Started at 268lbs!

Hey great post! I'm sitting here at wide awake and it's nearly 1am. This is the end of day 3 for me - is not sleeping something that happens on this diet? Hope I'm not too tired tomorrow - I have a busy day at work ahead of me.

Am off to try to convince my body it's time for bed. G'night!

It seems to affect different people in different ways. I cant say Ive had problems sleeping on a vlcd before...but it is something that seems to crop up quite often.

Well I finally got to sleep a little after 1am and was wide awake again by 6:50 - and I'm an 8hr/night (at least) girl! :eek:

Feeling ok so far today though - good energy, alert. Hmm, now that I'm focussing on how I feel, I feel hungry - time for a cup of tea.

lol...maybe best not to focus too much. I just hate being restless?!

Oops...not posted in my diary since last week! Have been on plan all week, have been a very good girl. Had a couple of omlettes and a few cheesestrings, but other than that just my packs. Am hoping the scales reward me well in the morning :)

Can't wait to see the 16's!

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Weigh in today! Am down 4.2lbs...am pretty chuffed with that. You always want a little bit more, like now I wish I'd got another 1.2lbs so that I'd hit 2 stone....but it's ok, I'll save it for next week :)

:happy096: Congratulations! Great result! There's always the desire to lose more - but 4.2lbs in 1 week is wonderful!!!

Well I was chuffed with todays weigh in, but annoyed with myself for falling off the wagon today. 3 little mouthful chunks of flapjack, some chicken at lunch and a mushroom and ham omelette for tea.

I am wondering whether to go back up to 810 and start getting some swimming in?! 18 weeks till the wedding, 4 calendar months...qhich on cd could be 4 stone right?! Im only aiming for 2, but wouldnt that be incredible?

Stick with what you are doing! Well done on your loss!

I agree - stick with what you're doing as it's working! :)

My fear about going to SS+ is that I would interpret it as "permission" to eat more. Now because I'm on SS I keep extras under 100cal and low carb. Plus I try to work out a little bit extra if I have the time. Hmmm, I sound like a control maniac!

I can recommend working out/swimming - I've had quite a bit of energy and the workouts help with that.

Wedding sounds like a great goal to keep you on track!

Morning ladies...well I did it! I finally went swimming. I love it when I go, but just hate dragging myself out of bed :(

Up at 6am, sent Scott off to work, fed and sorted the dogs, went and sorted the horses, then swimming for half an hour.

I usually go for half an hour and set myself a target number of lengths...because I haven't been for ages (probably years)...I just took it steady. I did 26 lengths in 30 minutes...I'm a strong swimmer, but very slow.

Then what I do is every week I add 2 more lengths. So this week will be 26 lengths, then next week will be 28 lengths etc, etc. Then once I get up to about 34 lengths, I try to hold it at 34 lengths but introduce more front crawl, which is faster, but harder work. Then when I can do the majority of the lengths front crawl, I'll up the number of lengths again. :)

I am still glowing a bit now and I've been out of the water an hour!

I used to love it when I went swimming and I could feel the sweat pouring out of me, while I was in the water...it's a very bizarre feeling...but I know I am getting a great work out without the pain and aches in my knees and ankles.

Anyway, I am jibbering.....I feel rubbish in myself, I had a poorly throat yesterday and it is still bad today and when I came out of the pool, I felt really, really rough! But that's passed a little. I went into Tesco and picked up some lettuce, cucumber and cottage cheese. So if I do feel I want to have something to eat, I am prepared!

:clap: Congratulations on your swim! Sounds like you enjoyed it and you have a plan to keep it going! Woo hoo!

Hello all...just checking in to say I have decided to leave the world of VLCD and have a go at WW's.

I was poorly rough last week and knocked myself out of ketosis with medicines and cough sweets etc etc. Plus I needed to eat...this tempted me into over indulging though, which then lead me to bingeing!

So enough is enough, I need to find a plan and stick to it! There is a new WW meeting in my village, so I ventured on down.

I am also still swimming, this morning I did 32 lengths in 30 mins, compared to my 24 a week ago. It doesn't take long to build up! I need to start focussing on doing more length of front crawl now...it's jsut frustrating because in front crawl, I am faster than all the others in the lane, but can't keep up with the people in the next lane over?! SO I end up treading water stuck behind people!

Also, I went for a walk last night....2 miles in 39 mins. It was murder on my ankles though! But I guess practice makes perfect, my sister wants me to do race for life with her and I kow that a lot of her crowd will be jogging right the way round...so I'd like to at least know I can power stomp the 3 miles easily.

Kez you can still finish the BL Challenge if you want, there's a few people who aren't doing CD doing it. Hopefully WW will be the thing that works for you, I'm just trying to work out whats the best for me, I've been feeling really grotty lately with pains in my lower abdomen, not sure if it's gynae or bowel related and its making me miserable, So today I did a stupid thing and feel back to my old friend chocolate, ate the whole lot and feel even more miserable than I did before. Boo!!

I need a kick up the backside!! Good luck with WW, didn't mean to come on your diary being all 'woe is me', sorry

Kez - good luck with WW! I hope it works for you!

You are always welcome surf! woey or not :) Ive been having lots of abdominal discomfort lately, am starting to think I should maybe go for a check up. Feels like when you are about to come on, but constant and im not due for 2 weeks ?! hopefully your appointment monday sheds some light.

cornishkez said:
You are always welcome surf! woey or not :) Ive been having lots of abdominal discomfort lately, am starting to think I should maybe go for a check up. Feels like when you are about to come on, but constant and im not due for 2 weeks ?! hopefully your appointment monday sheds some light.

That's exactly what it feels like, I feel like I'm being pinged with an elastic band from the inside. Grr, already been to GP once, she suspected PID but test came back negative, so not that. I'll let you know how I get on.

I recently had a smear test, like less than 6 months ago...so that would have shown up PID wouldnt it? Also had a sexual health screening about 4 years ago. never heard anything back, so assumed all clear. Only been with scott since.

I just get a bit freaked out and start convincing myself im rotting from the inside out with chlamydia and that I'll never have kids.!

will be interested to see what they suggest with you?

Back