Starting again. 7 weeks until Christmas!!!

Hi ladies

How is everyone. Just a quickie to say I haven't forgotten you but am shattered so off for an early night. Our meal out is tomorrow so not sure i I'll be able to post but will catch up on Friday.

Hope you're all being sensible :). Less than 2 weeks to go :).

Lots of love xxx

Morning everyone

OMG it's freezing this morning.

Hope you all have a good day organised and will all eat sensibly today

Quick post as going down to Bills Dad with him this morning, (taking Hot Pot I made for him last night and it smells delish) then back after Lunch to decorate my Xmas Cake with Laura when she gets home from school. It's the first time she'll have done it with me as I can't get through to her the concept that less is more in cake decorating. Usually everything goes on

Have a good time at your meal out toninght Becca

Speak to you all tomorrow

Luv Ang xx

Hi, enjoy your day Ang, sounds lovely, shame you can't post a pic of the cake I would love to see it. My sister is really into cake decorating and has been on lots of courses but has just done one on making shoes, they were incredible!

hope your weigh in goes well Nikki, let us know x

have a good day Sue, hope the tracking is still going well- just a reminder is your weigh in tomorrow-set that alarm!

enjoy your meal out Becca, hope the week hasn't been too much for you, try to take it easy x

I've managed to stick to the diet all week, but i am a little worried about the weekend, on Saturday the rotary clubs Santa on his sleigh will be going up mum and dads street and we are planning on surprising the girls-they think we are just having dinner at grandmas, so it's going to be a big surprise to see Santa go up the street, mums just doing a little buffet but will be baking a cake so I'm going to have to be careful!

And on Sunday afternoon we have invited my husbands mum, step dad, brother, nan and grandad round for a little buffet tea, the plan is to save as many points as possible and just be sensible,I will be able to point everything on Sunday as I will be buying the food but it will be harder at mums on Saturday. I just really want a good result on Mondays weigh in as I'm so close to my goal!

have a lovely day everyone x

Hi everyone! Hope you're all okay :) I'm gonna miss my weigh in again today as I have a stomach bug :( however I'm gonna go to Saturday as a visitor! Kim, I'm sure if you pick carefully at the buffet you'll be okay! Becca I hope work is okay! Ange I hope you have a good day :) and Sue I am going to try out your curry! Xxx

Hello girlies! Tracking is going well, but have just been out with the kids to have a "cafe Xmas dinner"..which was nice, mince pie and cream even nicer though :D I am counting that as all my weeklies as i have only used about 5 so far so am fine with that, I AM weighing tomorrow but have one of those feelings again you know..... Thanks for the reminders Kim ,you are definetly on my case lol. Glad to see we are all well and truly enveloped by the xmas spirit. Hope the cake turns out amazeballs Ang, I'm sure it will. When its made with your grandkids how can it not.
Becca don't let work tire you out to much before the holidays Hon! Nikki have ago with the curry stew, just bung stuff in. More curryfied the better!

The cafe Christmas dinner sounded lovely sue, hope you enjoyed that mince pie, I have had one yet-waiting until sunday. Hope you were pleased with your weigh in and that tracking has made a difference for you x
Nikki, Hope you feel better, did you have a sneaky weigh yesterday at home or are you waiting until Saturday now?

Did you enjoy the meal Becca, hope you aren't too tired from your busy week.

How did the Christmas cake decorating go Ang?

Im drenched from the school run this morning and feeling hungry today but I have plenty of wrapping to do to keep me out of trouble!!

Have a good day everyone x

I have had a sneaky weigh this morning & says I've lost 6lbs but I suspect that'll go up a bit when I start eating again! Cafe sounds lovely sue! I've had a mince pie & thankfully my Nanna has bought horrible ones so I've gone off them :) hope you all have a good day! X

Afternoon ladies

Glad you enjoyed your Xmas meal with the kids, Sue, hope the mince pie hasn't affected your WI today....you have been weighed haven't you ??:whistle:

Wow Nikki ...6lb off!!! I think you can relax over Xmas and not worry about gaining weight !!:worthy:

Hi Becca, hope you enjoyed your meal last night and wasn't too tired. At least you've got a day off today so I hope that you're taking advantage of it and relaxing:zz:

We decorated the Xmas cake last night, Kim. All went well til Bill knocked the snowman off the worktop and beheaded him before we could put him on the cake !!!
Laura decided to put his head on the floor in the snow besides his body on the cake and I must admit it looks ok. Are you on Facebook ? If you are I've put a photo on there. My FB name is Angela Swindley and I live in Haydock.
I wouldn't worry about your 2 family "does", enjoy them, it's only Xmas once a year and you are almost at your goal:eat:

The weather has been terrible today hasn't it?:raincloud:
We just went to Bill's Dad's this morning, did a quick visit to Tesco and now am having a lazy afternoon reading infront of a lovely roaring fire.

Soon be the big day:109:

Luv Ang xx

Well I have until 21 st feb to lose a pound and a half to have reached the goal for the year! So I'm not worrying too much over Christmas! Ange I looked on your Facebook and all your baking looks fab! I also had a quick nosey at the weight watchers folder & I literally can't believe it! You look absolutely amazing & have done so well!!! Wow! I'm going to my nannas for tea armed with a weight watchers curry whilst they have something really good! Oh well I've been really good today! :D hope you all have a good night! Xxx

Ang, your photos are lovely and like Nikki said your weight watchers achievements are so inspirational, well done you. I did sent a friend request a little while ago see if you can see it? That made me laugh that Bill knocked the head off the snowman!

glad to hear you sounding better Nikki, hope you still have a 6lb loss at class tomorrow x

hope everyone has a very nice weekend x what are your plans?

Thanks for adding me on facebook Nikki, Daisy is soooo adorable, she is going to be so excited when she sees that pile of presents!! where have you hidden them all? I have all the family presents in the spare room and all the girls presents in the loft, I actually wrapped theirs in the loft this year, its was just easier than bringing them all down the ladder again!! Good luck with you weigh in, let us know how you do xx
Good luck with your weigh in too Becca, looking forward to hear all your news when you get chance x

How was your weigh in yesterday Sue?

What are your plans for the weekend Ang?

Has anyone ever tried Simply Filling? I was reading about it on one of the threads here, I though I might give it a go after Christmas, only thing is it seems to work alongside the pro points not the discovery-as you have the free foods and then your 49 weeklies. I know there used to be a core plan version that was out the same time as the discovery diet but I cant seem to find much info about that, all I have found is that you had three meals a day and could only snack on fruit, does anyone know if you had any extra points for treats? and if so how many? I think if I do try it it would be better to do the simply filling as there is more info about if I have any questions, only thing is reverting back to pro points from discovery is going to be soooo confusing!!! but I do like a challenge and trying something new.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, we are off to clevedon pier this morning, unfortunately seven years ago yesterday my husbands best friends died in a car accident and we raised money to have a plaque put on the pier in his memory, so we are going meet friends there. Then this afternoon we will be going to mums and hopefully seeing santa go up the street!

Last edited:
Aww that's such a shame but so nice that you're doing something in their memory!
I know that at my meetings our leader said that filling & healthy is a good idea in winter because people are hungry but I'm not sure about how it works or if there is an option to do it on discovery!
Thank you! Daisy does look very cute & angelic which is why she gets away with being a monster! Her presents are all hidden in my sisters room as she doesn't live here but as our house has 4 floors she only ever plays downstairs so there's no risk of her finding them! Your daughter is also very beautiful!
I hope everyone has a good day! X

Hi ladies

Hope you're ok. Have just woken up, I am so exhausted its untrue. Have to go to see hubby's mum I a bit it's he birthday bu will catch up later.

Lots o love xxx

Ps. Scale say I'm up 2lb and I still have another meal to go tomorrow. Eek!!!!!

Hi everyone,

So sorry I've not been around much the last few days. Had the meal out Thursday which was nice, then yesterday hubby and I had our first dance lesson in about 6 months. That cha cha cha just about killed me off I think. I slept straight through til 9.30 today and even then could have turned over and gone straight back to sleep. Today we've been to hubby's mums as its her birthday, popped to sainsburys too. Is it me or does everyone suddenly become inpatient and grouchy in December. There were people banging trolleys in the supermarket with no apologies, others fighting over car parking spaces then making rude gestures if someone else got to the spa e before they did!!!!

Anyway, how is everyone? Nikki your loss is amazing. Go you :). That is soooooooo good. Add me on Facebook too if you can find me. I'm Rebecca groves ( if you check Kim's friends list I'm in there).

Ange, I've just had to take a peak at your weight watchers photos UTTERLY AMAZING. You look incredible and have done so well. An inspiration to us all I think. Give yourself a huge pat on the back

Sue, have you weighed lovely :)

Kim, how are you doing? That must have been awkward wrapping pressies in the attic :). Is Imogen getting excited?

I can't believe how quickly this month is flying by.

Well. The scales this morning said I'd gone up 2lb. I'm hoping some of it will come off again this week, but resigned myself to the fact it is Christmas and my main focus now needs to be to get myself geared up for our summer challenge. We're off to Tenerife in may and I jus have to be back down to 10 stone something by then. The worst thing is I've had to buy new clothes cos nothing in my wardrobe fits anymore. It's so degrading when you try your favourite dress on that 8 months ago fitted perfectly now you can't even get the zip done up!!!!!!

Well my lovelies, hope you're all having a fantastic weekend, am out again all day to,or row so will try to post when I get home or if not Monday.

Love you all xxx

Glad you had such a nice lie in Becca, how many days are you in next week? We have a huge and tall loft so it was easy to wrap the presents just very cold!! Bailey and Imogen are both getting very excited especially after seeing santa tonight. How has your day been Ang? Hope you are ok Sue, you must be working hard as you haven't posted for a few days, will be good to hear from you when you get time. How did it go at the Saturday weigh in group Nikki?

Back