Starting LL in May

Thanks Sammy xx

Another May starter

Hi All!
I started on 1st May and am so far really impressed with this diet. i had my third weigh in yesterday and lost another 5 lbs, making a total of 1stone 5lbs!!! I find not eating not as difficult as I thought, admittingly I do miss my evening treats, that's why I always save a foodpack for those evening cravings. Well done all you others on your weight losses.
How do you find the couneslling side of the diet? Our group is quite large, so it can seem a bit rushed sometimes but last night there were only 6 of us (hope the others will come back) and we had a really good TA talk about our ego states and I find it quite difficult to admit and analyse certain patterns, but am very positive that this is what will make the difference in the long run. Sorry for the ramble just really excited about it all at the moment!!

Welcome Juliakno,
Very well done on your loss so far and it's great to hear someone so enthusiastic too. I agree about the counselling, I'm sure it will make all the difference in the long run - especially when we're not quite as new to it all.
Talk soon :)

Thanks Tishtosh!
I am just really excited that this diet works, and also works so fast. I had a lot of people noticing my weightloss over the last week, and I am just three weeks into LL.
On the downside, my clothes are getting way to big now, but I want to wait just a little bit longer before I go out and by myself some new stuff (what a downside this is ;) !!)
I have a pair of jeans in my wardrobe, which I never wore, as never managed to slim into it (bought about 5 years ago when I was at my adult slimmest) but it almost fits me now, at this rate probably only another 2 weeks, and I just can't wait to put them on, hot weather or not. Talk to you soon

LOL, I know what you mean about the clothes .... I've thrown out one pair of trousers already and there will be more to follow soon at this rate.
Luckily (or unluckily) I have a few sizes in my wardrobe so I'm hoping not to have to buy anything new until I get to a 14 or 16. Sounds exciting doesn't it?
Let me know how you get on .... when is your next weigh in?

Hi Tishtosh
I haven't started throwing out my old clothes yet, but it won't be long now, as especially my trouser are just hanging off me now and are just taking up space in my wardrobe. Tops are generally more forgiving and they will have to last a bit longer.
My next weigh in is on Tuesday, and I really, really need it, as I need a good weight loss to keep me motivated. I just had quite a tough weekend, and while I don't feel like giving up, I just really miss some proper food at the moment. Not helped by husband and kids being around all day, wanting and eating food.
I think we started on the same day, so hope you have a good weigh in, you are doing really well so far.
talk to you soon.

Oh, just an afterthought. How are all the other may starters doing?? It would be great to hear from you!

Hi Juliakno,
My weigh in is Tuesday also - did you start 1st of May too? I have a bit more than you to lose but it will be interesting to see our weight go down at a steady rate.
Poor you - it's funny I've had the munchies too and the rain's not helping either is it?
I really think it must be so much harder for people with children and hubby to cook for - I do admire you. I've only had to cook once since strting and that was bad enough.
Decided to have an early night and hope the hunger pangs (both in my head and tummy) are gone when I wake.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend and keep strong xx

hi juliakno, well done with your loss so far, its a great diet isnt it? Ive lost a stone in 2 weeks. Its my weigh in tonight, so i will be on later to report my loss.im not at the stage of throwing clothes away yet, as most of my clothes are lose & baggy, which i cant wait too get rid of.Good luck for the week ahead everyone.

well done Eileen .....

Going away for a few days - now have doubts

Just thought I'd air my fears about going away for a few days to my friend's in Lancashire. I was initially excited and had it all planned in my head. Then I told my friend about LL and she was quite taken aback and said she'd get me some veggies and salads in anyway, and was not happy when I told her no.
She knows how much I've struggled with my weight over the years (we've been friends since 1975) and she's always been a size 8-10. She does eat - loves her food but weight's never been an issue with her.
It'll probably be allright in the end, and I'll bring my blender with me and eat my soups when they eat etc. But it has brought it home just how alien this diet is and how oddly it is viewed by 'outsiders'.
I haven't seen her for about 9 months and when she last saw me I was about the same as I am now - after shedding 24 lbs! So she's not going to see any difference, but I feel it thankfully.
Does anyone bring their soup packets into restaurants for example? What's the response usually?
Oh well, I suppose if I get through my first outing with a close friend, it might become easier when I face the family, work colleagues and other friends.
Why do I feel ashamed to be on this diet? So far I've only told one person and she's in Scotland and hasn't time to nag me anyway.
Hmmm enough ramblings for now and apologies if I've bored you all.
:(

Hope im not to late to join

Im just going into my 4th week now, I'd like to join this thread.
It would be nice to have a group going thru what I will be.

Ive lost 2st and 2lb. Its great when you step on those scales. Or when you buy soem new clothes and you can get the size below. Cant wait to get down to my goal!:scale:
Good luck all for those joining this week.

Lou

Hi Tishtosh,

Like you I have chosen not to tell all and sundry about my decision to do LL. For me it is a private decision and I have no desire to draw attention to myself. I can remember once when I was a bit overweight (after the birth of my last child and just before an underactive thyroid was diagnosed) and a work colleague suggested that I diet and that he and the rest of the team would sponsor me!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I was beside myself with indignation - he may as well have put his hand up my skirt!!!

I have told a couple of friends and my husband and children know but that is all.

About 3 weeks ago I had a family occasion and rather than 'do the soup thing' I had some poached salmon with lettuce leaves (no dressing). Nobody paid any attention and I still lost 3lbs that week.

I think it's best to gauge each situation and work out which is more important - to remain abstinent or to retain your privacy.

Good luck.

Thanks FP,
I'm glad I'm not the only one wanting to keep this to myself.
I know exactly what you mean about that guy at work - cheek of him!! Is there such a thing as fattism? Oh I can just imagine how close he got to a black eye :)

Hi Everyone!
Well done Eileen for losing a stone in 2 weeks, your clothes are going to fall off you in no time. Hope your weigh in goes well tonigth, keep us informed!
Hi Louise, you have a fantastic weightloss in 4 weeks, what day do you have your weigh in? Hope to talk to you some more.
And hi Tishtosh, no, you didn't bore us, I can so understand your fears about going away. I just hope that your friend will in the end understand and support you in your decision to not eat. My gut feeling would be to really try and stay away from eating any food (run and hide from it if need be). I am facing this problem in August when I will go and see my dad for a holiday (he doesn't know yet I am on this diet) and I would just fear that if I go and have some food, even just one healthy meal in the evening, that I would find it impossible to go back on just LL. Just try and don't let this fear spoil your stay with your friend. (any chance of discussing this with LLC and group tomorrow?)
My biggest test so far was in my first week, when we had a picnick with lots of people, and of course everyone offered me biscuits, cakes etc. Especially hard as one lady had a birthday, and I just had to tell her that I was doing LL otherwise she probably would have been offended. Luckily she was quite supportive of it and stopped offering me food.
Oh BTW, I went into Evans today and bought myself a pair of size 18 !! jogging bottoms (I started as a size 22/24), I know they're stretchy but even so!!!
Looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow. Take care everyone

im back from my weigh in & a bit dissapointed i lost 2 pounds, i know 16 in 3 weeks is more than i would have lost with other diets, but i just thought it would be more.Im not feeling well so i think im feeling sorry for myself.Good luck everyone.

Catching up

Hi Eileen,
Don't be disappointed as you said you've lost 16lb in 3 weeks; that's well over a stone and well on your way to getting to where you want to be. I know it's hard sometimes when others seem to lose more than you but just think on the weeks you do well someone else will be doing less well than you. Just think of what you might say to them if they asked you.....
Look forward Eileen you've done brilliantly so far and you'll do it girl.:hug99:

Juliankno,:eek:
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm sure I won't eat anything apart from the packs as I'm determined this time. However the long term social (or non social) aspect of LL is beginning to hit home and I'm trying to verbalise my way of getting to grips with it I suppose.
Anyway new week now - 4th weigh in tonight and off to my friend's in the morning. Hope the weather's better there than London!
Have a good day all

thanks trish, im thinking straight again im back on track in my mind, i know i can do this, thanks for your support it means a lot.

Keep going ... you can do it!

Hi Eileen , my tip to you is dont look at the weekly losses just concentrate on how far you have come, thats hy I have resisted the temptation to record my individual losses on my ticker just what I have done to date. I think it stops me comparing with other people and getting despondent.
You have done brilliantly so far so dont fret it will come off next week!
Love and hugs keep strong hun

Back