Starting today - argh!!!

Beckymac

Any advice for a newbie? I'm really nervous, got 2 young kids, I just wish I could not have to look at nice food for a few days but not possible!!!

Focus today on why you are doing this. Why you want to get to your goal. Write it all down. Put it somewhere prominent and read it often. Consider if you really struggle with cravings looking at some theories to overcome them that can assist you. It does work, no doubt about that, but I know myself and from reading many stories from others, that listening to your craving voice can and does wreck things, if you can recognise that it is just an opinion and not a fact, you can learn how to ignore that voice. Mine has tried to convince me many times over that I will keel over without sugar, I must have a piece of bread or the world will stop turning, and if I refuse a piece of cake nobody will ever talk to me again :)

Thanks, thats good advice. I'm halfway through day 1, trying to keep busy but doing a lot of clock watching and obsessing about my next meal. Have to say I like Bouillon, I feel like I'm drinking a cup a soup - great!! Kids mealtimes hard tho :)

Back