Starting LL in May

Well done everyone for losing this week:clap:
I ended my last weigh in on a high, I lost 5 lbs and so managed to smash my goal of losing 4st in foundation.
For me it feels like the journey now really starts, I went home last night after what was a very good meeting and somehow felt really lost. I just wanted to raide the fridge, eat the leftovers of the dinner, and basically just be done with it. I did eat a spoonful of the curry sauce and some cheese before challenging the voices in my head. I am sooooo pleased that I managed to stop there and then and 5 minutes later I was fine again, just imagine how I would have felt if I had given in... It is all a learning experience. This could have been the onset of a mega binge but I managed to control it and possibly not do any damage at all to my weightloss, I must have obviously learned and changed my behaviour in the last 100 days.
I feel very motivated again this morning and am even looking forward to the new challenge...

trish, my understanding was that everyone gets their before and after pictures at the end of the 100 days, as that is the time we initially committed ourselves, but maybe it is at the discretion (sp) of your counsellor. Everyone in our group loved to see their pictures and they are so shocking/motivating at the same time. We all passed them around as we were so pleased with our results and the differences are truly amazing. Maybe if you really want yours done your LLC can make an exception for you. No reason why she can't do a picture now and one at the end of your journey.

Now for some serious new goalsetting to keep me focused

Hi Julia,

Big drum roll - out of foundation, 4 stone lighter and a change in behaviour around food - can't get much better than that eh?

Well done and I'll have a chat with my LLC.

We got our before photos the second week & will have our after photos done next week.Well done Julia on losing 5 pounds thats fantastic.Well done Trish on losing 3 pounds thats fantastic too.Im having a strange day today im feeling a a bit fed up im freezing cold & feel hungry i dont know why, i know im not going too eat just weird.Im going too make my sons lunch then go for a walk i think that will help.

Hi Eileen,

I bet you'll have quite a big loss this week as it sounds as if you're deep in ketosis - cold and hungry, so drink lots of water and good idea to go out for a walk too.
Good luck - you have a lovely holiday ahead of you and looks like the weather will be good too .....

I'm feeling a bit nothing this week too - is it because we're going into development and it's a bit of an anticlimax? Don't know ....

I think you could be right trish,we only went for a short walk as my sons friend came too call for him.Im going too get on with the ironing soon, ill be glad when thats out of the way.Ill put some music on that should get me going.It feels like the calm before the storm, ive a lot too do but its too soon too do it.

You seem so organised - I'm always trying to pack half an hour before running out the door!
I've just had a sort out of my wardrobe - into maybes (I can wear), bin and e-bay (though I can't do e-bay yet!), and I have almost 2 bags for the recycling bin, one wardrobe absolutely crammed with e-bay stuff and a little corner of stuff I can still wear. Felt good to sort it really .... How's the ironing? Fancy doing mine? :)

I'm getting my before and after picture next week, quite looking forward to it - I can't see the weight I've lost that much and so I'm hoping that'll really help.

My stomach is very noisy today I'm sat at work and keep typing extra loud to try and cover up the noise!

I'm doing well so far though it's like the first few of weeks on LL so far I've had 2.5 litres and get to at least the 3 by 4pm, then I'm off for my after photo and chat with the counsellor.

I hated sparkling water before this diet but now tesco value sparkiling water (2L for 17p!) mixed with the water flavouring is lovely. I'm also getting into quite a routine with 2 shakes mixed in the morning then the other 2 later on. So going well, maybe I needed the break to get my head round it again and back in the right frame of mind.

Helen

Hi Ladies,
I'm in week 11, and daren't ask at group,
do you use the elastic band and the ball thing, I have to confess I haven't even unwrapped them or played the first DVD yet.
I'm not really big into exercise, wish I was.

Thanks

Well I didn't use the band at all, my group just started week 13. We only just got our balls as apprently some were recalled for safety after our instructor had already forgotten to bring them to class since week 9. I do have an exercise ball anyway but haven't used it much - I enjoy going to classes at the gym much more so I still get exercise just not with the support materials! I find the classes much more social and motivating and once at the gym I ususally get a good workout. I do think its harder working out at home - its too easy to just sit and watch the TV instead!

Thanks for that Kerrie, your post conjured up all sorts of visions as to what could be faulty about an exercise ball - exploding, giving you a sinking feeling??
I don't really have much room at home, so I think I will pass on the band and the ball, we got our balls 2 weeks ago, so ours were probably the same dodgy batch.

Me and my group aren't sure whether it was just a cover for perhaps forgetting to order them! Probably they were just dodgy plastic!

That reminds me we had a locum consellor one week, ours was on holiday, she kept saying remember the lemon. Eventually we had to say to her "What lemon?", a fridge magnet we should have had in week 1 - never did get that, the story there was - out of stock.

Are there any more goodies at week 13, we seem to get them week 1, 4, 9 so anything to look forward to in 2 weeks?

Welcome to the May group Icycold and Kerrie,

I think there are a few inconsistencies with LL- and it's probably up to the individuality of each counsellor. I hadn't heard of the lemon before you mentioned it icy so news to me. I use the arm band things now and then but although I've blown up the ball I must confess to not using it yet either - lazy I know.

I'm onto week 2 of development tomorrow (week 1 was just a chat as there were only 3 of us there). We're joining another group so a little apprehensive as you get quite tight with your group don't you think?

All for now and make sure you all post your weightlosses

Have a good week all you May losers! :D

Hi all my first 'proper' week of Development tonight. Only 2 of us I think from the foundation group going in to it. Get my before and after pix (hopefully) so quite excited about that!! If I do will bring them into work to get scanned tomorrow and show off!! - if they're decent! I don't photograph well.

Not done very well realyl this week - on Friday OH went out and for some reason I binged I wasn't hungry and didn't particularly liek anything I had I think it was more af a rebelling against ... something - not sure what.

Hardly eaten any packs again, now have well over 250 sat in my cupboard - am quite close to stopping the classes and just loing the rest of the weight myself at home but at the same time I [STRIKE]want[/STRIKE] need to get down to that size 14 and complete the whole programme and go and get weighed in the future to make sure I kepe at that weight. But the money is starting to get an issue - if I'd have sold my house would've been fine but at the moment the spending we did when we 'sold' it first time around is catching up with us!! Not good!!

My plan to get back on track (again) is to put allt he packs I have at the moment in the cupboard in a box and take them to my parent's and then start afresh with the 28 from tonight so OH can keep an eye on them and make sure I'm not missing any.

My development class is at 6pm so will stay at work until around 5.45 and walk up to it. A bit nervous as new people but I think they'll only be about 5 of us so not too bad.

Re bands and ball: I used my bands a couple of times when I first got them and no clue where the ball is!! Keep tidying things away for viewings and never seeing them again!

How does everyone find development? I have to say that when I first looked into LL I thought 14 weeks with out food it wasn't until I found this site that I realsied it was 14 +++++ but feel that it's all doable - foundation proved that so shouldn't be too bad.

Sorry if this is very rambly I'm a bit tired!

Helen

Good luck Helen,

I'm sure you'll get on with the others just fine - but I know what you mean about the apprehension.

Have you done a thought record on your 'binge'? You might get some insight into why it happened which will help in the future.

Looking forward to hearing your results ....

Hi Trish and Helen,

thanks for the welcome, it seems pretty unanimous that no-one uses the ball. So I'll leave it in it's bag, it will take up less room that way.

Developemnt is a scary thought, but we've all come so far, further than I thought I would make it.

We have lost 5 of our original 12, already, fallen by the way side. Of the 7 left, we are generally missing 2 a week at the moment on holidays, but they are a nice crowd, our night at the moment is Wednesday, but it will be Monday for the development. I think 2 will go straight into Management, 1 of our ladies goes to her holiday home for a few months starting September, so hopefully there will be 4 of us going to development together.

Helen when you have finished management, you'll never have to buy another pack, you will be able to have one a day for lunch for years, so at least your maintenance will be cheap, LOL.

Hope your classes go Ok

Andi

Welcome to the May thread Icycold
I am another May starter who has gone into development now. 5 of us will continue with development. One will go into management and the rest (4) has vanished throughout Foundation. Well done for coming so far and doing so well!!

I will have my first development meeting tonight at 9. I will not be able to stay for the actual meeting, as I am going away on holiday tomorrow and we have to get up at 4.30am, so I will just get weighed and get my packs. Shame really, but I think I will need the sleep more than the meeting and no doubt there is always some last minute things to be done.
I am nervous about going away so early on in my development journey, as I have found this week a real struggle, which literally began the minute I came home from my last foundation meeting. How about you other development starters?? I feel generally tired, worn out and even hungry at times, which I haven't really felt like before??? Probably not helped by the ever so slight splashes of milk in my coffees, but at least no major slip ups (trying to look at the bright side here...)
I will try and post my weigh in results from holiday, and to keep up to date with what's going on. Hope everyone is having a good week!!!

Hello everyone (fellow May LLs!) I am only losing 1-2lb in development and this week i did not lose anything at all! I have been sticking to this plan 100% from day 1 but I have been excercising lots so not sure if that's whats doing! I guess as we have all being done so well so far it's natural for our bodies to slow down a bit....as i see it it's better off even by 1lb than on by 1lb but it can disheartning. I am also really obsessed about ending up with lots of lose skin at the end of this programme! Anyway good luck everyone keep going we are doing really well!!

Mad!

Lost 4 stone 7lbs in Foundation

Development
Week 1 - 2
Week 2 - 0 :(

Hi Mad,

And welcome to the May forum. And hey what a good result on foundation!! Well done. I think we all have highs and lows on LL and my LLC tells me to look at the overall weight loss over a month and I'll see that overall I'll have had a good loss. I was complaining of slowing down one week and the following week I had a huge 8 pound loss - so she was right. You'll also have your good week soon. If you stick to the diet you have to lose ....

I went to the first of an integrated (2 sets of foundationers into one set of developers) session last night and met the new people. It was strange as they were all straggling in at various times, and we spent almost 45/50 mins on the weigh in and just 10 mins introducing ourselves to each other and discussing what we've learnt about ourselves since starting LL. A bit of a non-starter really but the good news is I lost 5lbs and I'm now in the 13 stones - first time in 12 years!!

Another plus for me was having a normal blood pressure when I had my GP check this week. Having been threatened with a lot of medication to lower my BP in April when it was 190/100, I was delighted it was 125/75! My risk of stroke is now lots less now - which I'm extremely pleased about.

Going to a wedding reception tomorrow evening and I bought myself a nice size 18 pair of trousers to go with my snazzy top - hoping my family will notice a little difference in size and shape.

Well that's all my news for this week.

Good luck to everyone and hope your session went well Julia.

xx

Back