Starting again. 7 weeks until Christmas!!!

I'm having a great December thank you! I'm really happy at the moment haha I feel like skipping around! Good luck at work tomorrow! I bet your cardy is nice and warm :) I love going into town with my mum! Xxx

I have been checking my food for last few days/week and i really think I am just not eating enough. Trouble is with those of us who know the pp's of so much get out of the practice of recording everything, I think if I go back to writing it all down this might be the key.......hmmmmm

Sue, please don't be dishearten with your sts, I'm sure you will get the results you deserve soon, stick with it hon.keeping a record of what I'm eating has definitely helped me- I have a little note book and write everything down in there, definitely worth a try, hope it works for you.

hope you are ok Ang,just abit worried because we haven't heard from you today and you said your father in law wasn't too good, really hope everything is ok, thinking of you xxx

glad to hear you sounding so happy Nikki and well done for passing that assignment, good on you x

hope it goes well at work tomorrow Becca, and it's not too tiring. What sort if dance classes do you do? I used to go to dance classes with my mum a few years ago, we did Latin and ballroom and we even took an exam and won and bronze and silver medal, it was such good fun.is the social dance part of where you have the lessons or something different?

So far today I have resisted the gravy that I made to go with the roast dinner I cooked, the crumble I made for pudding, the cakes I was offered at the in laws and a bite of the burger and chips my husband had for dinner when me and the girls had egg and soilders, it's been tough today but I'm determined not to give in especially as its the day before weigh in! Just got to stay focused this evening and keep out of the kitchen!

Morning ladies

Goodness it's cold this morning !!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday but was busy early on, then got visitors, then it was the X Factor final and before I knew it the day had gone;-)
Sorry if I worried you Kim My father in law is still not right. Think he's had a TIA ( a mini stroke ) He's had a major stroke a few years ago and is fairly immobile. We have carers going on twice a day and we pay a cleaner to go in twice a week but Bill insists on going to see him every day. We do his shopping and washing and ironing and imake his meals with ours and take them down but the problem is that he lives about 3/4 of an hour away. So hope the snow doesn't come !!!

Hope everyone is ok.
Good luck at work today Becca. Hope it goes ok. Let us know how you are later

Well done on your success with your assignment
Nikki. Is your little girl getting excited ?

Sue I know how it feels to STS. It happens to me a lot .... Even when I'm not eating out all of the time ;-)). It's soul destroying but keep your chin up and you'll be back to losing your 1 lb a week and that's almost 2 stone in 6 months !!!

Going for a day out with my sister today. Visiting the big Garden Centre which is about an hours drive away. It's wonderful at this time of year with all the Xmas stuff on display. So it looks like lunch out again !!!

Be good my lovely friends

Luv Ang x

Good to hear from you Ang but sorry to hear that you father in law may have had a mini stroke, just two weeks ago my husbands great auntie had a mini stroke, she is recovering well but still has some sight problems. It all takes its toll so I hope he will be ok, glad to hear he gets some help in but it must be a lot for you to do all the washing and meals especially as its such a drive away, well done, I'm sure it means so much to him. Did you care for your parents too? Have a great day at the garden centre, me and mum are going to go to the big one near us next Thursday with Imogen as she finishes preschool on Tuesday next week, it's huge and there is so much Christmas stuff it's just amazing.

hope work is going ok today Becca and its not too much. Sue, are you back to work this week? Did you enjoy your time off? Hope you have a good week too Nikki x

I'm over the moon with my weigh in, excercising 5/7 days has paid off and I lost 2lb 12oz which takes me to 10st 1lb 4 oz, I'm so close to my 10st target so determined to have a good week this week.

I'm sorry to hear about your father in law ange! I hope he's feeling better soon. It must be hard for you all! Daisy (my little girl) still doesn't really know that it's Christmas soon! She's doing Christmas things at nursery but I'm not sure she knows it's because it's nearly Christmas haha! I hope everyone has a good day! I just went to asda for my food & it was horrible and busy! So glad to be home! X

Hi lovelies

How are you all.

Kim, amazing loss for you:). Woop woop:). Exercise may well be the key.

Ange sorry to hear about your father in law. It's so tiring looking after someone else especially being so far away. My mum looked after my nan until she went into a home and my mum was constantly physically tired and emotionally drained. My thoughts are with you Hun. On another note, hope you enjoyed your day out.

Nikki, how are you doing?

Sue, how are you feeling today?

Work today was ok. I did 8.30 until 12.30 and will be doing the same all week (apart from Friday when I am off). Everyone was ok but people avoided asking me how I was feeling. My work load is mad but I'm not go g to worry about it until after crimbo.

I know we're still a the tail end of one challenge, but in the new year is everyone up for starting a fresh thread for a summer challenge?

Hope you all have a good evening.

Hugs xxxxxxx

Ps. Why is it you always get an itch when you've just painted your nails!!!!!!!!!

Evening ladies,

Thank you all for your concern about my father in law. We've looked after him for years so it's really second nature now. The main problem now though is that he is confused. He rang us up on Saturday morning at 7.30am to tell Bill he had to go down and get him ready for his hospital appointment. His appointment is in February next year. Yesterday he claimed that the old gent who lives next door to him is using his electric. When Bill asked him how he was doing this he said he was climbing through the loft and dropping an electric plug into his bungalow, that's why his electricity bill is so high !!!
Bill called the doctor out again today who now thinks that he may have a urinary tract infection (which can cause confusion in old folk). Hopefully she's right and a course of antibiotics will do the trick. I dread to think what Xmas will be like if he doesn't improve.

Well that's enough moaning, as moaning doesn't get you anywhere .:banghead:

Well done Kim, great weight loss. You really do deserve it :faint2:

Have you gone back in work today Sue?

How are things at your end Nikki? Still excited?

Hi Becca, glad work wasn't too bad. How long will you be doing 1/2 days for? Will you have a good break at Xmas or do you just get the bank holidays off work?

I'm up for another challenge after Xmas, I'll probably still be your biggest challenge !!! Probably still be stuggling with my weight next Xmas :slap:

I've put the marzipan on my Xmas cake ready for Laura to help me ice and decorate it on Thursday so hopefully no baking then:Christmas02r:

I had a lovely day with my sister at the garden centre and just had a chicken panini for lunch with a side salad. It was really nice.

Speak tomorrow

Luv Ang xx

Hi all, just got in from work so can't really stp and chat properly. I'm in for a challenge after xmas, methinks Ang you are challenged enough! Very full plate in more ways than one! All have good night , speak soon

Hi everyone, hope you all have a lovely day today and don't come across too many temptations to lead you off course!! I would definitely love to be a part of another challenge after Christmas, great idea xxx

Hi ladies

How is everyone today ? It's very quiet here. Everyone busy wit Christmas preparations no doubt.

I think it may be a little quiet generally now on the run up to Christmas everyone has so much to do. I will definitely start a new thread though after the big day, we can loom forward to a slim summer together :).

Work today was ok. Had a meeting in Worcester so didn't get home until 2.30. I am shattered now though, an early night for me I think.

Hope you're all doing well and being sensible

Speak soon

Love xxxx

You ok Ange?

Xx

Hope you have a good nights sleep Becca, I'm sure you need that after your busy day, did you enjoy your lunch out? Have a lovely evening out tomorrow night, enjoy the meal sounds delicious.

Hope your weigh in goes ok tomorrow Ang, will be thinking of you.

how is the tracking going Sue? Hope you are having a good week.

what day are you weighing this week Nikki?

Tracking is going fine and I am realising that especially on my work days when i eat the same things most days I have definetly not been eating enough. Some days are only 19/20 pp's as I eat the "infamous" curry stew. trying to eat a bit more even if its just a ready meal which is quick to do after a 12 hour shift. Anyway we shall see I guess. Becca make sure you don't overdo it, easy to say i know.....Good luck with WI's ladies. catch up again tomorrow when i have a bit more time. Nighty night

Evening all

Glad work's going ok Becca and yes I'm fine. Thanks for asking:bighug:

The curry stew sounds interesting Sue.!!! What exactly is it??:secret:

Hope you had a good day Kim and you also Nikki

I've had a lovely lazyish day after having a quick sneak on the scales this morning and finding out that all my eating had caught up with me.!!! You'll be pleased to know Sue that the lying scales said that I had put 3lb on but I'm not believing them until my official WI tomorrow.:snooty:
After that shock I made a pan of BNS soup and invited my good friend Elaine around from next door for coffee and to put the world to rights as Bill had gone down to his Dads.:coffee:

After lunch ...BNS soup....me and Bill went for a lovely long walk in the brisk afternoon frost. I really enjoyed it.
When we got back I went into another neighbours house to keep her company for an hour as she has just come out of hospital after a knee replacement.

After dinner...more BNS soup plus a sandwich.... I have sat in my PJs and watched TV all evening....BLISS:bliss:

Well I'll let you know what the damage is tomorrow when I've officially braved the scales:scale:

Luv Ang xx

Hello, I'm so busy with Christmas I've been reading but not had chance to post! I'm weighing Thursday at my usual meeting this week :) I'm going shopping & for lunch today with my friends then tomorrow my boyfriend taking me to the Trafford centre to pick my Christmas presents off him :D how is everyone? I hope everyone has a good day :) xxx

Morning ladies

Well being really good yesterday helped to lose 1 of the 3lb I'd put on
So my official WI ....I've put 2 lb on:sign0007:

Having another day in today and going to do some housework. If I have finished by lunchtime I'll try and talk Bill in going for another walk

Hope you have a good day at the Trafford Centre Nikki. I went there a few weeks ago with my sister and it was fine up to lunch time and then it was soooo busy.
Do you know what you want off your boyfriend for Xmas or is it an all day job looking around?

Hope you're ok Becca and not overdoing it. Do you feel better though now that you have got a bit of routine back in your life? I know when I was working it was the routine that kept me going.
I hope that when you start a new thread after Xmas that we don't get too many new "friends" joining. I think the number we have now is lovely as we all get to know one another a bit better.:party0038:

What are you doing today Kim? It's lovely crisp weather outside so if I was you I'd be out there on that horse galloping through the countryside.:deadhorse: Does your hubby ride or your girls?

Don't forget to give us the recipe for Curry Stew, Sue. Is the same as vegetable curry? I used to make that when I went to WW class ages ago and it was lovely. I'd forgotten all about it. I think it was that along with BNS which helped me to lose the 6 stone. Pity 2stone has gone back on

Well hope you all have a good day whatever you're doing

Speak tomorrow

Luv Ang xx

Hi all, Curry stew is basicall a thick stew with all the veg cunningly disguised with curry lol. this is my recipe but it varys with every pot I make but its usually delish and I point it either 2 or 3 a bowl.
Frozen bag asda casserole mix (or 2 bags if you have a big enough pot)
Extra 4/5 carrots
Lots of onions chopped and fried in fry light
Curry powder
Stock cubes, salt and pepper to taste
Tin stewed steak
Tin chopped tomatoes
Once onions and curry powder are fried just pile everything else in and let bubble away until all veggies are soft. I then mash it all a bit with a potato masher.
This all may sound a little strange but I really don't like veg but this is a simple way of persuading myself I'm having a nice curry and still low pp's and veg... all round winner. Now I appreciate it may be an acquired taste, I really don't know, but whenever I take some into work for the girls they usually love it. I find the more thats chucked and longer its left bubbling away, the nicer it gets. I usually freeze a load of it too. I use this as my main lunchtime meal for the week and as its so low I can have wedges with it, mash, even rice.
Ang, I'm with you on our little group, maybe we could just "adapt" this one. Afterall worldwide popularity ruined things for the Spice Girls lol

Thanks for sharing that sue, it's sounds really nice, I will give it a go after Christmas.

hope Bill agrees to go for another nice walk Ang, although its cold out it is so nice to get some fresh air. Don't worry about the 2lb there will be plenty of time to lose weight after Christmas when there aren't so many events,it's a really tough time of year to be losing weight, don't be hard on yourself xxx

is it your meal out tonight or tomorrow Becca? Bet you are looking forward to it,I have a meal out next Wednesday, I'm sooooo looking forward to it.

have a wonderful time shopping Nikki, look forward to hearing what you get x

i helped out at preschool this morning because they were walking to the local pet shop to see and hold the animals, they got to hold rabbits, guinea pigs and a bearded dragon, the looks on their faces were so sweet, 3-4 years old is such a lovely age they had a wonderful time. Imogen and I are making a Christmas card for Jon this afternoon.

speak soon x

Back