Starting out advice

Curlygurl

Hey folks.

Am hoping someone here can help me. I'm doing Lighter Life and in abstinence at the moment. Am keen to get into a good steady exercise routing now, so that by the time I come back into the world of food, it has already become a habit.

My friend is teaching me to swim, so am committed to one lesson a week with her. I try and get out for a good brisk walk at least 3 times a week. Am planning on doing a couple of aqua-aerobics classes, and one pilates/stability class every week. Is this realistic while I'm getting so few calories?

I'm brimming with enthusiasm at the moment, and am worried that I'll do myself a mischief and out myself off. Have 2 stone left to lose, but to be honest, it's less about the weight and more about the inches.

If you stick to Lighter Life, then the weight and inches will come off.

They don't recommend too much exercise (other than walking) because you're only getting the bare minimum calories needed to survive (500 cals).

I'd just get your pedometer out for the walking, and have fun/learn to swim in the pool.

From memory there's no way I would have wanted to exercise whilst doing LL but that's just my opinion

It depends what your body is used to. I've always been active, so during abstince I am still running (only max 30 mins at a time) I do pilates once a week and I do endurance riding - which means I ride for about 3-4 hours in competion on a Sunday and about 3-4 hours during the course of a week.

LL recommend no heavy weights during SS and gentle exercise, so what I'd do is build it up slowly over the weeks. Maybe do one thing the first week, two the next, three the next and see how you feel. Your body will soon tell you!

Back