Starting again. 7 weeks until Christmas!!!

AMAZING Nikki

Go you :) xxx

Wow Nikki! 2.5 is amazing well done you, you must be soooo pleased, enjoy the chips and then get back on track tomorrow, it's working x

well done for doing all that shopping Becca, I bet you were tired when you got home? Good job you had a little helper-that's what they are there for. Did you get any nice Christmas treats? What sort of food to you get in for your family on Boxing Day? Because we do a lot of visiting I don't have to get much in the house, I stick to a menu plan and hope we don't get given too much chocolate. What is the restaurant like that you are going to for Christmas lunch? Have you been there before? How many courses are there?

Glad you enjoyed your evening out Ang, you did so well with your choices well done you, have a wonderful weekend with your son. What have you baked today with Laura? I'm still thinking about last weeks Nutella cake and wishing I could have had some.

i had mum over for dinner and managed to avoid the cheese soufflé and the apple and blackberry pie I made,I couldn't work out the points forthem so i just had bacon and veg and then blackberries and stewed apple for pud, oh the will power that was needed not to give in and just eat it!!

im a worrier too Becca, i seem to be able to worry about the silliest things, this summer I really wanted to lose weight before we went on our holiday abroad but just couldn't get my head into the diet,I'm really in the zone at the moment and now I'm worrying that Christmas will give me the taste for indulging again and I won't be able to get back on track afterwards, talking on here is really helping me and hopefully we will be able to encourage each other after Christmas to get back on track x

Last edited:
Hi Kim and lovely ladies

Well done on avoiding all those nicies you made, that's motivation for you :). It feels so good when you're geared up to stick to something doesn't it, I think you definitely get better results. I am reasonably motivated but still think I could do with a bit of a kick up the bum. Christmas is my first goal, but then we're going to Tenerife in may so that will be my next target. I soooooooo want to be able to wear a bikini or a pair of shorts and not worry about how huge I must look.

I ended up buying some prosecco to go with the salmon and cream cheese muffins that are a must on Christmas morning, I bought some cheesy nibbles too. And several bottles of wine, oh, we've also got a piece of boiling ham to freeze, chicken nuggets, sausage rolls, a cheese board, pickles, crisps, salmon parcels, mini quiche then I'll get fresh bits for a salad nearer the time. It's just a finger buffet really. Something that won't lay too heavy on the tummy after all the festivities the day before. The restaurant we're going to Christmas Day is nice, not my personal favourite but my folks really like it, and its a carvery which will suit my hubby and dad down to the ground :). I just love the atmosphere when you go out, you see all different families dressed in their finery and all excited :). I'm looking forward to it more than I thought :).

How many parties/meals have you allot planned for the next few weeks?

Ooooooo, feeling christmassy now ;) xxx

Ps my lovely friends

If you watched Miranda and enjoyed it, you must check out her book 'is it me'. Am reading it and laughing out loud. It's written as she speaks on the tv series :) xx

Hi all been abit absent this week....work, life, crap....you all know how it is i'm sure. Anyway you have all been busy I can see. nikki WOW well done. I am due to weigh in tomorrow morning but despite being good for past two weeks I am not confident, does anyone else on here think that your general mood has an impact on weight loss? My apologies for being slow with my posting but I am off work next week and will actually have a bit of time to read posts properly and maybe even retain some of the info on here. I will try harder I promise. Becca, love all things Miranda...such fun! I have the book on my kindle and loved that too. Does anyone watch/watched Stella. Written and starring Ruth Jones/Nessa off Gavin and Stacey. Very Welsh sort of humour but great. I will hopefully at least get to post my wi results tomorrow, hope you are all chillin' this evening and taking care of yourselves xx

Thank you everyone! I have the points left today for the chips but after half I'm stuffed! Becca I bet your shopping trip felt great! I love Christmas! Too excited. I'm at a funeral tomorrow so I will write tomorrow evening :) xxx

Oh I love Miranda too!! The other day Bailey (shes 7) said "bear with, bear with" Jon and I just couldn't stop laughing! The salmon muffins sound really lovely Becca are they hard to make? Can you make them before the morning ready to eat or do you have to make them fresh? It Will be nice to have Tenerife to look forward to and as an incentive to be good, diet wise, i think I will have to find a new goal after Christmas to give me an incentive to carry on.

Hope the weigh in goes well Sue, really hope you will have a nice loss and that will give you a pick up, sorry to hear you have been having a tough week, it will be lovely to have next week off I bet you need a nice break, do you have any plans? Anything similar to Gavin and Stacey will make me giggle, I loved that show, I'll have a look for Stella.

Will be thinking of you and your family at the funeral tomorrow Nikki x

did your dad agree to give you the new car early? Hope so

Well my dads still on the whole 'we'll look at the car you have' thing but my boyfriends a mechanic and says it'll need a new clutch and gearbox which will be £850+ so it doesn't really seem worth it for just a few weeks! I love Gavin and Stacey so much! Gavins family remind me of my best friends family who are really funny to just watch go about their day! Thank you for your thoughts they are much appreciated! Xxx

Morning lovelies

How is everyone today?

Thinking of you today Nikki xx good luck with getting your car, I agree seems silly to pay out to repair one when you're getting a new one for Christmas. My hubby works with cars too, he's a Kwik fit fitter. Do you think you can get round your dad? Mine is a gem, sometimes he says no, or we'll think about it, but he always comes to the rescue if I need him. Not jus financially of course but he would give me his last penny if I was desperate.

Sue, sending you a huge hug. Sorry to hear you've ha a bad week, we're always here if you want to talk and get things off your chest. Hope your weigh in goes ok. I do think in my case that positive thinking can help weigh loss, but then I must admit in the periods of my life where I've found things going wrong and I've been really down ha the weight has fallen off me ( the only time it literally does just fall off), but its not the same for everyone. Strange how our bodies all work so differently. Anyway, the main thing is that you've been good and hopefully you'll get a result today to put a smile on your face:).

Kim, I just mean the savoury muffins you toast Hun, topped with cream cheese and salmon. I LOVE salmon :). And we have it with cava / prosecco, and orange juice ( Buck's Fizz I guess).

Ange, what did you bake last night. Has your son arrived safely? Hope you have a fantastic time.

Afm, I've hit a turning point I think. I've been getting frustrated with my weight I seems to be up and down up and down. I think part of it is because hubby and I have been having a few too many bottles of wine ( nothing drastic but about 3/4 a week between us), (ive never counted alcohol which i know is why i have hardly lost anything) and last night I completely blew everything and had a whole pizza from ASK. Anyway, something inside me has finally clicked and I now feel more determined and more motivated to do something about my weight and lifestyle than ever. I figured I need to just concentrate on one month at a time. So, I bought a notebook, I wrote exactly how I felt yesterday before and after the pizza and wine, exactly what I want to achieve and how I want to feel in 4 weeks time. No one else is ever meant to see it but each day I'm going to track my feelings as well as my weight, I've always found it really helps to get things down on paper. Also I want to give up smoking. I'm not a heavy smoker at all ( less than 10 a day), and until about 2 weeks ago I hadn't touched them because of my surgery, but now I'm back on them which I partly put down to boredom. Anyway, I am armed with nicotine patches, I bought non alcoholic fruit spritzer from asda yesterday ( which is 0 points on discovery), so hubby and I can still have a nice drink with our meals (I'm not a lover of coke / lemonade etc). I'm jus about to have my last cigarette, put my patch on, then Im going to open every window in my house, and the back door for a hour or so so he house is nice and fresh ( and probably freezing by that point :)), then have a nice bath so i feel completely clean and fresh, have a good tidy up ready to put my tree up tomorrow, then sit and relax with a good Christmas film :). I'm really looking forward to it actually. I've spent the last few weeks feeling horrible and miserable, and have decided its only me that can change it so that exactly what I'm going to do :). After all time goes by so quickly and I don't want to spend it being negative anymore. I'm sure ill have off days but today is a good one so I'm going to grasp it with both hands :). Oh, and have changed my weigh in day to Saturdays ladies by will start on the 8th to give myself a good week

Right, sorry I've babbled enough.

Hope you all have a good day. Catch up later

Love and hugs xxxx

Lovely to hear you sounding so wonderfully positive Becca, I'm really anti smoking so will definitely be encouraging you to give that up x

hope you and your family are ok after today Nikki x

Hope you remembered to weigh this morning sue!!! :) And hope you were happy with the result x

ive stayed on track all week and I'm really hoping the weekend doesn't tempt me into anything I shouldn't be having, like you Becca we are doing the tree tomorrow and I'm also going to be doing Christmas crafts with the girls-we need to make Christmas cards for them to give and tags for the chocolates they are going to be making everyone. I'm really looking forward to it.

on Sunday we are popping to mums and then making cakes for bailey to take to a Christmas party on Sunday afternoon, but I will make sure she takes them all so I won't be tempted! So there shouldn't be too many opportunities to go wrong!

keep up the good work everyone xx

Last edited:
Hello! Well done Becca on the quitting smoking! My boyfriend quit about 6 months ago by using patches! My boyfriend works at a private garage but he's going to take nancy (my car) out tonight do he can tell my dad exactly what's wrong! Today was okay. It was a happy funeral and I think the family are relieved it's over. I hope everyone has had a good day! X

Don't know what's wrong with me tonight, I have a real case of the munches, I'm so hungry but have no points left :(

I've come upstairs just to get away from the food! Trying to drink water instead, I do tend to reach for food when I'm actually thirsty but my tummy is cross it wants food!

hope you have a fab time at your mums party tomorrow Nikki x

have a great time doing the christmas tree Becca x

Ang, sue, Lesley-Ann, Sarah hope you all have a lovely weekend x

Hi everyone, well I did at least remember to WI but still even after 2 weeks only 1lb off. Sensing a pattern anyone????? Bit fed up still but not quitting. Got to say Becca on that note, you are really going for gold. Well done Hon. Never smoked but I am aware of how difficult it is from tenants I support. Thanks for the gentle words off everyone although there is a big part of me that thhinks I probably just need a kick up the proverbial but there you go. Anyway I am going to share a nice big kebab with my OH which will probably be nicer in theory than practice but i'm having it anyway. Have a good night everyone see you all tomorrow :eating:

Sue don't worry about the kebab! I just had fajitas! I might burst soon. My mums so excited for tomorrow! She doesn't even know that her parents are coming home from Spain to surprise her at the party! She thinks that just me and my boyfriend are taking her and dad out for tea! She's going to be so shocked especially to see her parents! X

Well done sue, I know you wanted more and I know it's very frustrating but you have a great attitude and I'm glad you are not going to give in, they do say slow and sure is the best way to lose and keep it of, keep at it and enjoy the kebab :)

wow Nikki what a lovely surprise for your mum!

Well done sue, it's 1lb in the right direction :).

Enjoy tomorrow Nikki. I threw a surprise party for my folks bak in August and family came from all over the uk, some they haven't seen for 20 odd years. They didn't suspect a thing beforehand but absolutely loved it :).

Xx

Lots of surprises and parties planned on here...decadent little lot !! Kebab was particularly nasty and cos I saved up my points I gave it to my beloved cos hes not quite so picky and I had a toffee crisp instead. World seems a little better now:rolleyes:

It's a shame about the kebab but at least you had some choc! My mum doesn't suspect either but having a broken car I've had to come in to town send her to get her nails done whilst I buy balloons and a cake and hide it in her car and hope she doesn't open the boot!

Afternoon ladies

Just a quick post to let you know I'm still alive ;-)
Hope you're all doing ok. Well done Sue on your loss hope your party goes well Nikki. I've literally shopped til I've dropped with Lee. My god that boy can shop !!! My bank balance is worried that I'll tell him to start dipping into it as I'm sure there's not much left in he's now !!!

Been pretty good and walked miles so fingers crossed

Going to theatre tonight to see Laura with her gymnastics troup doing their Xmas show.

How are Becca Kim and Lesley Anne ?

Post again when Lees gone back to London

Luv Ang x

Back