• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Starting CD when ill with cold

Hi,
I was supposed to start CD yesterday but have been suffering with cold/flu symptoms since the weekend. I had 2 CD meals yesterday but was then told that a friend of a friend was told not to start if at all unwell.

I contacted my counsellor yesterday after work and she confirmed this, said I should wait until I feel better.

My question is what would happen if I did start when I am still loaded with cold and feel pretty lousy? If it would just mean ketosis would be worse than normal I am tempted to just start tomorrow so I will go through this when I am off work at the weekend. If there is another reason though, such as would effect weight loss etc then I would wait. Itching to start to see the weight come off that's all.

Any ideas???

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Mat

taking control (again)
I'm no expert and I haven't even started CD myself yet. I don't mean any offence by saying this, so please don't take it the wrong way. I'm not sure how long you have been over weight, but I'm guessing it's been a while, like most of us. A few days or a week isn't going to make much difference, so I would imagine that you would be far better off waiting until you are feeling better. Maybe take some multi-vitamins to help you get there a little quicker.

Either way, I hope you feel better soon.

I would wait until you are feeling better as I am guessing that recovery will be longer if you are doing the diet as you will limited on the medicines you can take too. 2 weeks ago I had a cold and laryngitis and was told that I should do 810 instead of SS while I was ill as i needed to eat. As you are a newbie, you will not want to tackle going through ketosis while being ill either...
Hope you are feeling better soon..