Started JUDD this week!

tashy100

Hi

After 3 years of trying to get down to 10 stone and hovering between 11/4 and 11/11 decided to take the bull by the horns and have another bash.

Wanted to find a way that enables me to eat normally some days as I find sticking to 1300 cals per day downright tedious!

So decided on JUDD in conjunction with Weight Loss Resources to monitor calorie intake. Target being no more than 9500 cals per week with Mon/Wed/Fri being down days and the rest at 2000 cals per day.

Weight target 10 stone - hopefully at a rate of 1.5lbs per week.

Wish me luck!:D

Second down day yesterday - managed to get by on around 300 cals which included an apple and cups of tea with ss milk and one sugar (hate sweeteners).

Started today off with big bowl of porridge with ss milk and honey (374 cals)

Yum - needed that!!!:D

Rest of yesterday had a turkey & cranberry sauce sandwich in granary bread, vege stir fry with noodles and hoi-sin sauce, wispa bar and an apple.

Total cals 2030.

Ran 3.5 miles this morning and am hungry!!!!

Note to self - wait until tomorrow!!

Looking forward to weekend :)

Weighed in this morning at 11/4. Quite please with that. Last Saturday 11/9. Hoping for a reliable 1.5lb loss each week now subject to fluid fluctuations.

Had 2 slices of homemade bread with peanut butter for breakfast. Yum!

This is my danger zone actually. Feel quite slim and comfortable in my own skin. Very easy to feel so pleased with myself that I reward myself with grub.

Thats why I'm hoping that this will work because 4 days a week I can! (In moderation).

I have found that because I feel pretty smug with myself after a down day that on the up (eating) days I'm making good choices - not wanting to spoil that smug feeling by eating total junk.

All good so far and feeling that its fitting in with my lifestyle very well. (Only 1 week in I know!)

Last edited:
Hi Tashy! Am very interested in what you're doing!!:D I'm in the same boat as you! Just trying to get a stone off but failing miserably every weekend:eek:. Shall be watching your progress!!

Good luck!

Hi Tashy! Am very interested in what you're doing!!:D I'm in the same boat as you! Just trying to get a stone off but failing miserably every weekend:eek:. Shall be watching your progress!!

Good luck!

Thats where I was. Sticking to plan reasonably well in the week but not even filling in my diary at the weekends (on WW) so decided to give this a go. Obviously will only work if I stick to overall calorie allowance - but so far so good!

I've tried every other diet going :p so might give this one a go:D. Shall see how you go but so far so good, eh?

I think i could do deprivation for one day at a time but not to the extent of CD Sole Source again (which i did for 10 weeks).

Am loving WW though but am struggling with it because of my social life unfortunately. I am able to maintain my current weight reasonably well. BUT REALLY REALLY WANNA BE 10stone 10:D and then just get on with my life knowing that it's maintenance and not weight loss:rolleyes: that i have to concentrate on. I'm so fed up dieting! (I know maintenance is no holiday either:cry:)

Shall be watching your progress;)

Same here - am able to maintain my current weight no probs at all. Just want to be lighter and then maintain in the same manner. At least we have shown ourselves that we CAN maintain!

You have done so well already :party0011:

I am finding one day at a time okay - if I get hungry or want to eat something then I just tell myself I can have it tomorrow and at the moment 2000 cals on an eating day seems very generous after trying to stick to 1300 per day.

Will keep posting my results!

Today have had homemade bread with peanut butter for breakfast, leek and potato soup for lunch, cheese toasted sandwich with wholemeal bread for tea and 2oz of almonds for a snack.

Total approx 1750 cals.

Might have some fruit later if I'm hungry.

Yesterday tea's to drink plus 1 apple. Total approx 200 cals.

Also trying to drink lots of water. Esp on down days (get thirsty anyway!)

Sounds like you're doing really well, Tashy. I like the idea of ADD but I really struggled with down days when I did it. I did lose weight consistently on it though. Will be watching your progress with interest.

Have you read the book? The science stuff is really interesting. My DH has asthma and excema and I'd like him to eat like this to see if it helps him.

Thankyou :)

No I havent read the book - I know there are some benefits but I am doing it simply because I feel it will fit into my lifestyle.

Another good day yesterday. Wholemeal toast with banana and peanut butter for breakfast, apple for a snack, homemade bread with honey for lunch, cheese toasty with onion relish for tea with another apple.

Very heavy on the bread I know but cal wise was 2050 (incl drinks).

So far am finding the DDays okay - am getting quite good at pleasure delaying! Often finding that when the next days comes I don't want it anyway!

Hi Tashy;)

How many cals are you eating on your DD? And what would your DD consist of, foodwise?

What day do you WI? (dying to know how you're doing!:D

Hi

My DD's are Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I'm trying to eat as little as possible and last week got by on cups of tea with milk and sugar and an apple each day :eek:

On the other days am aiming for 2000 cals per day. Am using weight loss resources to count the calories and am counting everything incl drinks that passes my lips!

Last week (Monday to Sunday) total was 9030 cals - average 1290 per day and I have to say I found it easier to stick to that than actually having 1300 per day every day.

I am weighing myself Sat morning AND Monday morning Sat to Sat I lost 3 lbs and the scales showed the same Monday to Monday so am very happy with that. (My stats show Monday to Saturday ie 5lbs!!)

Am hoping for 1.5lbs per week.

Hope this helps! :D

Well done on the weight loss:D but i dunno how you survive on so little food on the DD:eek: I think i'd collapse:eek:

Might give it a go for a few days but will be interested to see how you get on! Am sure you live for your UDs!!:p

Keep posting though! i'm always on Minis when i'm not at work!!;)

Well done on the weight loss:D but i dunno how you survive on so little food on the DD:eek: I think i'd collapse:eek:

Might give it a go for a few days but will be interested to see how you get on! Am sure you live for your UDs!!:p

Keep posting though! i'm always on Minis when i'm not at work!!;)

Will do!

Am going to bed early on DD's and if I start to get faint then I will tweak the cals up a bit on DD and down a bit on UD - nothing is worth being ill for (especially with kids to cope with!)

Thank you. I just get so hungry in the evenings when I've tried ADD and then I blow it from about 8pm till 11. I wish i could stick to it as I really like the idea of not having to restrict on the alternate days and, as I say, I lost well on it.

I'm going to give a dd a try today and see what happens. I've had 110 cals so far today and I have an alpen light bar (70 cals) for mid-afternoon and then I'm making a salad for tea. If I can stay out of the biscuit barrel (ok, and the fridge) this evening, I could bring today in at under 400 cals which would be a really good start.

Back