Starting LL in May

ok so since monday (apart from a piece of cabbage - and I mean one piece) I've been back on 100% although the water issue is hard again but it's more that I forget rather than I can't manage them!!

got on my scales this morning and I was 12.13 - I know this was first thing and underwear but hey it was great motivation and I'm now really excited and looking forward to Tuesday's weigh in!!

Just have to keep my resolve over the weekend, I've told my fiance that I'm back on it and he's really pleased and is going to make sure I stick to it!

It's strange it was like a lightbulb moment just as I was leaving the group on tuesday and chatting to the LLC and another member and it was said about glycogen being put back on and so any weight gained would be that mainly and so would come of quickly again and I reaslied that although I havne't put on any weight my losses have slowed down so I asked, if I've lost 2lb and been eating is it likely tha tI 've in fact list 4 lbs and gained to glycogen from eating and she said yes - and I realised what ketosis actually was and meant!! bout bloody time 3 weeks into development!! She also said if I get back on track then it should be a good weightloss next week.

Hope everyone is well and losing tonnes!!

Helen

Last edited:
Hi,
3.1 lbs gone this week, and another friend, she had gone to management,
Management runs straight after development, so there is a quick 5 minute catch up, at change over she has decided to leave, she has the books, (big blue one by the looks of it, instead of the yukky lime green) and will go it alone.
How are you doing TishTosh? Welldone on getting under 13 pbfhpunk. It's great when you get down another BMI, and a real boost when you get down another stone marker.
Good news about the soups as well, I was only saying this week at group, having been put off early doors from the Thai Chilli I've never even tried one of them, so I've ordered one for next week. The only comments I got was that it had bits in it?? Oh well it's a change to chicken.
All the best

Andi

Hello fellow May LL.....does anyone know if we can have more than two bars a day....i know they say no because it can make you go to the loo etc but apart from that are there any other reasons? It would just make my life a bit easier if i could have two a day?

Hope you are all well and enjoying the glorious sunshine...well done for all we have achieved so far and keep going!

Mad x

Hi,
I thought it was because they had more fat in them.
That probably comes down to the same thing, more fat, more trips to the loo?
I didn't think they would actually sell you more than 7 in a week.
I would think you would be OK if you didn't do it everyday, - well you couldn't could you? if you only get 7 in a week. I think one of our group confessed to doing that, and it didn't seem to interfere with her weight loss.
Are you going away?, is that why it would be easier?

Hi Icey cold...well i have decided that maybe one bar a day is the best way although it's hard...yeah i've got one final big thing this year to get through then i can chill. Basically i have had bbqs (when it was sunny back in june lol) peoples birthdays, works do's, hen do's and a wedding last weekend to get through. The final thing is a work thing in portugal we are hosting a golf event there in september for charity luxury hotel etc....so needed something to get me through and i thought two bars a day would do it. But the more i think about it the more i realise i am just using the bars as 'comfort' or a 'crux' which is not good!....anyhoo i have made it this far will perseve forward!

Mad

Lost 4 stone 7lbs in foundation

Development

WK 1 - 4lb :D
Wk2 - 0lb :(
WK3 - 6lb :D
Wk4 - 6lb :D

Hi Mad,
I think you've done really well to get through "the do's" you have done already. I dread them, but I've been lucky so far when I actually get there, people haven't paid as much attention to what I am doing as I thought they would.
The bars are convenient, it's not as if you have to run off and make a shake or 'mash' a soup, at least you are planning how to get through the event. Should be nice hot weather, will help you get down your water, and skimpy clothes to show off your new stunning figure. Get ready for all the compliments. Hee! Hee!

OH HELL YES!!! back on track!! Loat 5lbs last night, am soooooooooooooooooo pleased!! I'm in the 12s officially!! 3lbs off losing 4 stone, I know it was mainly glycogen loss so I'm not expecting it every week but it was so nice to see !!

I'm using far too many '!!' but that's how I feel!!

Hope you're all doing really well.

Helen

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

woohoo pbfhpunk!! thats brillant!!
:bliss::bliss::wow::wow:

im sure it was a really good boost for your motivation as well. congrats!!

Well done pbfhpunk, so pleased for you.
It's always a great boost when you pass another stone or a BMI marker,
and wow! less than one stone to go
Great going.

Hi Maystarters!
Wow, you have been busy posting while I was away. I had a great time and managed to lose 2lbs during my holidays (I have posted all the details in another thread).
wow, Eileen, a belated well done for your holiday efforts!!!
yes i did eat but this time it was different i was in control i made healthly choices like sea food & salads & chicken.It felt really good i didnt eat every day just when i felt like it, now i feel more relaxed about food, thats something i was dreding when i finish ll.Now i feel confident.
I know how you feel, I too feel a bit more relaxed now about the time after LL, having been able to eat very sensibly and healthily while away, and to my surprise not having been temped as much as I thought I would be by my old trigger foods, saying that I know it will still be hard work, but I am not scared of it anymore.
Well done everyone on losing, and sticking with development, it can be hard at the best of times.
Tish, how are you??? sorry to read that you had a rough time lately, I really hope you are better now, please let us know how you're getting on.
So here is to another week, only 5 more lbs until I am "only" overweight, yipeeh...

Welcome back Julia.Well done on losing 2 pounds, i wonder how many holidays you have come back from & lost weight, i know i havent untill this last time, it just shows it can be done.

Oh lord what am I doing! I need a swift kick in the derriere!

I did so well last week back on track losing 5 then this week I've eaten crap! and stayed the same still that is better than gaining but it means I've only lost a stone in the last 8 weeks and that's not on! I used to lose 3-6 lbs a week so need to get back on sticking to it 100%. So far today I've had one bar and half a litre of water! I might come and update everytime I have a pack or a litre just so I keep focussed.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

We talked about goals last night and mine is to be a size 14 and in management by 1st November, that is totally feasable as I'm now in size 16s -well I would be if I brought any it's more like I've got 18s falling off me!! Then that would mean I was just coming off management a few weeks before my wedding and then I can have some packs and healthy eating to maintain - good job I'm not going to be in NY too long before the wedding day otherwise it's possible I'd end up putting it all back on in a few days!!

Helen

:whip:!!! (Be a good girl from now on Helen!!!)
Can I please have a good kicking in return!!!! Just like you I have messed around this week and am not really looking forward to tonight's weigh in. I am always so motivated after a meeting but Mondays (the last two consecutive ones) seem to be my downfall. I am trying to use these as learning experiences and really find out what triggers my mindless putting food in my mouth. I know on the last occasion it was basically tiredness, my kids moaning at the food and me thinking "no way am I going to throw this fish away if the kids don't eat it" and pop, it went into my mouth and then the rest of the fillet from the pan as well. And I had to fight myself all day yesterday not to put anything in my mouth and failed in the end, also not as dramatically as on Monday.

I think for me it might be time to really rethink how to cook/prepare food for the rest of the family for the next couple of months, as the lure of it is getting bigger everyday. My dilemma is that I don't want to start feeding them rubbish just so I am not tempted to nibble but I need to definitely steer away from foods that I know I am not willing to waste (like a good piece of fish).

I am still in two minds about my final target. I am probably a size 14-16 at the moment and would love to be a size 12, which probably means another 2stones to lose. AND I want to be in management before December. So there are a few targets I can achieve if I would only do this 100% again.

when are you going to NY and are you going to do lots of clothes shopping there???

Let's try day by day to stay 100% and by next week those scales will move down again! (how have you done so far today??) I already had a milky coffee but determined to stop this habit once all my kids are back at school tomorrow

Julia :( today not so good! had some chocolate cornflake thing and a packet of strawberry starburst and just had dinner salmon en croute and veg. I felt like crap last night and today, major headache.

I'm actually getting married in NY on 1st Feb at the Empire State building, I've jsut been saying to OH that I'm going to do the majority of my clothes shopping there rather than buy stuff here.

I don't know why it's so hard at the moment, I think maybe becaus eI always thought it would be 100 days without food, it was only when I found this site I realised it was the 100 days plus development plus RTM!

I'm having a corset made to wear under my wedding dress as it's a prom dress so not boned, and I think I'll be starting with the measuring and fitting for that in November so I need to be at my goal so I don't know why I'm doing the self sabotaging thing.

I might take atrip into town at the weekend and try some size 16s on just to get a bit more motivation, I need to buy some, feeling those trousers getting looser will be a real motivation for me I think, as currently my size 18s are falling off me!!

Will log on as often as possible tomorrow and we can motivate each other to stick to it I need geeing up with my water intake too!

Good luck everyone for operation BOT (back on track!!)

Helen

Helen

hi guys, please keep going get your books out & have a look at some of the things you did with your conseller during development.Keep thinking of all those wonderful clothes you can buy.:)

This self sabotage thing is very strange indeed. I think once the damage is done it's a lot more difficult to get back into sole-sourcing, as the body will start craving all the foods again, worse if we get ourselves out of ketosis as the hunger returns. I think this is why I was thinking all day about food, food nothing but food. I was actually feeling hungry (probably thanks to my salmon on Monday night) and was planning a binge all day in my head. Really struggling to reason with my adult self as to why that's not a good idea.

Just came home from my meeting, and am 2lbs lighter. Obviously pleased but also unhappy about it, as this will fuel my voices telling me "you can get away with a bit of cheating", especially as I was still in ketosis.

I don't know what advice to give to you, as I don't know myself why this seems to be getting harder by the day at the moment. Despite still having had a foodpack left to eat, I went straight to the fridge and had some cheese. I am learning though not to beat myself up too much about it and to stop myself while the damage can still be limited, which gives hope for the future. Still, I will have to get a grip on this as I think it's silly for me to be forking out that amount of money and then not doing it properly.

I have one goal for this coming week, to be 100%, that includes no milk whatsoever in any coffes, teas etc, as I still think this is where it all started to go slightly wrong for me.

that aside, I think shopping for new clothes will be a great tonic for your motivation,as you will really see the difference the last few months have made to your body, and wow, getting married on the Empire State Building!!! That is something to look forward to.

It's going to be a new day tomorrow, let's approach it positively and keep each other motivated. Let's start with "just" tomorrow and not worry about the days after that.

Thanks Eileen!
We must have just crossed posts, and yes, I forgot to mention about the book. I have actually started going through bits of my foundation book again, and that together with lots of flavoured water have seen me through this afternoon. I just have to find my motivation again to nip those mindless put-something-in-your-mouth-without-thinking moments in the butt...

Hello all,
Just thought I'd say hi as I've been having a bad couple of weeks and have gained 7lbs .... started back on abstinence on Tuesday and I hope to continue.
My saboutageing came the day after having rave feedback from family and people at a wedding. I felt on cloud nine - until I woke the next day - and the chatterbox started and I remember thinking 'let's get this in perspective - I'm still fat' and it plummetted from there.
Wishing you all a good week and well done Eileen and Julia and Helen you'll be back on track soon. Take Eileen's advice. Sorry if I left anyone out ....

Back