Starting CD when ill with cold

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Joolz1975, 3 February 2009 Social URL.

1. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,
    I was supposed to start CD yesterday but have been suffering with cold/flu symptoms since the weekend. I had 2 CD meals yesterday but was then told that a friend of a friend was told not to start if at all unwell.

I contacted my counsellor yesterday after work and she confirmed this, said I should wait until I feel better.

My question is what would happen if I did start when I am still loaded with cold and feel pretty lousy? If it would just mean ketosis would be worse than normal I am tempted to just start tomorrow so I will go through this when I am off work at the weekend. If there is another reason though, such as would effect weight loss etc then I would wait. Itching to start to see the weight come off that's all.

Any ideas???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mat

Mat taking control (again)

I'm no expert and I haven't even started CD myself yet. I don't mean any offence by saying this, so please don't take it the wrong way. I'm not sure how long you have been over weight, but I'm guessing it's been a while, like most of us. A few days or a week isn't going to make much difference, so I would imagine that you would be far better off waiting until you are feeling better. Maybe take some multi-vitamins to help you get there a little quicker.

Either way, I hope you feel better soon.

4. Gunna-make-it

Gunna-make-it Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    exante
    I would wait until you are feeling better as I am guessing that recovery will be longer if you are doing the diet as you will limited on the medicines you can take too. 2 weeks ago I had a cold and laryngitis and was told that I should do 810 instead of SS while I was ill as i needed to eat. As you are a newbie, you will not want to tackle going through ketosis while being ill either...
    Hope you are feeling better soon..

5. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I came down with a horrid cold on week 3! But I stuck to ss+ as I needed too (in my head) cdc said to go up a step or two if I felt the need

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.