track

Lunch - Toby carvery, no roasties, Yorkshire pud or cauliflower cheese. Going to say (4 syns)

Dinner - jacket potato with leftover mixed veg and 25g of reduced fat cheese (3 syns)

Snacks - banana, satsuma, muller light yogurt

Total syns - 9

Exercise - rest day

A very lazy day today, apart from my 40 min walk before breakfast. I had to be a little careful walking on the pavements, the snow had turned to ice in some places, and I didn't want to end up on my backside.

Day 5 - back on track

Breakfast - English muffin (8 syns) with smoked salmon, grilled bacon and 2 poached eggs

Lunch - magic porridge (hexB) (my planned breakfast had we not gone out)

Dinner - SW tarragon chicken with steamed vegetables

Snacks - banana, pear, melon

Total syns - 8

Exercise - 40min walk

Didn't feel like cooking tonight so decided to have a Chinese takeaway, and as it is the weekend enjoyed a glass of wine with it. Not sure on the syn value for the takeaway so I have either over or under guesstimated but I didn't managed to finish it all. Slightly over on syns today but I have remained low on syns thru the week so happy with what I have had today. :)

Day 6 - back on track

Breakfast - magic porridge

Lunch - super speed soup

Dinner - Chinese take away, chicken with bamboo shoots and water chestnuts, plain rice (6 syns), 1 large glass of white wine (8 syns)

Dessert - muller light yoghurt

Snacks - apple

Total syns - 16

Exercise - body step

It's my first WI tomorrow fingers crossed I will have lost my post Christmas weight and a little extra. :)

Day 7 - back on track

Lunch - Super speed soup

Dinner - SW fish pie with steamed vegetables

Snacks - banana, pear, BGTY Cumberland sausage (1/2 syn), baby bel light cheese (2 syns)

Total syns - 4 1/2

Exercise - Sh'bam

Week 1 complete and WI this morning. I have lost 3 1/4lbs which is my post Christmas gain and a little bit more gone :) . Really pleased I have lost the extra I gained and fully back on plan. We went out for a meal this evening but I made sure I made the right choices from the menu and only ate to my appetite. :) Just a 1/4lb away from getting into the 10's and achieving my 3rd goal, yay.

Day 8 - back on track

Lunch - Rice with chicken

Dinner - Eggs Benedict (4 syns) Sirloin steak with jacket potato, grilled tomato and mushrooms

Snacks - banana, orange, BGTY Cumberland sausage (1/2 syn),

Total syns - 6

Exercise - Body pump and body balance

Hi, all sound good :) can I ask what magic porridge is..? X

Hi, it's porridge oats (hexB) mixed with a muller light yoghurt, any flavour, and frozen berries (I use frozen raspberries, Black Forest mix, cherries. Or you can use fresh fruit mixed into the oats just before you eat it) and left in the fridge over night for the oats to absorb the yoghurt. It's easy to make, satisfying and yummy.

Hi, it's porridge oats (hexB) mixed with a muller light yoghurt, any flavour, and frozen berries (I use frozen raspberries, Black Forest mix, cherries. Or you can use fresh fruit mixed into the oats just before you eat it) and left in the fridge over night for the oats to absorb the yoghurt. It's easy to make, satisfying and yummy.

That does sound yummy may try it tomorrow :) thanks.! Does the frozen fruit defrost? Xx

Day 9 - back on track

Lunch - Super speed soup

Dinner - SW beef and red wine casserole with mashed mixed potato and sweet potato

Snacks - orange, BGTY Cumberland sausage (1/2 syn), baby bel light cheese (2 syns)

Total syns - 4 1/2

Exercise - Rest day

It was a work day for me today so I changed around my lunch and dinner options as it is an early start and late home day. Having my main meal at lunch helps me get thru the day. There are still a few Christmas sweets left at work so treated myself to a couple.

Day 10 - back on track

Lunch - Jacket potato with portion of Super speed soup and 25g reduced fat cheese (3 syns)

Dinner - corn on the cob, 2 x BGTY Cumberland sausages (1 syn)

Snacks - 2 x apples, muller light yoghurt, 3 x quality street sweets (6 syns)

Total syns - 10

Exercise - Work day

The day started well but it ended up with me going completely off plan. We went to an all you can eat Chinese buffet restaurant. I stayed away from the egg fried rice, noodles, prawns deep fried in batter etc, but the chocolate fountain and the Eton mess I just could not resist :( Planning to make up for it over the next few days and keep the syns low to try and keep the damage to a minimum :)

Day 11 - back on track

Lunch - Super speed soup

Dinner - eat all you want Chinese buffet including some nice desserts

Snacks - banana

Total syns - too many

Exercise - Body pump and body step

Last night was a night shift for me so today was very much about catching up on the sleep. I didn't have my meals planned for today but I managed to stay on plan, cooking myself a very simple roast chicken and vegetable meal. Going to restock the cupboards tomorrow and sort out my meals for the coming week. :)

Day 13 - back on track

Lunch - BGTY Cumberland sausages (1 syn)

Dinner - roasted chicken thighs with roasted vegetables

Dessert - muller light yoghurt

Snacks - banana, orange

Total syns - 1

Exercise - rest day

Back