Starting the Gi Diet

Today has been good and bad
B- strawberries and chopped nectarine topped with yoghurt and muesli
S- orange juice and a babybel
L- avocado, sliced tomato and lean bacon on multigrain toast
S- went a bit OTT on some lovely ice cream (paying for it now the spike in blood sugar has knocked me for six and I feel very sick)
D- (if I'm feeling well enough) lamb kebabs with hummus, tabbouleh salad and flat bread

Positives
Lost another 1lb
8:30 gym session
Not buying in any bad food when I went food shopping and sticking to the foods I needed for my meal plan

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Your food sounds yummy, mmmm kebabs. Sorry to hear that you got sick from the sugar spike, I hate when that happens. I know eating certain foods causes me to feel sick since I started doing low GL.

Couldn't face the kebab tonight so I've decided to have it for lunch tomorrow.

Great job Lauren. Well deserved to dance around the room!! Woohoo in the 9stones!!!!

Had my first early start at uni today and feel it went pretty well! Had breaky before leaving the house and took my 750ml water bottle for the morning as I only had a short day. Didn't feel the need to snack till after my first lecture at 11 It probably was a bit long to wait but eating while learning basic life support is probably frowned up :D. I didn't over eat or indulge so that was good
Just tucking into lunch then I'll go to the gym. Don't like going this late but I'm working out around 6 times a week and don't want to get out of routine

so today is looking like this...i'll write dinner on as i may fall asleep early because its been a long day lol

B-Multigrain toast with peanut butter
S-Homemade apricot and almond cookie (yummy)
L- Last nights Lamb Kebab and Tabbouleh salad
S- An Apple and Some Peanuts in shells (monkey nuts)
D- Making a Canelloni with spinach and ricotta (a side salad to accompany)

Doubt i'll eat mucuh more but i'll let you know if I do

Positives
Not feeling the need to have an extra snack at Uni
Going to the gym after Uni
Walking the dog for 45mins before it got dark
not crying because my hands a frozen and hurting while im typing this

Wow the gym and walking the dog for 45 minutes! You're really trucking! That's really great, you'll lose pounds quickly :)

Food looks good, the apricot and almond cookie sounds yummy. Please share the recipe with me :)

Well the scales say another 1lb off again so I'm at my initial goal of 7lbs off now going to set another goal for the last 12lbs off by easter!! Hopefully won't have much of a weight dip and it will keep just chipping off :)

Congratulations on the weightloss! Wow you're really knocking off those pounds! Keep up the great work and I know you'll lose your weight by your goal date :)

Fab job on another loss this week. You are really finding this suits you well. Good for you!

Today's food looks like this
B- Bran flakes and sultanas in skimmed milk
S- Ginger oat biscuits x3
L- Ham and babybel light sandwich in a multiseed bun with carrot tomatoes and rocket
S- fruit salad with low fat natural yoghurt
D- haddock with sweet potato wedges and carrots and peas (thought I'd keep it easy for tonight not as extravagant as normal)
Possibly have a mint choc nakd bar later

Achievements
Had a good old clear out of my baggy size 14s and now my wardrobe is empty (I'll have to restock hehe)
Upped my jog speed on the treadmill
Haven't given into a craving yet even though it's totm
And I'm another 1lb lighter :)

Extensive list today it's been a good one

To add to yesterday's I had a choc bar yesterday but only ate half which is about 3 squares (amazing for me as it was a Cadbury caramel bar that had been in the fridge and was all lovely and solid... My fave! And I used to eat chocolate to the ton most days)

Forgot to say thanks guys for the support!
I am finding this diet just fits with me better then any other has!

Ohhh Cadbury caramel bar, and in the fridge mmmmm yummy! I would have had a hard time putting it down.

Isn't it a really wonderful feeling to clear out all the old now baggy clothes? I know I enjoyed clearing out my closet:)

It was hard going but I just thought about the half pound that might put back on me if inhaled all in one
Dinner was lovely and I'm now relaxing with my kindle as I've been volunteering as a play therapist tonight need to chill

i've just been thinking about inispirations and what we are all striving for and it got me thinking about mine

Kim Kardashian

Attachments

• inspiration 2.jpg
    inspiration 2.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 49
Well done on your weight loss!

skerry said:
Well done on your weight loss!

Thanks skerry

My old trousers from my first nursing placement!!! Farrrr to big now

Attachments

• image-871927103.jpg
    image-871927103.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 27
Great motivation when your old clothes are too baggy!! Enjoy the feeling!

Back