Started today

Good morning - as there seem to be a few new people here I decided to join. Started Atkins (after reading jim's induction list) last week and have lost 2 kgs despite going completely off for a day. So I'm pleased with the result so far. Must try some of the recipes once I finish a few weeks doing things strictly - with fresh meat and greens. What can you have fresh cream with?

Last edited:
Jim are pepperamis and cheese strings classed as processed food? And is bacon OK if you get the fresh stuff from the butchers and not the packaged bacon from the supermarket?

Hi Trish, welcome and tat's a good start there.

Yes Caz they are processed foods, Bacon is bacon and is always processed love, however you can get bacon that hasn't been treated with salt, but it's very expensive.

Thanks Jim - will be back tomorrow. Am I able to change the info at the bottom of the post? I've forgotten how ....

You need to go into User CP Trish, it's all inthere somewhere.

Ah ok - thanks it's starting to come back now.

User CP... then edit signature. x

Hi guys and thanks for the advice. I must admit to reading some of the other threads on Atkins and saw how much else there is to do besides induction - jelly, cream and other goodies like pork scratchings and bacardi. So I've stuck to 20 g of carbs a day with 3 cups of lettuce and greens and have lost 3 kgs. I'm delighted with this as that's a total of 5 kgs off in 2 weeks while eating stuff I like.

It has been interesting to see your journey Jim: I didn't realise that Atkins could be for life - interesting. I've ordered the book to see more about the science but wonder why induction has to be like that for at least 2 weeks? Can you enlighten me please?

Talk soon x

Induction is meant to kick start your Atkins. You clear out the carb overload from your system and start the fat burning process. Two weeks is all it should take, really, to get rid of those strong cravings for high carbohydrate foods. At first you lose a lot of water that was stored in your tissues, but you also lose fat. When Induction is completed you continue to lose fat whilst slowly adding back small amounts of different food groups, very gradually increasing your carb intake until you find a level that allows you to eat a broader range of foods whilst still losing weight.

This is a fantastic way to eat and live. Good luck to all!

Hi Trish, welcome.
Well done Linz hun, thats a great loss. Im stalling again. Cant work out why either as still in ketosis

Wow, Trish, well done!

Did first weigh in this morning and was happy with the result. Lost about 5 pounds and a couple of centimetres here and there.
But I always lose this amount in the first week on any diet and then is slows down about 1/2 pound a week...which is not enough when you're hungry and craving foods all the time!!
Luckily, I've had no cravings at all so I can't wait to see what the scales look like next Sunday!

That for me was the winner with Atkins love, not having to starve myself or feel I have to do without.

Hi every1, I started today too, been on lipotrim, lost a few pounds but had no energy to exercise. I have done Atkins + Exercise before with very good results!...am back to the gym and my day1 on Atkins...cant wait to have all the lovely food again! yumyum!

Hi SS and welcome, I'm looking forward to you being a loser.

Thanks guys, yes! we are all losers!...had abit of headache yesterday but all gone, am soo happy becouse I kno what that means! LOL, it means, everyday my weight +Fat content is going DOWN! without a aproblem...The headache meant I was just getting to Ketosis...I drink upto 3 ltrs of water a day, this is very important everyone. Also before I go to bed I have 2 glasses of hot water, in the morning I go to the toilet easy and feel less bloated!...

Good luck everyone

Back