started today - anybody else new and wanting a buddy?

Hey there tinkerbell, welcome aboard,!!
Well weighed in Sun morn as planned and had lost 4lbs since wed!! was delighted, went out shopping with hubby and kids to buy a new corner suite, had a lovely dinner and even had a nice glass of wine with a naughty bar of choc and back on wagon full steam yest mornin, couldn't get in for my usual walk yest but when hubby had finished his jobs lastnite i done a quick 2mile walk over the road and felt great after it!!, Jus after a massive bowl of kiwi, apple, banana, grapes and a muller light on top, can't believe losing weight is this good!!!
Hope yer all having a great day
XxX

Hi everyone, some great weight losses so far. My 2nd weigh in is tomorrow so hoping for a bit more than my lb last week. Diet's great though and very easy to stick to, although find it hard to be organised for all the veg - just packed my lunch for tomorrow of chicken and potato from tonight's dinner but ate the veg so stuff like that is tricky.
how are you all getting on?

Haia :)
I had my second weigh in yesterday and I had lost 3lbs :D so that's 11lbs in 2 weeks
Going shopping tomorrow and had loads of veg going off in the fridge so I boiled everything in chicken stock, blended all of it and the added 2x tin of chopped tomatoes, tin of bean salad and baked beans and it's exactly like minestrone soup :)

Anwen, well done on your weight loss - amazing and your soup sounds like a good idea

Just had my third weigh in tonight and I've lost another 3lbs so that's a stone in 3 weeks :)
I'll be happy if I sustain next week tbh as something has to give.
But I'm going to try and do 10 minutes on the bike, cross trainer and rowing machine everyday as well as playing on the kinect. I live at the foot of the highest mountain in Wales and I've only walked up once so my goal is to get my fitness up so I can walk every possible path next summer

I restarted SW today. I haven't been for about 18months so it's going to take a bit of time to get into the swing of things I think. Last time my initial weight loss was really slow, so don't be discouraged if you're only losing 1lb a week - it's all in the right direction. After 4 weeks of 1lb a go I suddenly lost 4 in a week without changing anything dramatically - so hang in there!

Looking forward to having some buddies on here to keep me on the straight and narrow!

another 4 lb of this week really pleased with that thats 10 lb altogether so my diet seems to be working so far and im actually enjoying it! more than i thought i would. x

Hi :) how's everyone doing??

I've lost 18lbs so far and hoping for another stone before Christmas.

Is anyone else having an American themed party at group this week?? What's everyone bringing with them?? I'm going to make some smash chicken nuggets.

This thread has gone a bit quiet

How's everyone doing??

Hi Anwen, did you start the same time as me? And you've lost all that weight? AMAZING! I'm loving SW and I've lost 8lb so far but enjoying it all. What are the chicken nuggets with smash?

Hi all i rejoined slimming world this week after 4 years away from it really want to look at it more as a change of life this time rather than a diet i so want to look nice in the photos for my bestfriends wedding next year as i'm cheif bridesmaid its given me the kick up the rear i've needed for so long.

Carrie x

I'm restarting on Monday...Will be reading the handbook from start to finish over weekend, and doing up a menu for the week ahead..
Good luck everyone x

Welcome Sookie! Is this your first time with SW?

Planning ahead is the way forward - even having just a rough idea of what you'll be eating really helps especially if you want to be flexible with your syns.

I've been on SW just over a week now for the 2nd time, started last year but left to have a baby. I lost 11.5lbs in just under a month last time (found out I was pregnant in week 3!) and after my first week I'm picking up where I left off with about 2 stone left to lose. I'm hovering around 11st right now and need to get down to 9st to be in a decent healthy range.

You'll do great - just stick to plan, accept the bad days cos we all have them and just keep moving forward! What's your goal?

I'm around the same weight as you and my target is exactly the same as yours. I have tried most plans but have only briefly done SW. I don't know why I have a problem staying on it but I have been trying to decide to give it another go. Do you do the original Red and Green plan or the Extra Easy plan?

Good Luck!

Just picking up on the American theme in class - I didn't want to make anything savoury as all I could think about was burgers, fried chicken and fries or popcorn I had a mind blank :) ..... I had a look on a few sites and came up with the colour scheme of the flag red white and blue and made a cake with a difference - I cut 3 slices of water melon about 1 inch think and took the skin off (the red) , then I mixed 8oz of Quark with 8oz of 0% ff yogurt, a 1/3 of a cup of canderel and mixed for about 30 seconds with a hand mixer, then grated some lemon zest in for taste ( the white) for the blue I used blue and blackberries. Layered the melon with the white sauce then the blue berries, layered the next with the sauce and the blackberries , then layered the top with the sauce some raspberries and a sprig of mint. Placed it all on a lovely black plate with the remaining berries and mint around the base ....... It went down a storm I was pleased to say

Back