Starting the Gi Diet

Cali when I find one I will happily lend it to you all!!
Rest of the days like this
S- wholegrain slice of toast with thin layer of nutella
D- Mexican bean tacos with lettuce and grated Edam (yummmmmmmmy)

Probably won't eat anymore as I'm stuffed like a turkey on Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi guys just wondering if you could take the time to visit www.helpingtaylan.co.uk

I volunteer helping Taylan an autistic boy who is following the son-rise programme created in the autism treatment centre of America. His family are trying to raise money to take him for an intensive week long course at the centre in America
The site will tell you all about Taylan and his playroom/playmates and what son-rise is and why it is so important to Taylan and his development

Here is today's plan
B- eat natural peanut, almond and honey bar and a coffee (skim milk)
S- red grapes and almonds
L- multiseed bread with light Philly tomatoes and lettuce
S- dried apricots and cashews
D- chicken and homemade special fried rice

Will be doing Zumba later about 45mins and probably some yoga on my wii

Haven't written for yesterday
It was a fab gl day despite going out on a night out

B- porridge with fruit and nut mix (made with water)
L- red pepper hummus with celery, carrot and multigrain crackers for dipping and a salad of rocket leaves and tomato. Satsuma
S- banana and oat biscuits with a tbsp of peanut butter
D- left over chicken and prawn special fried rice
When out in the bars I drank 1 large glass of rose and then stuck to slimline tonic

So pretty good all round really!!!!

Food looks good, and I think you did great for being out:) Mmmm your fried rice sounds yummy!

Another bad day after i was so good yesterday
So decided to cook some low GI sweet snacks so i can nibble them if tempted! I've stocked up on hummus and veg sticks, nuts, nakd bars, eat natural snack bars, peanut butter, lots of fruit and veggies an my usual stock for my meal plan
I'm determined to stay pretty much on plan till feb 17th when I'm going to Leeds to visit a friend and may just have to eat mindfully rater then totally stick low GI!
I have to do this for myself and now people are noticing its making me feel like all my hard work is showing and I want it to keep going so that's my plan!!!
I know we all have bad weeks I cannot really explain why I did it because I didn't enjoy it but I've come to the conclusion that it's done and gone. Tomorrow is a new day and time for a new start!
Good luck for the week and thanks for the support

I love your attitude :) You're doing great, and you're right about tomorrow beinga new day. Don't let a few slip ups get to you. It's always a new day tomorrow, and GL isn't about completely banning certain foods.

Keep up the good work!

Good luck this week Lauren, sounds like you've got a great mindset and how nice that people are noticing the results of your efforts! :)

Thank you plum and Cali
It is a good feeling when people compliment me tho sometimes I get into a bad mindset thro it (think in slightly strange lol)

I have started the day off really well
Did 45 mins cardio at the gym and burnt 438 calories (but mind you I sweat buckets for that)

Ill write my food at the end of the day got a long afternoon of being a student nurse ahead!!! Hopefully not too boring or I will day dream about food again!!!

I know what you mean, sometimes compliments or even a good loss derail me. Dunno why!

Hope your day has gone well!

My food for today has gone really well...and I'm so pleased!!!!
B- wholegrain toast with peanut butter
S- apricot and almond cookie and a small banana
L- bowl of homemade veg broth and slice of wholegrain bread
S- pistachios in shells
D-( is going to be) grilled lamb with a sweet potato salad
S- (I'll see if I'm hungry)

Drinks have been- 1 coffee home brewed, water, herbal teas and cranberry slimline tonic water.

Thanks plum
I love them too don't know why but they taste like a treat!!!

They do, don't they? And if they're in the shells then it takes AGES and all that fiddling to eat them which to me makes them seem more satisfying too. Silly eh! :)

Definitely!!! I always get peanuts in shells too they take hours to get into so I eat them really slow and feel full very quickly!!

I feel I haven't eaten loads today but I'm full and satisfied i only managed 1 slice of toast for breakfast it wasn't me stoping myself I just couldn't fit it in!!! Weird how eating slower and mindfully makes you realise how much your body really needs

Just wanted to say I'm feeling slightly friendless on MFP so here's my name if you want to add me Laurenista
Thanks

Oh darn, I accidently hit some button and it took me away from this page, so I lost all that I wrote:( I'm clumsy.

Food looks good! I wish it was easier to find nuts in shells here. I really like them, as I find they're fun to eat, and I do eat much less of them. So far most Swedes aren't into snacking on nuts as we do back home. Most nuts are used in baking.

Hey ladies hope I find you all well tonight

So today has been full of temptation but i resisted it all!
It started out with the uni girls going to subway!! The sandwiches for me totally easy to resist but the nachos and cookies are a different matter. So whole they ordered I popped to the newsagents and bought a bottle of water.
The next temptation came when I went to a team meeting where I volunteer and the person with his parents put a buffet of pizza, wedges, tortillas, dips and cakes. I was starving as I hadn't had a chance to get home for food but I resisted knowing that my mum was at home following my meal plan and cooking some lovely salmon!!!!
Now I'm at my boyfriends a house full of chocolate, biscuits and crisp and they are all skinny minis without trying to be!!!! I've brought a nakd bar invade I feel the need but I may not get hungry so might not need it!

Today's food....
B- porridge made with half skimmed milk half water and a home brew coffee
S- muesli slice and an apple
L- wholemeal pitta with hummus, lettuce and tomato
S- sunflower seeds, dried apricots and raisin mix
D- salmon fillet, sweet potato mash, broccoli, roast onion and tomato

Hi ladies hope I find you all well this evening
Today had been full of temptations and I managed to resist them all.
1. All my uni friends going to subway for lunch!! I can't say I particularly like subway sandwiches but undo enjoy the nachos. Avoided by going to the newsagents for a bottle of water
2. The buffet of pizza, garlic bread, tortilla, dips, biscuits and cakes served at my team meeting! I was hungry and it smelt amazing but I powered through with the thought that my mum had offered to cook the meal I had planned in my week menu
3. I'm currently at my boyfriends house which couldn't have anymore unhealthy food in it!!! Chocolate, sweets and crisps plus more... But I've brought a nakd bar to avoid snacking on preservatives and foods that will cause a spike in my blood sugar.

Menu for today went like this...
B- porridge (half skimmed milk, half water) and a home brewed coffee
S- homemade muesli slice and apple
L- wholemeal pitta filled with red pepper hummus, lettuce leaves and tomato
S- mix of sunflower seeds, raisins and dried apricot
D- salmon fillet, sweet potato mash, broccoli, spinach and roast tomatoes and onions
(possible nakd bar if hungry)

All in all be a fab day and I do not regret missing out on one thing seen as all I've seen people do all day is over eat and constantly feel hungry :)

Back