Started today...failure is not an option!!

Feel so positive! I just can't fail this time! Been weak for too long! I want my life back!! Keep going, bet we'll feel better tomorrow!!xx

Day 3!!
Can't believe how quick the last three days have gone! Or that I'm still doing it 100% and still feeling positive about it.
My headaches finally going, and starting to feel good, maybe the start of ketosis?

I can't believe all the mini epiphanies I'm having about myself and my relationship with food. I'm starting to think that in recent months I wasn't even comfort eating like I thought, but was just eating out of the habit of comfort eating. I was bored/sad/angry and I ate food, but not because it comforted me, just because I was used to ringing a takeaway in those times.
This probably doesn't make sense but I'm having trouble putting it in to words!
I just expected this to be a lot harder than it is, but although I physically want food, I'm not mentally craving it, and that for me is the biggest surprise of all.
I just love the feeling of control over my eating I have at the moment, I could choose to get a curry, but I'm making the conscious decision to stick to this. That feels ace.
Hope everyone is having a good night, sending out as many positive waves as possible to you all.
Failure is not an option!!
Xx

Day four, in ketosis!! Yay! How hard is weeing in those tiny stick things! I missed twice! Got it right 3rd wee!!
Still have a headache! But don't feel hungry. Such a busy day at work, the kids were mental, it's the weather!!
Loving this diet, scared my positivity will go in the end though! Surely the weightloss will keep me going! Xx

Well, day 5 (yesterday) was my hardest challenge yet! Went to my friends for a fireworks party, loads of gorgeous food which I would normally devour!
Nope, sat there with my water! Just kept thinking, this is for a few months and then I'll be slim forever, and next time I'll be able to have some of the food, whilst sitting in my size ten jeans!
It feels so strange actually doing well for once! I haven't weighed myself, I don't want to know! I'll wait to Wednesday. I hope I do well!! Right, busy day with my gorgeous daughter,
Xxx

Hi hunni

Just had a read through the last 5 days!

Lmao about eating a loaf of warburtons - its like were the same person.

I daren't try and pee on those sticks, wee'd on my hand enough trying to fill pots when i was pregnant so iv got no chance hitting the target!

Well done for being so positive hun, it o ly gets better!

To me it's as black and White as breathing now - we will be thin this time!

Good luck, speak soon xx

Thanks Lauren! Your post was lovely! And I've just read your diary, you're doing so well! Im finding it easy at the moment to stay positive, to be honest I am loving the whole thing! So nice to be in control again and actually doing something about my health!
Xx

Hi pink. Just read your diary and you are so upbeat - it's great. Think you will have a great loss come Wednesday. Fingers crossed and bread bin closed. :) xx

Thank you! lovely message! You're doing so well too, it's reading everyones threads that keeps me so upbeat!

Right, day 7! can't believe I've made it this far! So many challenges! Just made a roast chicken dinner for everyone, taking that chicken apart was my hardest challenge yet! Not one bit of it went in my mouth!!
Feeling bit hungry today and light headed, but getting through it, lots of water. Can't wait for weigh in on Wednesday. Will be weird not celebrating with a takeaway or a loaf of bread!
Don't feel different yet, but my jacket fits better today I noticed, could actually breathe whilst walking the dog which was a novelty!!
Looking forward to day 8xx

Hi Pink 7,

I am in a similar situ to you and I just spotted your thread after I posted my own!

I am starting Cambridge tomorrow and I need some serious motivation to get me started!

I always get to lunch time and then tell myself I will do better to stick to a diet where I can eat, like slimming world, but then I overeat!

I like that the shakes keep me in control and prevent me from stuffing my face, because of course, you can't.

It would be great to chat!!

Sam (curvygirly)

Thanks felix! The roast was difficult!!

Hi curvy girl! I was like that before I started this, I can never stick to anything! Everyone expected me to fail this ( they were nice about it- oh don't get upset if you can't do it etc ) but I can do it and I am. It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but I don't hate it or see it as a positive thing, I see it as my life changing regime that won't last forever, but it's results will.
I just keep thinking, I've had enough takeaways etc to make up for the next few months without them!
You can do it too, it's all about choices, and one day at a time. Good luck!!!xx

So busy yesterday, only got a chance to read a couple of threads.
So day 8 was fine, in to the routine of this now. Made the girls (daughter and sister who lives with me) pie mash and veg, looked lovely but I know it's not for me so i don't even think about it.
Really wanted the porridge last night instead of soup so going to but extra of that on Wednesday. Weigh in day, so nervous! But others who started the same day as me have done so well so we'll see!!
My sister had a peanut butter sandwich last night, clearly forgetting they were banned in my presence! Ooh that was hard, but I sat whilst she ate it and was fine!! How strong!!
Day 9 today, up early and ready to go!!!xx

It is hard sitting while someone eats something that smells tasty, so well done with the peanut butter sandwich! I do not have to cook for anyone else - I'm not sure how I would cope with the pie and mash.

i cant wait to see your results, my lovely...i bet you have had a good result x

Well, day ten today!
Can't believe I've come this far. Had a negative day today, kept thinking I wouldn't have lost anything and if i didn't I'd have a Chinese, etc. Was just nervous I think. Anyway, lost 11lbs! Can't believe it! So chuffed! My CDC thinks it will take me about 6 months to get to goal. Can't stand the thought of no food for that long!! We'll see, just taking it day by day.
I'm not even craving bad foods, just normal dinners! But I'm sticking to SS for as long as I can. Had a bar tonight, gross!!will try another flavour next week!
Off to bed, 11lbs lighter!! Whoooo hoooo indeed!!!xx

11lbs!!!!!

U clever soon to be skinny girl!! Xxxx

Back