Starting today - advice please!

annajo

Hello - I'm starting exante today and I have around 28lb to lose! Although I'm really determined at this moment ( 5 hours in .....!!!!) I am worried about how to deal with the hunger in the first few days. Also, I know that in the run up to Christmas, like most people, I have various social events booked which include restaurant meals and parties. How should I deal with these ? Are there certain foods I should try and stick to? I'm assuming I should stick to proteins, ie meat, fish, etc with no sauces. Also what about alcohol - I'm assuming that's a no no, but if I have, say a glass of wine during a social event, would this make a massive hole in my progress? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you

Not so much a hole in your progress as make you very ill. Alcohol whilst in ketosis is dangerous.

As for meals out etc like you said protein and some veggies.

Drink plenty of water and keep yourself occupied to try and get round the hunger.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hi - thanks for your reply. I didn't realise alcohol would actually be dangerous. There's a good reason for avoiding it! I have bought some of the water flavours, which are really nice and I'm aiming to carry one around with me as I hate plain water.

Hi annajo, I'm on day 1 too! Got 21lbs to lose. So far today I have been very determined but I am hungry! Hoping this week goes fast so we get into ketosis and that Should help the hunger pains!
My baby is 15weeks old, she's my second and I'm struggling this time to lose the weight.

I have my works Xmas night out in 3weeks, my plan is to either have coke zero if they have it, if not then just water. My meal which is already paid for I'm going to ask for the turkey and veg with no gravy. Not very exciting but it's only 1day!

Good luck to you :) x

Hi Mummyof2kiddies ! Thanks for your post. How's your second day going? I'm not feeling too hungry, but will be ready for something to eat when I get home from work! I've been drinking lots of water with the Exante drink flavourings - I really like those as I hate plain water! I'm also pleased to see that we can drink soda water as I love that.

I've done all the usual diets before, Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Atkins, calorie counting, etc but have never done a VLCD before. I'm really hoping the ketosis kicks in quickly as I know my willpower is very poor!

Congratulations on your new baby, by the way. It must be tough having to cook proper meals whilst you're doing this diet. My husband is trying to do this diet with me as he needs to lose a stone or so and my children are grown up and have left home, so at least I don't have the temptation of cooking food for others!

Anyway good luck with it.

Hi Anna, day 2 isn't going too bad! I have been hungry I won't lie. We're not much apart in what we want to lose!
Being at home all day on maternity is going to be difficult not to pick on things but so far I haven't slipped once!
Evenings are my downfall tho so today I only ate half my bar and I've kept the other half to have later on with a cup if tea to satisfy my evening cravings!

I'm not very good with other calorie controlled diets, I can never think of what to cook/eat so tend not to eat much then go on a huge binge as I'm starving! So doing something like this is going to be better for me!

Thanks for the congrats, i lost the weight much quicker with my son but its being stubborn this time!

Hope your doing ok today
Kelly x

Back