Starting LL in May

Congrats Eileen!! and good luck Summer, it's amazing to think of the total you've lost in a week I've lost 8lbs this week - would've been more but I was seriously lacking on the water front.

I got all shakes this week as I want to try and build up to wanting savoury. But to be honest I'd be happy with just living on the vanilla shake all the time!! I made chocolate this morning mixed a choc shake thickly and put it in the freezer so will have that for lunch - can't wait someone in my group did it and said it was really nice.

Helen

I started on 29th April and have lost 1stone so far.

I prefer to make my shakes with ice in a blender. More like smoothies and they taste much nicer!

where are all the May starters?

Hello May starters
How are you all doing? We haven't had a post in here for 5 days and we should be supporting each other. That's my excuse for telling you all I lost 4 lbs this week - my second weigh in.
Hoping to hear how everyone else is getting on...
Trish :sign0009: :hug99:

Hey there I am another May starter. Just finished my first week so embarking on my second. 11.4 loss in the first!

well done, that's a great loss!!

Well news with me is I'm over my icky cold virus thing, just still a bit muggy in the head but that's passing!

I was working at a conference in London yesterday and the main hall where we all were was also where they held the buffet lunch, it was so hard and depressing not to eat! just because of how gorgeous it all smelt and looked, I wet downstairs to a meeting room and made my chocolate shake with the shaker, was quite nice really. I couldn't drink much water mainly because we had 1 litre bottles and the smallest wine glasses I've ever seen it was about 12 glasses just to have the one litre!! And Iwas so busy running around that I didn't get a chance to drink more, in the evening I drank another 1.5litres but was exhausted so had an early night, today by 12 I'd already drank 3 litres of water and I've just had my first shake, might have one more before group then when I get home havea nice big chocolate shake!!

I'm going off the caramel shakes, that's what I'm having now, they never seem to mix aswell as the others.

Sorry it's a long post but it's been a while!!

Helen

Hi its nice too see we are all losing.Im still hungry on & off but getting by, i enjoyed my meeting on monday it really helps i find.

Great loss

Hi all you May starters,
Those losses are great - wonderful incentives to keep going.
Helen I too find that on busy days at work it's really difficult to get in the 4l of water.
Is anyone at the stage yet where people are not telling them 'it can't be good for you not eating'? I tend to try and get out of the way when foods around but it is difficult .....
Nice to hear from you all and good luck xx:blahblah:

Hey there I am another May starter. Just finished my first week so embarking on my second. 11.4 loss in the first!
That's just fab, Sammy x

Hello! I am also a May starter and new to this forum so bare with me!...I started on the 2nd of May so on day 17 and have lost 15lb so far...fridays are the worst for me when it comes to this programme as it's the weekend and so nice and sunny and normally i would go shopping for end of work/weekend treats to enjoy in the sunshine! :(

A May Starter Too

Hi ya, I am a May starter too, in my first week I lost 7lbs and it is my second weigh in tomorrow. Only another 32lbs to go. I am not sure why I am so nervous as I have managed to stay on the packs and drink so much water, that I must slosh around rather than walk.

Be great to inspire each other to keep going ... here's a few of my achievements so far in the first 14 days..

- Cooked dinner for 3 and managed to stay on my soup and not feel to bad about it
- Went to lunch with the girls and had tea and water whilst they got pissed on wine
- Went out on a pub crawl last night to celebrate a birthday and stayed on water all night, and felt great this morning when they all had hangovers.

Not bad for the first two weeks ....

Summer

Hi May starters

Good to see all the positive vibes from everyone. I started 1st May and into my 3rd week and getting more and more inspired by this programme - and the stories I read on here too! I've lost 17lbs so far - a drop in my large ocean but on the way.
Madhatter I'm totally with you about Fridays. Last night was my 3rd Friday and it was no where like that first Friday of feeling totally deprived of my weekend treats. Instead there was a bit of regret for a fleeting moment when I walked by the old haunts (what do I sound like??:) )
Summer I think your achievements are wonderful and I bet you didn't think you could. So I decided to bore you all and write down my achievements for the past week too.
I had a cousin staying for a couple of days so on the first day I cooked her steak, and all the trimmings pus a nice lemon dessert.
Next day we went to my uncle's and he cooked my favourite - roast chicken etc. I was drooling I must admit but the veggie soup was woofed down quickly and it helped.
Then I've had 2 nights out and watched them all getting p***ed and I must admit to having had enough of sparkling water after 2 nights.
I felt a bit deprived the first evening and on the second I decided to change the attitude to one of pride in myself. I think if I had gone out again feeling deprived I may have succumbed.
Sorry for the ramblings - getting as bad as Helen! (only joking, it's great to read your posts :) )
That's all for now and talk soon.
Keep up the good work
xx

Second Week Weigh In

Well hi there,

Was totally chufffed to loose another 4.1 lbs this week, following my 7 lbs in my first week. 3 more and I will be on for the stone.

I can't say that it isnt hard - especially the weekends but it is definitely worth it.

Summer

hie am new but have been on cd for 8 weeks what I want to find out is I am on strong painkillers for my back can they slow down my weigthloss

i had my 2nd weigh in i lost 4 pounds, thats a stone in 2 weeks.I would say its getting easier, not as hungry now, also i feel like im getting more energy.I did my ironing with my coat on sunday.
I hope everyone is still doing ok.

That's fantastic!! :) I really look forward to Thursdays with my WI although I'm off to Amsterdam next Monday for 3 days and have no clothes that fit, so thats the only downside I can see. Oh yeah plus I've been down to London for work twice since I started and rather than spend money in Burker King I know own 2 note books and a wedding planner form paperchase!!

Also what I find really good is, apart from the paperchase purchases, how much money I have in my purse, it really makes you realise how much you spend on food throughout the day and don't notice it!

Helen

My third weigh-in and am I pleased!

Hi Fellow May sarters,
Just thought I'd share my seven pound weight loss with you. My third week on LL and I've lost a grand total of 24 lbs. I'm thrilled, and trying desperately not to let the fact that I was actuall 6 lb lighter than this last March (2006) spoil it for me. But I'm on the right road going in the right direction.
Look forward to hearing from you all .....:bliss: :bliss:

Well done Tish thats fabby. You too Eileen keep up the good work!

Back