Started Atkins please help!!

hiya all sorry havent been around for a few days!

hope everyone is well:)

well after my hiccup on the scales last week i got on last thursday (proper weigh in day lol) and lost 1 lbs woohoo so i was over the moon as a few days earlier it said i had gained 2lbs which i was gutted at so them 2lbs had gone plus a extra 1 :)

hope the scales are good to me this week lol.xx

Last edited:
well done livy. i'm going to start atkins on monday. i've low-carbed before successfully and loved the way of eating but didn't have the stamina for it. years later i'm more than ready to give it another shot and to do it the atkins way. i just got back from my honeymoon and my girth has exceeded expectations :D i have a wedding to go to this weekend, hence the start on monday, but i can't wait :D

abz xx

Hi abz, :wavey:, nice to see you posting here.

Livy, that is great news love, I'm so pleased for you. Well done! :bliss:

thanks jim and abz:)

good luck abz hun and congrats on wedding.xx

well got on scales this morning (thurs weigh in day) and lost 3lbs wooohooooo i am so happy!!!
I am gonna try my best to stick to my diet while am in spain this week as I want to lose a few more lbs before I hit Magaluf with the girlies in 5 weeks hehe.xxx

well done babes!!

good luck with continuing in spain. you should be able to find lovely low carb foods over there. it's the booze you'll need to be careful of :D

abz xx

Have a good time Livy and well done love, you are obviously doing it right :)

Hiya everyone.

sorry its been ages since I last posted,

well back from spain 2 weeks now and opps i had a carb blow out abroad i couldnt help it, I had just weighed myself before I went to spain and I had lost 3lbs
but as soon as i got home from spain I had weighed myself and i had put a whole 7lbs on I was gutted, everyone was saying oh a few lbs will be water as you do hold on to water when you go abroad.
so anyways i got straight back into the atkins and a week later i got on scales and had lost the whole 7lbs woohooo and just weighed myself today and I have lost 3lbs woohoo however Magaluf in 2 weeks time but am gonna try not to have a carb blow out again though lol
I am living on bacon and sausage (counting carbs from sausage) from tescos,fried eggs and a spoon full of tinned toms
I thought the bacon was nitrate free as on the lable it says:
pork, water, salt and perservative E250 which i think is a nitrate however its never done me any harm with 3lbs off this week and am addicted to this at the mo oh and also sugar free jelly cream has really helped me loads:)

hope you all doing good aswell.x

Ditto for me - I was a carb fiend on holiday! Sometimes you just have to do it and deal with the consequences later! :D

Hi Livy,

that's why I go on strict induction before holidays love. I'm off tomorrow! :bliss:

Hey liv at least you got the weight back off. Jim has the right idea to do induction before you go that way if you go on a carb blowout maybe the consequences wont be so bad..

congrats for getting back on track :)

Livy, this thread has really helped me. Thanks. I'm in a bit of a fog at the moment and rather lost. You have been really encouraging.

Back