Starting LL in 2 weeks, what to expect?

SurreySlimmer

lovin' it!
Hi all,
I've been totally inspired by a friend's recent success at the end of her 14 LL weeks and have now signed up. She kept her dieting very quiet and no one knew she was even doing it until we all saw her latest pics - meanwhile we thought she'd just secreted herself away cause she just started a new job. I was totally blown away, she now looks super happy and healthy and I'm so happy for her.

I've been reading around about the LL programme since signing up and would really like to hear first-hand what to expect at the start of the programme.

Can you drink coffee? (this is my biggest vice), what's the deal with headaches? - does everyone get them and for how long? Do you get tired? What else happens?

I know its probably different for everybody but I'd love to hear what it was like for you when you started LL. Also , I'm a bit nervous about my first group session as I can be a bit shy around people when I first meet them.

Hi,

I started LL 11 days ago. I can honestly say that it hasn't been too bad. I had quite bad headaches on days 5 and 6 and felt quite out of sorts but I now feel well but a bit tired. You just have to stick with it for the first week and then it becomes easier. The good side is that I lost 9 pounds in the first week. You can drink black coffee and tea. It certainly seems to be the answer to weight loss if you are ready to stick yo it. I hope that you do it. Best wishes

Jash.

Hi Surrey Slimmer
I started LL a week ago and had very slight headaches, nothing major. As you have probably be reading the posts, the support network is fantastic and I feel that once you pass that first hurdle it seems pretty easy after that. The shakes, soups and bars are filling too :) Good Luck

"Can you drink coffee? (this is my biggest vice), what's the deal with headaches? - does everyone get them and for how long? Do you get tired? What else happens?"

Hi there!! Well, when I read your title "....what to expect?" My first answer was, "a mind-blowing, life-changing, miracle diet that will give you a second chance and make you love love love losing weight!!! :D"

But as to your questions first - from one Java Junkie to another....;).....Yes - you can have coffee. BUT - it can only be black and/or sweetened with sweetner tablets - no sugar and no powdered sweetrners. You can though mix almost all flavours of shakes with coffee - either hot or cold - and they are my favourite. Chocolate, becomes a mocha. Vanilla becomes a Latte. Banane becomes yummmmmmy. etc. Granted, you need to use your imagination a wee bit - but they certainly are nice.

Not everyone gets headaches. All the side effects vary considerably among us all. Personally, I had maybe 2 - mayyyyybe 3 headaches - all tolerable and sorted quickly with Paracetomol. They were in the first week. SInce then - none.

One of the best ways to avoid any unpleasant side effects in the first week is to start preparing yourself now. If you start to reduce, or better yet cut out carbs now - you will be really thankful. Its the carb withdrawal that makes it so uncomfortable. Often times as we all know, before a diet we gorge - generally on carbs.....so if you are planning a "last supper" you might have trouble. To be honest, I was so ready to start, and so sick of food - I cut back easily and even lost 5 pounds between my info session and starting!! So I have little to no side effects.

SOme complain of being cold - that happens to a lot of people. Again - I have not once had even the slightest chill or shiver. But before LL I tend to have a naturally warm thermostat anyway. :D

Some complaint of a metallic taste in their mouth and bad breath - realllllly bad breath. Again - I have been lucky. I asked my husband the other day if he has ever noticed my breath. He said it was nice - better then before diet. I also never tasted metal.

So - you can see - you might go into this with a very minimum amount of discomfort!

But seriously - if I can offer you one peice of advise - do do the preperation - including and most importantly, the mental prep. Start visualising yourself at goal.....and I can assure you - it is safe to believe that you will get to goal, because YOU WILL. If you follow this - faithfully - you will 100% get to your goal. Easily. But I found really getting my head wrapped right around the concept, and what life - familya nd social events, work, holidays, etc., woudl be like while abstaining. So I was ready for anything, and that has allowed me to be 100% after 222 days. If I can do it - ANYBODY can do it.

Belive it - every minute you think about it = believe it.....and it will happen!!!

Have fun = its a helluva ride!!!!

XX

Hi There,

I can agree with BL on everything. I did get cold but you know its a small price to pay.

Have a look at my pics in my albums there are before middle and one taken on Friday night. I think I have become 10 years younger.

Thanks so much for all the info, sadly I can't see pics yet but will get busy posting so I can look at your photos soon Tange. I've got two weeks exactly before my LL starts so I'm starting on the water and lowering carbs now. It may sound like a bit of a dumb question, but is fruit carbs? I am a big fruit eater and know I will miss it a lot on the LL.

Again second everything BL has said except I get chilly and my hands and feet are freezing all the time :gen125::gen125: its no big deal though I just wear socks in bed ;)

I got a headache on day 3 but paracetamol sorted it. I felt a little tired until around day 10 since then its been plain sailing.

The weight literally drops off, so worth it!!

Good luck with your journey and keep in touch x

Thanks so much for all the info, sadly I can't see pics yet but will get busy posting so I can look at your photos soon Tange. I've got two weeks exactly before my LL starts so I'm starting on the water and lowering carbs now. It may sound like a bit of a dumb question, but is fruit carbs? I am a big fruit eater and know I will miss it a lot on the LL.

If you want to eat fruit in the lead up to your start, have things like cherries and berries, or just go and check out a low carb diet site and see which fruit are low carb.

Hi Surrey Slimmer!! Welcome to the forum. It's a fantastic place with loads of support.
Lighterlife is an amazing diet, I did and still do suffer from the cold but it's a very small price to pay for the success I've experienced!! I'm sure you'll do fantastically!!! Good luck!!!:)

Back