Induction Started and hope this time it will work....

Thank you girls. I started to come to terms with this...Life goes on and we just hope for the better... Anyway, concentrating on planning IVF etc now, my husbands second tests turned out to be better than the first time and I don't want really to wait anylonger despite our uncertain financial future. I am set on going abroad for our treatments. Found this clinic which does all the preparations here in London but the procedure itself in Lithuania, look cheap, good reviews and don't have all this discriminating policies when it comes to heavier ladies...Of course they ask to loose as much as possible and explain the complications but they give you a chance...

Had a difficult day today, went for the ultrasound with the clinic I wrote before and they found a myoma and recommended to remove it before IVF. Am really confused because when I went through the tests and consultations with the UK doctors they never recommended or told me about this. But on the other side this clinic is actually interested in my IVF why would they recommend something that would jeopardize their chances of receiving my business: they don't do those surgeries anyway...Not sure what to do, this will postpone the whole thing again and am scared a bit...

Well, last week was totally off track. Will need all my will power to get back on induction. On one side, I already feel like Christmas came early with the amount of drinks, catch-ups and parties going on. And could not resist occasional drink, little snack etc...But I guess the main factor is that it looks like my IVF is postponed at least for another 3 months: went through another round of consultations and they actually found 3 fibroids with one being particularly bad, so will need to get rid of it first :( Hence, today reached out for this chocolate bar making all the excuses possible for myself :( I guess, the next month will be the main challenge. Went food shopping today and all those sweets, christmas puddings etc Such a temptation!

Sorry to hear about more fibroids and delayed IVF. I so know how you feel with all the Christmas treats out there, it is all I can do to resist them when I go out shopping and not buy a whole batch and wolf down in one sitting!

Kimmi suggested a challenge to Christmas and that has helped me focus until then. It's only 4 or so more weeks to go but I am being good and telling myself I will be able to eat all those goodies come Christmas.

Also, I have found if I have Atkins treats around, I tend to have some on the weekend (like SF jelly and cream or pork scratchings) and that helps me keep focused for the week.

In saying all that, it can't be easy what you're going through and you're doing the best you can. Good luck hun x

Thank you Toni. I bet you will look great this Christmas - you've lost so much! It's a pity I missed Kimmi's challenge, but found a one for myself - to keep myself from going sideways I bought a week pack of Nutrisaveours low carb diet. Not to waste money spent it should keep me in check for a week :) and then will see...As I stalled for more than a month, I think going on 750 kkal per day might help me to accelerate the weight loss, assuming I will survive all the Christmas treats :)

Thanks, the good losses are keeping me motivated.

I fell your pain re the stalling, I stalled for a month too and was so despondent I cheated, more than once! The VLCD should def give you some results and should be easier to stick to as you are already in ketosis from being on Atkins! How does Nutrisaveours work, do you get meals or shakes (or both)? Onward and downward and let us both remember that Christmas treats are (unlike puppies) JUST FOR CHRISTMAS! Also, remember the tip to go after you've eaten, not when you're ravenous (as I've done many a time).

Good luck hun! x

Toni, this diet pack is mostly replacement meals, many are very tasty (except for the dessert) and not powder based so quick to prepare. I really like their chicken, curry and coconut milk soup. Perfect for snack or lunch at work. Since soups were close to their "Best before" date, I also got them really cheap. The only thing is that I still didn't really started with the full transition, now only complimenting my current Atkins. I will probably start next week because this week I had my surgery yesterday, obviously was down a bit so cheated: my husband treated me to my favorite eclairs after the procedure. Now I am back at home will probably be a bit more relaxed for couple of days and start on Monday.

Back