Starting again. 7 weeks until Christmas!!!

Hello ladies. I am trying with the ol' veggies> i do a mean curried stew. Curry powder cunningly disguises the colour and taste of the veg ...my theory anyway. I tend to use the stew as my staple go to lunch for work or when i want something quick and warm. I always have a few tubs in the freezer. Ang, I am impressed with someone who can not only bake but can bake AND leave it alone. Amazeballs!!
Hi Debs, more the merrier!
I am off out tonight and my weeklies are going to have an outing, and I don't usually use them at all (or very few to be honest) so it will be interesting to see what happens next week. I am finding it quite easy to stay off my beloved Strongbow by drinking Tesco own 2% lager (£1 for 4) with diet lemonade. My bad I know but I work long hours (12 omg) and I do like a drink when i get home and i refuse to feel bad, well maybe a bit lol. But tonight...well tonights the night. Apple stocks are going to have a hammering, I am determined. You might notice a few of my posts /threads have an alcoholic theme..... In work all weekend so i may or may not get on here but hope you all have a good weekend. Becca, enjoy Sunday and just undo the damage afterwards. Thats what a new day is for Hon.

Me again, on the 9lbs I am pleased but I have noticed that some ladies with very similar stats can lose 3,4,5,6,lbs a week:eek: Well jel. So i know I might seem a little "petulant" about it but compared to effort put in I really thought I would be seeing maybe 2lbs a week (think I lost 4 or 5 first week) I wasn't really on here properly then so can't quite remember. Anyway its off and its not rearing its ugly flabby head again .... thats what matters:banana dancer:

Thanks for the welcome lady's.

Ang I'm also doing the old discover plan.

Sue 9lbs that great going, I can't wait to be 9 pounds lighter, well done.

Hello, Becca, Sue, Ang and Deb, hope you don't mind if I join in too! :) It has been very comforting to read your posts and realise I am not the only one going through the daily struggle with food. My name is Kim and I decided a few weeks ago that i really must get my act together and stop the weight from creeping on but ive wasted the last few weeks because I've virtually been trying a new diet daily and have been unable to stick to anything, I just don't seem to be able to resist temptation in the afternoon and evening. I was successful on weight watchers before and really want to try to stick to something for more than just a few days! I've never been able to afford to join a group but I've got all the books and calculator and also an app on my phone, but I really think I need some support from other people in the same situation and would love to be able to support each other through out weightloss. I'm going to weigh on a Monday morning.

Kim

Mornin' everyone and a big welcome to Kim.
:welcome:
I think we've all been down that road, Kim, trying a different diet everyday knowing deep down that we need to do something that's not half hearted if we're going to shift the pounds.

I've been on the diet trail for years and found WW Discovery works for me as long as I'm honest with myself. It's sooo easy to "forget " to log that bar of chocolate eaten in the car isn't it? Becca is a good friend to have on here. I've posted on a couple of threads with her and she is an inspiration.
I've only met Sue and Debs on this thread but they too are serious about this losing weight thingy and are becoming a great support too. So stick with us kiddo and we'll do it together. Don't think any of us are going to a group at the moment so your in good hands

Hope you had a good night out last night Sue and are not too hung over this morning.
:9529: I know what you mean about veg curry not tasting or looking like veg but I must admit I love veg, all types so I suppose I'm lucky in that way.

Hope both Becca and Debs are ok and behaving. Have you got over your massive spending spree at the DIY Becca and did your first trip out on your own go ok?

I stuck to my points yesterday so that's 3 days of perfection.
I'm trying not to jump on the scales every day even though they taunt me with " come on fatty" every time I pass them>
:Na_Na_Na_Na:I'll show them on Wednesday......hopefully

Luv Ang x

Last edited:
Morning ladies

Welcome Kim :), its lovely to have you join us. Am sure together we're all going to get there this time :). I'm not going to class either so we'll nudge each other along ;)

Ange, I know exactly what you mean about logging on here every day helping. When I try to go alone I just don't stick to things very well at all, but knowing I'm sharing my losses ( hopefully not gains ) with others and talking about my feelings with people that understand really helps me stay on track. :).

Deb, how are you doing today?

Sue, how was the night out?

One thing I've noticed ladies and mentioned to Ange yesterday is that for those of us doing old points some of the values of the old WW food have changed so its wort checking things again if you have a calculator.

I'm going to have to get a notepad I think to keep track of where we all are and what's happening, I'm posting on m iPad lately and I can't see previous posts once I've hit reply so apologies if I forget things. Last time I was on here I kept a running total of how everyone was doing and posted it each week so think I am do that again.

Shall we get to know each other a little more? ( don't feel you have to) but this is me:

Rebecca groves
32 years old
Been a life time yo yo dieter after being the 'fat kid' in school and being bullied for it
Following discovery points, 20 points a day
5 ft 6"
Size ( a tight 14), desperately want to fit back into my size 12 wardrobe comfortably
Started at 11 stone 8lb, want to loose 1 stone 8 lbs if I can
Can't say no to ......... Chocolate fudge cake ( thank goodness I can't bake as well as you Ange)
Work as a Commerce administrator / Quality coordinator for an apprenticeship organisation
Happily married for 18 months
No children but a Lhasa apso who is my baby :)
Love ballroom and Latin dancing, been dancing on and off since I was a child
Live in Hereford
Fav place in the UK ...... Looe in Cornwall
Ultimate goal to jus feel happy with myself and not to feel my backside expand like a rubber ring when I sit on it!!!!!

Well, I won't bore you anymore lovelies, hope you all have fantastic weekends.

Xx

Ps. Thanks for the advice about tomorrow girls, if chocolate fudge cake is not on the menu I'm safe, if it is ....................... Needs must, I'll just have a tiny lunch and save points from today

H Ange, we posted at the same time :). Jumping on here is the first thing I do every day.

Thank you for your kind words - hugs.

My outing yesterday went ok but was sore inside for the Rest of the day. Had a break through last night though, I woke up the morning and I was actually lying on my side - woo hoo, haven't been able to do that since surgery, sooooooooo much more comfortable than sleeping on your back all night.

Today is a short trip to town with my parents, dad is going to drop me and mum off and we literally have to go to Marks ( however Monsoon is opposite :)) and mum has to get dollars as they're off to the USA this week. So just a short trip but its out.

Well done on your 3 perfect days, it feel so good doesn't it and so much easier as time goes on. I feel I've had a good week and did give in to the scales this morning which show promising signs, but until I've been out tomorrow I'll reserve judgement.

Hope you have a good Saturday xxx

Hi ladies, thank you for your warm welcome.

Hope your tummy is feeling a little less sore each day Becca, you've been through an awful lot and really must take care of yourself, wonderful to hear your hubby is taking care of you so well. Hope you have a lovely day and meal out tomorrow x

Hope you have managed another 100% ww day today Ang, you are doing really well and giving me the encouragement I really needed, thank you. You must remember how well you did before 6 stone is incredible what an inspiration!

Hope you are having a lovely weekend Sue and Deb and sticking to the plan, congratulatins on your weight loss Sue and hope your Monday weigh in goes well Deb, let us know x

It is tough cutting back when I have slipped into indulging more than I should, I tend to be really good and then suddenly give in and have a secret binge! Which must be so bad for my health, I feel so much better when I am following a diet and feel in control, but food particularly sugar seems to have such a power over me.

What plans do you all have for Christmas? Do you have any particular event you want to lose weight for? I will be spending Christmas lunch with my family (me, husband, our two girls aged 3 and 7, my mum and dad, my two sisters, their husbands and my niece and nephew) I feel so lucky that we all live close together. We go to my husbands family in the evening and usually all meet up at his grandparents house with all his uncle and aunties. It's always a busy but wonderful day.

I don't really have any other Christmas dos to go to because my husbands work don't invite partners and I'm currently an at home mum so don't have my own work do! Perhaps I should!

When I lost my weight on ww before it was following the old plan, I have since been following pro points which I have also enjoyed, I can't decide which plan to follow this time, I automatically planned to do the pro points but seeing that Becca, Ang and Deb are all doing the discovery plan I'm not sure which to do? Going to dig out the old books tomorrow, can't even remember how many points I had on that! Have you stuck with that because you know it works or prefer it, or had better losses? I think I haven't stuck to the pro points because my mind hasn't been in it but also because of my binging sometimes the weeklys are not a good thing for me! Would love to know which you think I should do?

Lovely to read all about you Becca, do you have brothers or sisters that live close to you? Lovely that you live close to your parents. I'm 30, married to a lovely man called Jon, we have have two girls called Bailey who is seven and Imogen who is three, I'm a foot health practioner (Non surgical,chiropodist)although not currently working because I decided that I really wanted to be at home while my girls are little, planning to return to work next October when Imogen starts school full time. I am very close to my family particularly my mum and sisters. Have a love of horseriding, and although not naturally sporty I do enjoy keeping fit.

Thanks for your support xxx

Mornin' ladies,

Hope you are all well. The weather's lovely but chilly up here today so going for a round of golf with my hubby later. Need to do some exercise as given up on the gym
:whacky068:

I'ts great to have you join us Kim and your story sounds like mine. Good for days, sometimes weeks and the go off the rails big time. If I was you I'd do whichever plan you feel most comfortable with. I am doing Discovery because it's the only one of WW I've done and frightened of trying the Propoints one incase I go horribly wrong with it. I think Becca's always done Discovery too.

As for Chrismas we have my sister, my 89yr old father in law and my youngest son (who comes up from London) for dinner then my eldest son and grand daughter Laura come later on. My daughter lives in Kent,over 300 miles away from us so we go to her in January and have another Xmas with her and her family.

:xmastree:It must be lovely for you having your family close by.

Hope your day goes well, Becca and the weather is good for you and your Dad. You must feel so proud to see him marching in the parade. Enjoy your chocolate fudge cake and DON'T feel guilty. You can pull in a few points each day over the week if need be.

I remember that feeling when you wake up and realise that you are on your side after trying to sleep on your back for weeks. Hope you've found something to wear for today without feeling uncomfortable.

Well, here's my story....
I think I'm the eldest on here at....wait for it....60 !!!
I have been overweight since about age 10 and have twice got to goal with WW and swore not to put the weight back on !!
I am only 4ft 11in so need to keep my weight off or I look as wide as tall

I have a wonderful hubby, Bill and been married for 43yrs
I have 3 children, Ian who is divorced and has a daughter Laura(13) and 2 step children Olivia (18 next month) and Melissa (13)
My Daughter Debbie is married to Chris and has 3 children Kane (8) and Rosie and Jamie (twins aged 7)
Kane is Autistic and Jamie is totally blind so Deb has her work cut out.
Lee is my youngest son and is single living the good life in London.
I am a retired nursing sister. I took early retirement 8 yrs ago due to ill health but am fine now.
Both me and Bill are golf nuts and I have been on the committee at the golf club for 4 yrs
My favourite place in UK is a little village in Scotland called Aberfeldy. We go there for 2 weeks every September to chill
My aim in life is to stay healthy and keep the damned weight off

I'm sure we'll find more out about each other as we go along as we seem a friendly bunch.

Be good
Luv Ang x

Hi everyone, well hangover wasn't too bad so i must have been quite good. Becca how did today go? Plans for Xmas for me include a regular week in work so I must say i probably find it easier than most to stay on track so evry cloud has a silver lining. Hope everyone is resisting temptation , except Becs of course who has a "Hall Pass". Will post tomorrow when hopefully I have a bit more time. Seen you all soon:wavey:

Glad to hear you survived the hangover Sue, did you have a good night? Where do you work? Is it shifts?

Looking forward to hear how your day was Becca, hope you and your parents had a lovely day and meal.

Great to hear about you and your family Ang, it's great to have an interest like golf and lovely to find a way of burning calories that you enjoy. How often to you get to see your daughter in Kent and son in London? Must be lovely to know that you will get to see them over Christmas and new year. It's nice to have another family event to look forward to after Christmas is over. Must be lovely to have your other granddaughter living so close to you, and getting to bake together each week must be lovely.

I have decided to do the old system as I've forgotten most of it and so it feels like I'm doing a new diet again and that usually gives me a bit of a boost as it feels like a new challenge. I can't find my book but have found the calculator and minimins is so useful, just to check are potatoes 1 pt for each 100g and is chicken 0.5 for each 30g? I am on 19 points but that felt fine today, but I have already bought this weeks shopping so I'm hoping the meals I have planned will not work out too high in points.

Hope everyone has a good start to the new week, hope you will be feeling better this week Becca and your clothes deliveries are a success

Kim x

Morning ladies

Am rushing this morning as hubby is dropping me off at mums before work to help her pack for her hols.

Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten you :). Will catch up when I get home this evening.

Have a good day and be strong my shrinking friends :) xxx

Evening ladies,

Hope you are all well and being good. Hope you haven't done too much at your mums today Becca, it's so easy to think you are back to full health when it's your mind playing tricks on you.

Glad your hangover wasn't too bad Sue, have you managed to get back on the straight and narrow?

Kim, just do the best you can with the ingredients you have.
Potatoes are 1pt for 100gm as long as they're boied of baked not roasted or fried.
Roast Chicken is 0.5 pts for 30gm
Chicken drumstick with skin is 1.5gm is 1.5 pts
Chicken breast skinless uncooked 165gm is 2.5 pts
If you want to know any other values just shout

I've had a funny day food wise. Had my muesli and yougurt for breakfast and then took my sister Xmas shopping at the Trafford Centre in Manchester. She had a massive baguette with cheese and chutney for luinch and I knew that all of the baguttes in the cafe would be really high in pts so I had a fruit salad !!
I'm back home and starving so I've got BNS chips and Lemon sole in the oven(smelling delish) and peas on the hob. Can't wait so had 2 pink and whites whist I'm waiting !!! Will have enough points left for supper hopefully.

Speak tomorrow ladies, enjoy your evening

Luv Ang x

Hi ladies

Pleeeeeeeease forgive for another rushed post. Ange, I have overdone if Hun and am off straight to bed. Really very very sore now and uncomfortable, darn post op recovery !!!!!!!!

Hope you are all doing ok and being strong. I promise I'll catch up with you all in the morning.

Lots o love xxx

Good morning lovelies

I am so sorry for the rushed posts yesterday. I really wasn't feeling good last night, my belly had really swollen and I thought it was going to pop and my skin split!!!!

Anyway, after a very good nights sleep and feeling a little brighter and back on the ball.

How is everyone? Ange, well done you on having a fruit salad while someone sat there in front of you with a scummy baguette. You are so strong, I need to take a leaf out of your book. I really struggle in situations like that.

Sue, deb, how are you getting on?

Kim how are you? I can relate to the cutting back then blowing it all by binging, weekends are my worst. I would say I'm a bigger as such but come a Saturday I'll pick ALL day then usually have a curry and bottle of wine at night! Not good when trying to lose weight. Your Christmas plans sounds lovely, as do Anges who gets two have 2 christmas's :). I am an only child as is my husband so things are quite small for us. December is such a 'foody' month though isn't it, we have a meal out with friends on the 13th, a family meal on the 16th, a birthday tea in Swindon for another family member on the 23 rd, then Christmas Day we're ( me, hubby, my parents, hubbies mum) going to a restaurant for lunch, then Boxing Day is usually a buffet at ours!!! It's going to be sooooooooo difficult to keep sensible!! I'm actually dreading it now.

Well, I have lost 2.25 lbs this week which I am really pleased with, especially as there was chocolate fudge cake on the menu on Sunday so of course I just had to have it :). I haven't got any meals out or triggers now though for 4 weeks so am going to give this plan my all. It's difficult as I can't really exercise at the mo, but I'll hopefully be back in work 2 weeks today so will be moving around a bit more.

Hope you all have a good day and good luck for this weeks weigh ins :) xxxxxx

Afternoon Ladies,

Wow Becca, well done on your 2.25lb loss. You've done really well.
:0clapper:Hope you're glad you had the choc fudge cake now with no repercussions.
Are you feeling better today? I thought that you might have been doing too much too soon.
:character00264:It might be 8 years since I retired but my nursing head still kicks in now and again.

December is always a bit of a bugger food wise I know. I too have got quite a few meals out and dinners at the golf club. My son is up from London at the end of November to do some Xmas shopping for relatives and friends who live "up north". It saves him having to carry all sorts home at Xmas but he always wants to eat lunch out whilst we're shopping and dinner out later with his Dad and me.
:eating:It's not just the food but the alcohol as well !!!
:party0027:
Kim, Sue and Debs, I hope you are all ok and keeping the faith !!
:grouphugg:

Well I should've been in a golf comp today but my partner cancelled as she was ill so I've spent the day writing Xmas cards. I had to do something to keep my mind off food as I had a sneaky jump on the scales this morning and I was still the same as last Wednesday.
:flamingmad: Felt like binging after being soo good all week and when I found out my golf was cancelled my first thought was ....FOOD. Well I've been good so I hope I at least have a small loss tomorrow morning.

Hope you all let us know how you are doing,

Speak tomorrow
Luv Ang x

Hi ladies

Ange, you're my own personal nursing advisor :). I am feeling better thank you, have sat on my backside all day and feel ok, it's amazing though what just a short trip out can do. I have my post op follow up tomorrow so hopefully all will be ok.

Oh yes, of course the alcohol that goes with all the meals out doesn't help.

Debs, sue,Kim hope you're all doing ok.

Well done Ange on writing your cards, I've been thinking about doing mine but it hasn't past the thought stage yet. Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow, don't forget weight can fluctuate so by tomorrow morning you may well be showing a lovely loss :).

I think sometimes for yo yo dieters ( of which I am very guilty) that I the first few weeks of dieting you don't always lose because your body is adjusting and waiting to see if another binge is waiting around the corner. This time thou ladies if we're strong the only thing that will happen is lots of losses and smiley faces :).

Xxxxxx

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for clarifying the points for me Ang, that was a huge help. You did so well to resist the baguette and stick to the healthy option and Im so so pleased that you didn't give in today, you should be so proud of yourself whatever the scales say tomorrow. Like Beccas says our body's are funny things and although you had stayed the same today, whether it is tomorrow or the next day it WILL definitely come off eventually,you know and we know you can do it.

I dread weighing myself as my mind does funny things,sometimes if I see a loss I get a real encouragement to carry on but sometimes it makes me feel like I can relax more and slip abit. Then if I don't lose, I usually feel really down and struggle to keep going but sometimes it makes me more determined!

So glad to hear you are feeling a little better today Becca, and so pleased for you with your loss, well done I bet that has given you a real boast-keep up the good work.hope the post op follow up goes well tomorrow. I know it might be hard to not to be moving about more (I'm terrible for this myself) but you mustnt over do it and risk taking a step backwards.

I think our up coming events are going to be a test for all of us, I have told myself just to be a good as possible and if I do slip up I'm just going to get right back to it. I will not give up on myself!

I cant remember the last time I went out for a meal, and as always seems to happen when I start a new diet -this Friday my mum is taking my sisters and I out for dinner, im REALLY looking forward to it,but it's going to be tough food wise. I'm just going to do the best I can with what is on the menu and hope that if I am good on Saturday and Sunday then it won't affect my Monday weigh in!!! I hope !! Have been going for a run on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays so hope that that will even out the extra calories.

Hope your weigh in goes well tomorrow Ang and hope the post op goes well for you Becca, speak soon Kim x

Morning ladies,

Well whoop-e-de-do. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Ive lost half a pound !! The only thing I can say is that if I hadn't been good this week I would probably have put weight on. It's soooo unfair isn't it. I went to my daughter's a few weeks ago and ate for England, dreaded getting on the scales when I got home and I'd stayed the same !!! Just don't understand it.

Rave over !! Going to the golf club today as the committee have organised a charity day for the Lady Captains Charity. All I can say is thank goodness we aren't having a cake stall this time or I'd probably succumb. At least I'll be kept busy for most of the day.

Hope your post op assessment goes well Becca.

I know what you mean about your mind playing tricks when you get weighed Kim. I remember discussing this at a group meeting years ago and we all were the same.

Well must go and put my glad rags on now and help set up the tombola stall

Speak later

Luv Ang x

Hi all, hope I can join to?

I'm Sarah, 37 , 5'4 and started (this time) at 12st.

I started ww 3yrs ago weighing 21 stone and 7lbs, went through a divorce and lost 2 stone. Lost the next 4 stone on ww discovery. Did dukan for a year so I'd be a size 12 for my wedding day :) then went in honeymoon and put on 1 and a half stone lol ! Was a wonderful honeymoon though!!! So now I'm back to get down to a healthy weight I can stick to .

I'm doing the propoints plan and have lost 8.5lbs in two weeks. :)

I work as a NVQ assessor and trainer and am a mum to 3. Happily married to a lovely man for 3 months.

My fav place I'm the uk has to be lynmouth in Devon. Due to the fact that when I was seventeen stone I walked the hills around there with my other half, thought I would die but did it! Not called little Switzerland for nothing!

My weakness is having to try new things. Was out on a hen do on sat and was doing well until the little Moroccan desserts came out .. Well I had to try them!

I weigh in on Thursdays.

Well done on your weight loss so far ladies.

Sarah x

Back