Starting my slim and save journey 1st jan 2014 if the pack arrives by then...

Rite my luvly ladies of minimins need some advice :) tho i sort of know wht i know what to just need second opinion: Ma ops manager has said coz iv improved on my calls she willl try n put me down on part time hours 3 til 6 mon to fri and saturday n sun ninne till five n then durin the day get sum work in the hr department on a voluntary basis...i sed wud love her forever n also if for wteva reasons the part time hrs finish she willl put me on sumthing else....:) so do u think a pay cut wil b worthwhile gainin xperience in hr plz plz sum one or evey one help me on this :) thankuu xxx the onli shitty thing wud be me losing out on weekends :( and b wrkin pretty much ervyday of the week....part voluntary n part paid....bt least wil see fam weekends n evenings my social life may b put on hold a bit bt nt a sdoe iv gta bf atm nehuuu to keep me busy lol xx

Im also thinkin if for wateva reason she js gives me the part time hrs n no hr voluntary ezperience i then will have the daytime free to mayb work for anothr org on a boluntary basis for bit?? Yes no? I dno loolz money is q big element for me lol bt hmm yh ne advice xx

Rite my luvly ladies of minimins need some advice :) tho i sort of know wht i know what to just need second opinion: Ma ops manager has said coz iv improved on my calls she willl try n put me down on part time hours 3 til 6 mon to fri and saturday n sun ninne till five n then durin the day get sum work in the hr department on a voluntary basis...i sed wud love her forever n also if for wteva reasons the part time hrs finish she willl put me on sumthing else....:) so do u think a pay cut wil b worthwhile gainin xperience in hr plz plz sum one or evey one help me on this :) thankuu xxx the onli shitty thing wud be me losing out on weekends :( and b wrkin pretty much ervyday of the week....part voluntary n part paid....bt least wil see fam weekends n evenings my social life may b put on hold a bit bt nt a sdoe iv gta bf atm nehuuu to keep me busy lol xx
I think it's great that you have got the opportunity to get some work experience. I would definitely give it a go. I wouldn't worry about the money. I think it will generally take care of itself if you are following what you really want to do. I would be a bit worried that they would let you work without a day off in the week as that is the law and I wouldn't underestimate the toll it would take on you to not have a day a week at least to yourself. If it was for a short time then I think you could definitely give it a go but long term I think you would struggle. See what they can offer once she has spoken to them and see if there is an opportunity to have one day off a week. In an ideal world you would be able to work 3 or 4 days a week and then volunteer for 1 or 2 but it's still a good opportunity and it may be that you have compromise your spare time for a while in order to get a full time HR job later on. Perhaps one that will support you to do the further studying that you want. It is exciting and I can't imagine any employer - let alone a call centre - putting themselves out like that if they hadn't been impressed by your attitude. So that's really positive too.

Hope that's helpful and not too rambling.

I think it's great that you have got the opportunity to get some work experience. I would definitely give it a go. I wouldn't worry about the money. I think it will generally take care of itself if you are following what you really want to do. I would be a bit worried that they would let you work without a day off in the week as that is the law and I wouldn't underestimate the toll it would take on you to not have a day a week at least to yourself. If it was for a short time then I think you could definitely give it a go but long term I think you would struggle. See what they can offer once she has spoken to them and see if there is an opportunity to have one day off a week. In an ideal world you would be able to work 3 or 4 days a week and then volunteer for 1 or 2 but it's still a good opportunity and it may be that you have compromise your spare time for a while in order to get a full time HR job later on. Perhaps one that will support you to do the further studying that you want. It is exciting and I can't imagine any employer - let alone a call centre - putting themselves out like that if they hadn't been impressed by your attitude. So that's really positive too. Hope that's helpful and not too rambling.
Noo clin ur not rambling at all....i dnt think ne of u guys ramble hence y asked for ur advice...well she said tomorrow she will tell me about the working paid hours and then next will got a meeting with hr for them to talk to me about the voluntary bit....yh i am hoping tht they will gimi least one day off on the weekend coz dnt think will be able to do seven days a week either lol paid or voluntary lol or think will die haha...will talk to her about n dnt think will seem too fussy or picky if do ask her for one day off in the week....coz i kno atm the current part timers are working six til nine mon to fri n nine til five sat to sunday so they have the day durin the week to do what they wnt...n adds to 29 hrs.... So will have to see what they sed...she sed wont b much b like filing, shadowin that kind of thing but even that is better then nothing n my studying it is literally two days in may or one day in may n one day in june n then the rest is independent studyingg.....if u can leme kno asap wt i shud say to her in regards to a day off if she doesnt offer tht to me...will talk to her abt the hrs abt 2.30 pm tmorrow or end of the wrkin day at six....so if u can leme kno wt to say before then i will feel bit prepared thankuu clin xxx
Yeah i was reli suprised coz she did say she will see if i improve ma calls so thrt she wudv waited least a week or two before she sed owt to me or thrt i wudv had to nag her bit more loolz coz i sat down with her wen she sed im underperforming on ma calls and went thru ma possible options wich was wrk part time hrs n do hr voluntary one or two days a weeek...or listen to live calls durin my lunch for me to listen to improve and then think the other option was for me to leave bt to leave the time they replace me so they not one person short and the other option was mayb she cud put me on another campaign if im nt working to her standards lol so was reli suprised she sed iv improved calls since the talk on monday and tht cud i do part time though she dint mention what hrs she sed she wil tel me tomorrow and wud i luv her forever if she arranged it n tht she wud leme kno wen she does...so was reli suprised wen she told me end of the day wen i went to ask her if she wud put me on part time even if she cudnt find ne time for me to do hr for her to say its alredy sorted n they wna yalk to me nx week n she wud tel me wt paid hrs im doin tomorrow....i dont want to lose out on too many paid hrs coz then cud impact my expenses so ne help on tht matter wud b bril clin thankuu xxxx hugzz. N ne one else for tht matterx

Last edited:
I would be inclined to say how you are incredibly grateful for the opportunity and you really want to do it. But just say you want to continue giving your best, improving your calls and making sure that you give something back in your HR placement, so in an ideal world you would want to have a rest day each week if possible. If you ask as a question and say is there any room for negotiation on that then they can only say yes or no. I think it's proactive and sensible.

Don't worry about the filing and shadowing - that's how we all started. It's amazing with a curious mind what you can pick up from that. It'll be an interesting experience in the call centre environment, if it's anything at all like the one on the telly. I just sit watching that through my fingers saying - thank goodness I'm not his HR manager!!

Thanku kira and clin...right have made a thought out decision will be off plan but strictly low carbing till monday morning and for ma cuxinx bday on ninth wil js b stickin to protein and salad n fish bludy buffet of all places ?? bt if dnt go then she will have a face on going to stick to simplicity when on plan no xtras determined to lose ne gain not even veg js gna double up two mral packs and two shakes tgether at different times of the day and fill up on water n lettuce as an xtra mothing more....can and wiilll doo this just nt going to think abt the scales till like a week or two down the line coz dont want to be demotibated....going to continue as late as end of may or beginnin of june....as long as it tkes reli to get to goal...wt wit the paycut priority is month s n s simplicity and wax legs bikini eyebrows once a month and go out once a month too for a weekeen going to stay awya frm outside food n ne xtra finances...this is my action plan hopefully this will help me stay on the rite track.....gnaget nail done his month as a one off js wna try acrylics nails coz nva tried them before xxx

Thnku lou i missed tooo..., day one of offivisl simplicity restsrt tmo..,,and squats...bte i missed a delivery they sed its at the depot last friday will they dtill keep ot there by tues or wat do they do? Did mt get the chance to ting them up n ask thrm to ssve till tues ;( help?!? Xx mt gping to weigh myself tmoro mrning too scared to lol hoing to wait two weeks of plAn nrgote weighing. Xxmpt going to do anything other then soups shakes porrdge and jelly so thdn wont b tempted yo use veg or yogurt then. Going to invest in a 1.5 ltr bottle going to fill it up twice a day to get the three litres dwn me bring it on grrrr xx

Day one of restart: bring it on!!! My packs wud post office keep it til tomorow if misssed a delivery on frisay? Ne one? X

Morning Priya, I don't think they are delivered by post office as S&S use it's own courier (certainly where I am). May be worth calling them to check on when they re deliver. Have a great day 1

Morning Priya, I don't think they are delivered by post office as S&S use it's own courier (certainly where I am). May be worth calling them to check on when they re deliver. Have a great day 1

Oh no dint order frm snd hun was frm a seller lol. C

K i am officially relii pissed off at maself need ketosis ffs...ryt iv decided gna fast for few days before resumin bk on plan cz its reli mt wrking for me at all dno wtf is rong with me :mad:@@@

Have decided to lemon detox nx few days n nt bring ne money to wrk with me sowing be tempted to buy food the lemon detox is the kik up the bum n then resume bk on plan on sunday xx

I'm confused? (Easily done) have you ordered SnS from eBay as opposed to directly from SnS site? Is that why delivery is delayed? Even low carbing or doing takin will help you to get into ketosis in the meantime especially if detoxing is hard which I imagine it is! Not for the faint hearted and I don't think I could do it unless it was induced by a bout of illness!

Really admire ire you for keeping up the fighting attitude and that's why you will get there in spite of the odd delay here and there. Xx

I'm confused? (Easily done) have you ordered SnS from eBay as opposed to directly from SnS site? Is that why delivery is delayed? Even low carbing or doing takin will help you to get into ketosis in the meantime especially if detoxing is hard which I imagine it is! Not for the faint hearted and I don't think I could do it unless it was induced by a bout of illness! Really admire ire you for keeping up the fighting attitude and that's why you will get there in spite of the odd delay here and there. Xx
Lool yh ordered not frm sns directly.,,,detoxing starts frm tmo till sunday b bk on plan then...,i will b smaller by end of may even if it kills me...js feel reli fat n bloated avin had a week off plan it scares me as to hw i will b when maintaining wen at goal :( xx i have to go xtreme for me to get bk in the zone hehe or else wil b even more difficult lol cx

You will do it and I wish your post would give me the mental push I need to get back in the zone but it's always the getting going which can be soooo hard. I will try though!

Back