Started today.....

sean24776

Hi All,

My name is Sean, I started the exante diet today to hopefully lose some excess weight, I used to weigh around 13 - 13 and half stone until I gave up smoking about 10 years ago - My weight ballooned quite a bit after that and I reckon I weigh in excess of 18 stone now possibly even 19 ( I'm waiting for scales to turn up ) I have always played Rugby and quite a bit of football but recently have not been playing plus have been out of work so I seem to have put quite a bit if weight on, I was also drinking quite a bit which obviously does not help, I do have quite good will power but was looking for some advice on how to stick to the diet and how you decide what goals to set yourselves and so on.

I am really disappointed in myself I was always fit but now can hardly run 100 yards without feeling like I'm going to pass out, I'm determined to make this diet work and hopefully by writing a few bits on here it may help. It's a bit hard to discuss diets and stuff with a load of beer swilling rugby players lol.

Once I know my weight I will post it on here, once its down in black and white I wont be able to keep kidding myself if that makes sense....

Sorry for rambling on :)

Sean

Hey Sean, welcome to minis and the exante crew!! You'll get amazing support on here, everyone is lovely.

Advice on how to stick to the diet....Just take it one day at a time, drink plenty of water, keep your mind occupied, dont scale-hop, and stay focused on where you want to be (I have a certain dress size I want to be and so have an outfit hanging up in that size to try and keep me motivated)

I hope that helps a little.
Good luck with your weight loss.

Hi and welcome.

We're all a really friendly bunch here, full of support and encouragement when needed.
Willpower really is the key with this diet, when things get tough just remember why you started this diet in the first place.

Thanks for the kind welcomes, I coach a boys under 14's rugby team also so hopefully by the time we start training again I will be able to participate without blowing out me backside.........

Hi Sean, good luck with day 1 :) I'm on day 3 after falling off the wagon last week. No tips from me I'm afraid as my willpower is rubbish lol but for now the only goal I have is to stay 100% today!

Good luck Sean you can do it, ur get all the help and tips from everyone on here and tbh being male your prob lose it very quickly as well, ur notice that 100 yard run will not be that difficult to do, I couldn't run and I used to be very fit. So I go out jogging at 6am so no one see's me lol and in only a few weeks I can jog 2 miles without stopping, so concentrating on getting faster. May not be a marathon but I'm slowly getting better and feeling great for doing it. Stick in there, ur have a massive weight loss this week if you stick to the plan. Linz

Back