Start of Day 3 Of Attack and 4 llbs off already - !!!

yummywhitewine

Today is the start of day 3.
I am only starting my diary today as I didn't think I'd be able to stick to it!! First two days gone dead well and the hardest thing is not having a glass of vino on a night!!
I'm having smoked salmon omelettes for breakfast
then grazing through out the day on salmon and chicken strips.
I put the oat bran on the chicken strips and dip them in egg first so its like crispy chicken! Not sure if this is how i'm meant to have the oat bran but it cheers the chicken up a bit!!
I'm aiming to do a five day attack so Friday will be last day.
Loving Dukan so far. Not loving the expense of it!! Costing a bloody fortune as I have huuuuuugeggge appetite!!
Going to try and do something with shirataki noodles and chicken for tea so it feels like a stir fry

Anyway started at 18 stone 6 on the scales on monday morning and am now 18 stone 2. I have a bloody long way to go though!! Want to get down to 13 stone!!!

Would be so happy if I could get into the 17's by the end of attack.

Excellent start, missus! Oatbran on your chicken is fine .... personally, I'm addicted to oatbran porridge. Yummmmm :D

P x

I might try that tomorrow with skimmed milk. I'm also having a fair few skimmed milk coffee's. It doensn't say in book that there's a limit on skimmed milk in attack so I hope I'm not over doing it with them!! Seems maybe too good to be true though !!

I love shiritaki noodles. They are so easy to mix into recipes & fill me up. good luck on your journey.

My fave is the Oatbran porridge for brekkie to have it every day in the week. Then make bread for the weekend and either have eggy bread at the weekend or a bacon sarnie (well turkey bacon) Lots of people have it in muffins or as a gallete (used as a wrap yum) I know someone who when in a rush just dumps it in a yogurt! :D

Good start though :D

Hello & welcome. Good luck with your journey x

Thank you all for your welcome!!!
Day 4 of Dukan! No movement on scales this morning but 5 pounds down since I started attack so not too worried.
Today however I just can't face eating!! I've had two skimmed milk coffee's and a litre of water but nothing is tempting me! Just not hungry at all!!!! so i've had a turkey rasher so that I've had something and am just going to wait til I have some appetite!!! This is most unlike me as last night I happily troughed my way through 2 fillet steaks and two pieces of calves liver with tasty yoghurt dressing!!!
I've been having a lot of diet coke as well.
One thing that I am a bit confused about and I don't know if anyone can help - In the book and on the sites I've read there is nothing that states any where about there being a limit on diet coke (apart from if it is a brand with calories/carbs) - However when I looked on the Dukan live chat site yesterday they said a maximum of 3 cans per day!! If that's the case then I'm over coking myself!!!
Anyway feel incredibly lively and full of energy so thinking ketosis is here ! YAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!:)

Hi Yummy

I don't limit Diet Coke and tend to have a couple if cans a day.

In terms of the Dukan live chat, things on there should be taken with a pinch of salt! Back in the summer, Joodle started a thread on here where she posted all the 'nuggets' from the live chat - it was hilarious! Have a search if you fancy a giggle ... ;)

P x

I must admit half of the c rap on there seemed to contradict the stuff in the book!!

Day 5 of Attack:
Yuk yuk and yuk.... I've woken up with a hangover. Like a serious hangover!!! Yet not a drop of booze has passed my lips. I thought I'd got off lightly. Clearly it's taken longer than normal to fully get the ketosis "flu" . I've done a lot of low carbing before and also lighter life and cambridge so wonder if my body is a bit resistant to getting into the zone.
Anyway I have a banging head ache and am grumpy and could happily kill!
I actually felt soooo dehydrated when I woke up. I drank 3 litres of water yesterday + tea,coffee and diet coke and a few herb teas. I've had 2 nurofen and sipped 4 pints of water over the last hour to rehydrate.
I'm another pound down on the scales so 18.0 dead now. Would be nice if by tomorrow morning which is the end of the Attack i've broken through the barrier into the 17's. I'm debating whether to do another day/2days on attack to make sure i'm fully in the zone.
Also I'm going to reduce my dairy a little bit. Seem to be drinking a fair amount of skimmed milk coffee's. When I used MFP to check my stats yesterday I'd had 1700 calories, (i'd stuffed my head all afternoon so that in itself is miraculous) . However my carbs were at 40 which seems quite high for a low carb diet maybe??
Today although i feel like total cack, I'm going to have oat bran gallete with egg and turker rasher for breaky, and keep rehydrating on pure water through the day.
Hope I feel a bit better tomorrow.
Still 6 pounds down after 4 days of attack so far. Feel pretty chirpy about that at least!!!!!:)

One of the best live chat nuggets was to have a banana lol

it makes a mockery of the whole website!! god help the poor sods who've paid money to use the service!!! it's so confusing!!

I just read about the 3 can limit aswell, I usually have 3 or 4 cans and it hasn't don't me any harm so far.

Start of day six and I'm really annoyed - i've only gone and put weight on :(
Gond on scales this morning, Initially I was two pounds heavier, now after a shower and a wee I'm one pound heavier!!! in theory i finished attack yesterday. i still aren't sure the skimmed milk doesn't agree with me. I lurrrrrrve it, but when I've done diets before even slimming world it seems to slow my weight loss. I wonder if I'm a bit lactose intollerant. Although not sure if that would affect weight loss or not.. trouble is I adore dairy products!!! I was dead good with the milk yesterday then had 2 decaff skinny lattes last night :( Drinking loads of water. Had 1600 calories of lean meat and fish and tons of water yesterday so feeling rather hard done by!!!!
Think the worst thing is I stayed in and cleaned on a Friday night instead of going out on the town!!
I'm going to do an extra day of attack today and really keep off the milk and see if it makes a difference. I just feel for the weight I'm at that I should have lost more than 4 ish pounds after 5 days of attack. I have 6 stone to lose!!!
Anyway aren't I a moaning beatch this morning!!!! I should be happy i've lost anythin!!
Going for a five mile walk with the dog and my friend shortly so hopefully that'll get the old metabolism going.
Got to go for lunch but already pre decided that I'm having the fillet steak and am actually going to have an omelette before I go out so that i don't hit the bread basket!!!
Anyway Will carry on.
Have been looking at cruise with some menu's for next week. It seems very like slimming world red day without the healthy extra's and sins. Looking forward to some asparagus and spinach with my food!! also going to make a nice bolognese style sauce to nibble at as I miss tomato so much!!
:(

I wouldn't do any extra day of attack if you've completed what Dr D's website advised it probably wouldn't make much difference. Sometimes weight fluctuates. I would move on to cruise and have some veg and shake things up a bit that way. Sometimes the changes take a bit longer to show on the scales than we all like, but it happens eventually, just trust the diet. x

I wouldn't do any extra day of attack if you've completed what Dr D's website advised it probably wouldn't make much difference. Sometimes weight fluctuates. I would move on to cruise and have some veg and shake things up a bit that way. Sometimes the changes take a bit longer to show on the scales than we all like, but it happens eventually, just trust the diet. x

Thanks Munchkin71!! you're right. If I'd lost the weight on ww or sw in a week I'd be happy. I'm wanting over night miracles! I'm going to start adding some onions and veggies later. Still gonna keep an eye on my skimmed milk intake!! xxx

Had first day of Cruise and feel fine. Had steak and spinach for lunch and actually drank water and diet coke on a meal out!! This is a first for me probably every. Felt really weird driving home. I kept looking in the mirror worrying I was gonna get done for drink driving, then remembering that I was fine to drive and sober!! I sound like I have an alcohol issue now!!!
Not hungry tonight. Bought some calamari rings from Marks and Spencers which I might nibble on laters if I get peckish.
Hmmm it's saturday night and I'm in, at home, single and not even a glass of Brigette Jones vino!!! something is not right.!! What the hell am I meant to do!????
I think I'm going to clean my house and hoover then find a film to watch.
Think i need to address my social life as it seems to hovver around wine bars and restaurants!! Need find some none eating and drinking hobbies!!!

Hmmm it's saturday night and I'm in, at home, single and not even a glass of Brigette Jones vino!!! something is not right.!! What the hell am I meant to do!????
I think I'm going to clean my house and hoover then find a film to watch.
Think i need to address my social life as it seems to hovver around wine bars and restaurants!! Need find some none eating and drinking hobbies!!!

This sounds exactly like me!!!

I'm glad it's not just me then!!! I kind of really don't know what to do with myself!!! I'm stone cold sober and feel too lively to sit quietly and read and watch telly!!! I'm f booking and wondering how quick i can get this weight off!!! Not helping my mates keep texting to tell me what a fab night they are having!!! Tossers!!!

Back