Starting the Gi Diet

thanks
i'm sure you'll do fine!!!
Good Luck :)

Woohoo, well done on the 4lbs off since Christmas!!

Welcome Laurenista! Foods looking good! Keep up the good work!

Well done, Lauren. Fantastic achievement. :)

Thanks everyone!!

I've accomplished a lot today!! Finished my assignments for university and managed not to have a stress relieving alcoholic drink!!! Instead I did 45mins of Zumba and 10mins of yoga :)

But I'm not feeling well at all now... Stomach pains and I've been up able to eat since lunch time I am not a happy bunny!!!!

Starting to feel better now but unfortunately all I have had since lunch is water and 200ml of orange juice

Oh well I'm sure it'll be okay tho!!

Good stuff on such a positive day. Well done on resisting the alcohol. In weightloss mode you really do better if you can avoid alcohol. Boo to the tummy being off. As long as you have had plenty of fluids you won't come to harm.
Have a decent breakfast in the morning to stave off any recovery munchies!!

Just found this fab quote!!!
It'll motivate and make you giggle too

Attachments

• image-1992321434.jpg
    image-1992321434.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 43
Nice quote. You're up early to be finding quotes. :p

I'm an early bird lol have to get a good breakfast before the gym!!

Good quote :)

Good on you going to the gym on a Saturday morning! I wish I had your motivation.

It looks like a nice day here today (well it's not wet and windy for once), so I think that I'll take the dog for a long walk and leave DH to look after the kids for an hour or so.

Btw, congrats on your weightloss so far! You're on a roll!

Thanks guys
At the gym found my old weight card from November was surprised to see I'd dropped about 4kgs since then!!! Fab
I'm on a high so think I'll stick some music on and do the house work!!
Need a quick snack first....
What to have

Meals for the day
B-multigrain toast with mushrooms, shallots, parsley and topped with a poached egg
S-orange and cashews
L- more mushrooms on a whole meal English muffins with cheese on top
S-light ice cream with frozen berries
D- lamb cutlet with mint sauce, sweet potato, peas, cauliflower and onion

The ice cream I was a bit dubious about but it's in the 12 week plan in my low GI book so I thought why not and it's only 1 scoop

Food today sounds really yummy! Don't worry about the ice cream as it falls into the 80/20 rule, and it's a weekend too:) You have to enjoy things in life too, and this is what's so great about low GL, it's very forgiving. It's about moderation and nothing is off limits, just we shouldn't eat it everyday all day long :)

Looks like a good day! :) I will often pick ice cream if having dessert 'out' although the focus of different authors seems to change what they recommend! Some say the more fat the better to slow digestion of the sugars, others prefer low fat. Whatever works for you, I think, and as you say it's only one scoop! :)

Despite eating ice cream I am under my calorie limit on MFP and I can't seem to hit it at all!!
I'm eating good size portions not to large or small and I'm not feeling hungry very often still eating 3 meals a day plus 2 or more snack and I can't reach it :/

Back