Starting counch to 5k tomorrow

alexisemma31

wish me luck!!!

what piece of equipment can you buy which tracks your speed and calorie burn etc. I think it looks like a watch?

I'd like to buy one but don't know what they're called!

Hi Alexis, good on you for starting! Sorry I don't know what the gadget is called but just wanted to say I sorta started today - 'sorta' because I am doing it on a stationary bike! There are some great C25K apps for iPhone you can get - helpful to get voice prompts for the intervals whilst listening to your own music playlist in the background. You also log your progress as you go.
All the best! :)

Best of luck with it. I will be starting again on 1st Jan. I got to week 6 early last year but broke my ankle and lost all my momentum. Hopefully in 2012 I'll actually get to finish it.

Is the thing you are talking about a pedometer? I think you can get them in most sport shops. I have the WW one which I will be taking out with me.

Deffo agree as well re the apps....it makes it so much easier when you have someone telling you the prompts to run/walk....and the music makes it easier too. I use the Running into Shape one cause they have chart music but I know there are others out there too.

Have any of you tried it on a treadmill I'm wondering how it works does it tell you what speed etc to turn up too? Cx

Back