Starting Fresh - Aaliyah's Food Diary

uoyevoli

Hello :)

I haven't updated my old diary in a while so I thought it would be good to start new and get a new food diary.

Please feel free to correct me on any of my errors.

And any support would be much appreciated :)

MONDAY 28TH FEBRUARY - GREEN DAY

BREAKFAST

42g Crunchy Bran (1 HEB) and 150ml Milk (1 HEA)

LUNCH
2 Eggs and SW Chips

DINNER
Channa Dal and Basmati Rice

SNACKS
FF Activia Yoghurt
2 Mini Eggs (4)
3 Small Chicken Kebabs (1 HEB)(3) made with chicken, onions, green chillies, coriander and masala mix. Fried in a little bit of Sunflower Oil.

DRINKS
Water
SF Squash

SYNS

WEEKLY ALLOWANCE
7/105

Last edited:
Hi Aaliyah,

Well done for re-starting your diary as I think it will really help you stay focused. I started mine last week and have had some lovely people visit to encourage me. Good luck on your slimming world journey.

Ps, Did you have any luck finding the frylight?

Hi Aaliyah,

Well done for re-starting your diary as I think it will really help you stay focused. I started mine last week and have had some lovely people visit to encourage me. Good luck on your slimming world journey.

Ps, Did you have any luck finding the frylight?

Thanks Aisha :)

I haven't had a look in the nearest Tesco yet but may take a trip there on the weekend if I have time.

TUESDAY 1ST MARCH - GREEN DAY

BREAKFAST

42g Crunchy Bran (1 HEB) & Milk (1 HEA)

LUNCH
Leek & Potato Soup With 3 Pieces of WW Brown Danish Bread (6)

DINNER
Lots of Leek & Potato Soup

SNACKS
Chicken Kebabs (1 HEB)(6)
3 Mini Eggs (6) Anyone have any ideas how many syns mini eggs are?
1 FF Activia Yoghurt

DRINKS
Water

SYNS

WEEKLY ALLOWANCE
25/105

Last edited:
I have the biggest urge to eat chocolate today. :(

It doesn't help that * week is over 1 week late and is probably the cause of my chocolate craving.

Hey hun try having an options or cadbury's highlights (2 syns) with your milk allowance or go get some cadbury's chocolate eclairs to suck on they're only 1.5 syns each & they key is to SUCK on them lol! Skinny cow dippers ice cream are lovely n chocolatey at only 3 syns & make a lovely dessert with sliced banana. Oh grate a couple of squares of chocolate & mix it in with some syn free vanilla yogurt & freeze to make a lovely low syn ice cream (I use sainsbury's 0.1% vanilla). That was my first * week on slimming world survival guide. I'll let you know if I think of anything else :)

^^ Brill advice above! I would second this, but the Cadbury's choc eclairs are 2 syns, not 1.5... I guess half a syn out here or there is OK, unless you're like me and would seriously contemplate eating my whole day's allowance in eclairs, you'd eat 10 thinking they were 1.5 syns when they were actually 2, and then go over by 5 syns without noticing!

Hey hun try having an options or cadbury's highlights (2 syns) with your milk allowance or go get some cadbury's chocolate eclairs to suck on they're only 1.5 syns each & they key is to SUCK on them lol! Skinny cow dippers ice cream are lovely n chocolatey at only 3 syns & make a lovely dessert with sliced banana. Oh grate a couple of squares of chocolate & mix it in with some syn free vanilla yogurt & freeze to make a lovely low syn ice cream (I use sainsbury's 0.1% vanilla). That was my first * week on slimming world survival guide. I'll let you know if I think of anything else :)

I didn't have any chocolate in the end just filled up on some leek & potato soup was yummy, even my dh liked it and he can be fussy, lol. I have some Skinny Cow ice creams in the freezer, I'll have to dig them out.

I'm gonna have a look in ASDA today to see if I can find any vanilla yoghurt as it sounds yummy! I find it difficult to buy yoghurt as most of them have gelatine in! :mad:

^^ Brill advice above! I would second this, but the Cadbury's choc eclairs are 2 syns, not 1.5... I guess half a syn out here or there is OK, unless you're like me and would seriously contemplate eating my whole day's allowance in eclairs, you'd eat 10 thinking they were 1.5 syns when they were actually 2, and then go over by 5 syns without noticing!

I know if I bought one pack of chocolate eclairs they'd probably be gone in one sitting! Chocolate is a dangerous thing to keep in this house, as my poor dh has found out! Lol.

WEDNESDAY 2ND MARCH - GREEN DAY

BREAKFAST
42g Crunchy Bran (1 HEB) & FF Milk (4)

LUNCH
Jacket Potato & Cheese (2 HEA)

DINNER
Quorn Spag Bol (mince, onions, carrots, sweetcorn, passata & mixed herbs) with pasta

SNACKS
None

DRINKS
Water
Options Hot Chocolate (2)

SYNS
Milk (4)

WEEKLY ALLOWANCE
31/105

Last edited:
Morning all,

I've been up since 6am as dh had to leave early to go to Brentwood this morning. Only just had my breakfast (at 10am) as I found when I had it earlier yesterday (8 am) it felt like a really long time between breakfast and lunch.

It feels like I haven't stopped cooking for the past two days. It doesn't help that me and dh have such different tastes when it comes to food. I am very surprised that he liked the SW leek and potato soup I made yesterday, he did put a lot of black pepper in it though.

I'm planning on making veggie spag bol today for dinner. Dh had said he will try some but in case he doesn't like it (he can be fussy and would moan if I left him hungry :p). I am gonna make some simple potato dish called zeera aloo (cumin potatoes) for him which consists of potato, cumin seeds, chilli flakes, turmeric and some salt. I guess it could be made SW friendly if I didn't use the oil and used Frylight insteadl but I am not a big fan of spicy vegetable dishes, plus I don't think it'd taste nice with rice instead of chapatti.

I'm also planning on going to ASDA today as well to see if I can get some more yoghurts as I ate the last one yesterday and to see if I can get some silkin tofu as I found saw a nice low syn chocolate mousse someone on here made and I fancy trying it.

Anyways, will be back later to update.

I didn't have any chocolate in the end just filled up on some leek & potato soup was yummy, even my dh liked it and he can be fussy, lol. I have some Skinny Cow ice creams in the freezer, I'll have to dig them out.

I'm gonna have a look in ASDA today to see if I can find any vanilla yoghurt as it sounds yummy! I find it difficult to buy yoghurt as most of them have gelatine in! :mad:

Hi the yogurts I get are sainsbury's own brand and they are gelatine free as I also cannot have muller lights because of that too. I'm not too sure about asda though so you may have to look online for the ingredients.

Ps well done on not having a chocolate binge yesterday :)

THURSDAY 3RD MARCH - GREEN DAY

BREAKFAST
Nothing

LUNCH
Quorn Spag Bol

DINNER
Urad Daal & Rice

SNACKS
Leek & Potato Soup & 3 Pieces of WW Bread (1 HEB)

DRINKS
Water

SYNS

WEEKLY ALLOWANCE
31/105

Last edited:
I didn't have the chance to go to ASDA yesterday as dh came home early from work and we decided to go to the cinema instead to see West is West. The movie was okay but it wasn't as good as the first one. Today feels like it's dragging and I can't wait for the weekend to come!

I didn't have the chance to go to ASDA yesterday as dh came home early from work and we decided to go to the cinema instead to see West is West. The movie was okay but it wasn't as good as the first one. Today feels like it's dragging and I can't wait for the weekend to come!

What would you rate the movie out of 10? I'm thinking about downloading it for everyone to sit and watch at home as we don't really do family outings to the cinema - my brother is sh!t scared of the big screens! xxx

What would you rate the movie out of 10? I'm thinking about downloading it for everyone to sit and watch at home as we don't really do family outings to the cinema - my brother is sh!t scared of the big screens! xxx

I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of ten. The movie was okay not as good as East is East though. Also somethings I found really crazy and too weird :confused:

Friday 4th March - Green Day

Breakfast
42g Crunchy Bran (1 HEB) & 100ml FF Milk (1 HEA)

Lunch
Leek & Potato Soup & 4 WW Bread (1 HEB)(2)

Dinner
Quorn Spag Bol & Pasta

Drinks
Water
Options Hot Chocolate & Milk (2)(1 HEA)

Syns

Last edited:
Back