Started at 268lbs!

I've diagnosed myself with all sorts, I suspect I've got irritable bowel, but can't be too careful. I was tested for Chlamydia at my last smear 2 years ago, all clear. Have only been with Ash in the last 10 years so I'm sure it's not an STI of any kind. It's been over 2 years since we split up so I figured I'm okay there. Was actually a bit miffed when gp suggested PID but apperently its not always caused by STIs ...... Who knows? I just want it to go away :(

Right!.....I haved logged into my diary to vent. I am so pevved with weight loss...or the lack of it. I am still in the same god damn stone! Every time I get close to leaving it, I go back up again?!

I've been on WW for almost 4 weeks now. Week 1 - 6lbs, week 2 - 3.5lbs, week 3 - 1lb and week 4 is looking like a gain :(

I am following plan and was pleased with initial losses, but I;ve been the same weight for almost a fortnight night now and I am working my ass off in the gym! I'd love anyone's opinions on my work out? And where I might be going wrong?

Yesterday I went and burnt 750kcals! And thats by my polar watch, not by the machines. My cardio stamina has definately increased, though I've not really noticed any difference to my shape or muscle tone yet?

Yesterdays work out was.......

15 minutes on the treadmill....I start at speed 3.4 (I've only got little legs) and start on no incline, then every miunte I go up 0.5 incline until I reach incline 4 and I hold it there....I find it builds up my heart rate much quicker.

25 mins on the cross trainer....working at a speed of about 6.5mph. I try to keep my heart rate over 145 on the cross trainer and I bounce up and down. Yesterday I managed to hold my bpm at 180!!! for 2 minutes. Felt like my heart was going to burst out of my chest, but hopefully thats a good thing! Poor thing doesnt get exercised very often :)

The I did 10 minutes on the rower...I hate the rower, but I know it's good for my arms and shoulders. I just keep to about 25spm, but what I do is I do 10 strokes with my hands in normal position and then flip my hands around so I'm holding the handles upside down and do 10 more, then flip them back the right way around and so on. By the end of the 10 minutes, my arms are killing :)

Then I did some weights...I worked my inner and outer thighs, my abs and my inner and outer arms (don't know the technical terms?!) I try to do sets of 25 reps and I do it on a weight where the first two sets are pretty easy, but I have to push for the last two. I always thought it's better to go a lower weight and do more reps than to go a heavier weight and less reps....as I want to tone what's there, not build more muscle mass. But correct me if I'm wrong guys?!

Then I did a brisk 10 minutes walk on the treadmill. As a cool down.

I'm back in the gym tomorrow with my sister in law, so any new ideas are welcome :)

I am just soo peeved with no loosing anything! Yesterday I ate about 2400kcals and burnt about 750kcals...so total for the day was about 1650kcals. My fitness pal is telling me I should be aiming for 1380kcals daily, so I am over, but I did eat more yesterday than usual. I do usually make my target.

I just don't know what to do to get going? I feel like I should go back on VLCD, but I dont want to keep falling back to it. I hasn't worked up until now, I cant maintain on it....plus I really do want to improve my exercise and well being in general?!

Kez your work out sounds fine to me, why don't you try Tabata training. It's short intense bursts and only takes 10 mins then carry on with normal work out. Google Tabata, and you can do it on x-trainer, bike or treadmill but its tricky on treadmill cos you have to jump off and on ( like they do on BL) . I'd be scared of falling off. I've Tabata a few times and I like it.

The other thing is are you doing any resistance stuff, if so do it first after a 5 minute warm up this raises your heart rate and get you fat burning do when you do your cardio it's more efficient.

Im attempting to jazz it up...just about to go into body balance and got zumba toning tomorrow night.

Think i need to re-address how i am spending my calories.

Im so fed up.....7lbs up in a week.What am I doing wrong? I just want to cry :(

cornishkez said:
Im so fed up.....7lbs up in a week.What am I doing wrong? I just want to cry :(

I don't know hun, are you keeping an accurate food diary? It sometimes helps to identify if you're going wrong somewhere. If not its worth a try, used to help me when i did sw. The other thing is are you drinking enough? Even when not on a VLCD water is important in weightloss.

I'm terrible for dieting advice because the only one that has ever been remotely successful for me is CD, but I know it's not for everyone.

Dont lose heart though Hun, keep fighting and try changing up your workouts a little bit. Xx

Definately not enough water, maybe I should start there? Im tracking food on MFP and propoints on WWs. I use a polar monitor so I hope my kcals burnt are accurate.

Im going to wear my heart monitor for 24 hours tomorrow to see what my actual kcals burnt are like compared to my BMR. Might give me a better idea if where my kcals in should be?

Why does it have to be so hard?!

cornishkez said:
Definately not enough water, maybe I should start there? Im tracking food on MFP and propoints on WWs. I use a polar monitor so I hope my kcals burnt are accurate.

Im going to wear my heart monitor for 24 hours tomorrow to see what my actual kcals burnt are like compared to my BMR. Might give me a better idea if where my kcals in should be?

Yeah that'll help you get a better idea of what your intake needs to be!! I hate that it's so hard for us :( its not fair!! But you can do it, don't panic but just keep your wedding dress in the back of your mind.

I think it's a case of finding the balance, do you get extra points for exercising? If you do, do you use them? Maybe you don't need them, it might be too much? I don't know how WW works.

Hi Kez, just wanted to say hi and say keep going chick, I went back to a vlcd and regretted it and now back doing carb intro before starting ww again on thurs, I agree with sal defo up the water even if sugar free squash, I aim for 1.5 to 2 litres of water a day, also are you using all your daily points? And lastly could it be totm looming? Don't be disheartened hun as it is impossible that it's a fat gain, it could just be some water retention.

Lastly I have noticed people using my fitness along side there diet tend to have sts as think the calorie counting takes your mind away from the diet be it sw or ww , you have done so well, and 10.5lbs in 3 weeks is fantastic on ww :) xxx

Hey Dappy....I'm feeling a bit more positive today, though still not a happy bunny!

I track on the WW website, I get 37 points daily (and should use them all), then you get an additional 49 points a week to spend if you choose to...think weekly syns in SW land. Plus if you use all your daily and all your additional then you can spend any activity points you have earnt.

I am tracking on MFP as well to try to get an idea of what my kcal intake is in comparison to the WW points, though the WW propoints is my main guide (the website tracker is rubbish though!).

I've got my polar watch on and so far (since 6.50am) I have burnt 921kcals....450 of them were in the gym this morning. Scott doesn't think it will be accurate, but I disagree...surely, if I have the watch programmes to my height, weight, age etc and my heart monitor is working then thats as accurate a guide as I am going to get doing it myself? Surely it'll be more accurate than the generalised calculators online?

I was wondering whether I'm not eating enough?! And my body is going into starvation? Scott laughed when I said that and said don't be stupid, the less you eat the more you'll lose. But it doesn't work like that does it? I'm not in ketosis, so if I eat too few I'll go into starvation right?! I'm so lost on all of this now...I've read up on so many diets I just don't know in what direction to go :) I dont know whether if you go too far below your MBR, you hit starvation or whether as long as you eat your MBR's worth of kcals it doesnt matter how many you burn, as you've taken in what you body wants?!

I'll see what my results are like after wearing the watch for 24 hours!

Well gym this morning and zumba tone this evening....feeling exhausted now. Polar watch is showing 3115kcals burnt so far...900 of them earnt through exercise...1950 kcals food in...so a deficit of over a 1000kcals so far....which must equal a loss! lol

Looking forward to weighing tomorrow to see if my hard days work has paid off at all.

Having a day off tomorrow. Did gym sunday morning, body balance monday night, gym this morning and zumba tone this evening. Think I've earnt a day off! lol

Back