Starting tommorrow - Any tips??

GirlyChick

On a mission
Hi guys,
I did lipotrim a couple of years ago and lost 100lbs for charity so I had really good motivation at the time. Sadly most of the weight has crept back on and I have had a couple of attempts to get back on LT but with little success. I am giving exante a try and have the 1 week mixed box to try the different flavours. Hoping I can stick at it this time. I have to get my fat backside on a skinny bike by the end of May :eek:

Hi Toni, welcome to the Exante family. The first few days are the hardest but after that it is fairly straight forward.
The best tips I can give you are; use this forum (daily if poss.),drink as much water as you can and keep focus on the reason you want to lose the weight.
I am also wanting to get back into my leathers and onto the back of our bike!
Good luck!

I'm on week 2, this time, and not nearly as experienced as other posters, but maybe a better memory of week 1 :) and I've read some great tips on this site that I'm repeating.

1. Drink lots. Have a glass of water in every room. Sip water constantly. Fill up every jug and coffe pot you have with 2 - 3 litres of water and line them up in the kitchen. Know that you have to drink the lot each day. (and you can't use them to make your shakes). I taper off by about 5pm so I don't wake in the middle of the night. If you don't like water then use the allowed flavourings - see their website.

2. Use the first week to decide which flavours and packs work for you. What keeps you sustained the longest? I get too hungry too soon after one of the bars. Which ones do you like? If you hate something, don't get discouraged - this week is just research. I sweeten the shakes as they aren't sweet enough for me. If you hate them all, remember your tastebuds will change.

3. Remember the first week is the toughest. Mentally you are temporarily giving up food - and none of us would be here if our relationship with food was easy. Physically, your body is getting used to a different kind of fuel, your stomach is getting used to smaller amounts, and "down below" you are getting used to both those things. Remember it does get easier.

4. Keep regular. Use what works for you. Consider adding extra soluble fibre to each shake, or psyllium (sp?) husk in water. Don't let things build up for too long. It makes you feel rancid. Ask the chemist for suggestions about tablets. Personally, I take a couple of dulcoease every day.

5. Look at the success stories here and on their website and believe that you can do it too.

6. If you must use ketostix, do it first thing in the morning. If you are drinking enough water ketones probably won't show up later in the day.

7. Be prepared for nausea & headache (for me days 2 & 3) Know that this will pass. Take painkillers only with your shakes to protect your stomach lining.

8. Have a realistic goal for timescale. Remember that the first week or so you are losing water as well as fat. Don't get discouraged if you don't repeat the same figures later on.

9. Keep making lots of ice. Warm shakes are gross!

10. Space out the shakes. Maybe split them for 6 mini-meals. Save enough for late in the day. Better to be hungry during the day (when you can drink something instead and distract yourself) rather than laying awake and hungry in bed at night. The hunger is supposed to drop once your body gets used to it.

Good luck!

Weighed myself this morning and I'm 3lbs heavier than I thought I was :cry:probably because I had lots of treats knowing I was starting TFR today so its my own fault. Anyway the good news is had a delicious cappacinno for breakfast (vanilla shake with a good heap of coffee) and have downed 3 pints of water so so far so good and looking forward to a delicious soup for lunch ;)

GirlyChick said:
Weighed myself this morning and I'm 3lbs heavier than I thought I was :cry:probably because I had lots of treats knowing I was starting TFR today so its my own fault. Anyway the good news is had a delicious cappacinno for breakfast (vanilla shake with a good heap of coffee) and have downed 3 pints of water so so far so good and looking forward to a delicious soup for lunch ;)

Hey girly chick, you started your day 1 then? How you getting on? X

heeeey, how u feelin??? my tips for u wud be, drink lots, stay focus and try to keep ur self busy, for me i get hungry when im bored and thats why i love coming on here and posting and reading keeps me distracted...because as well i live on my own, i literally have very lil food in the house, so that helps me as well!! :D good luck n hope day 1s good 4 u xx

Well pretty much the end of day 1 and its gone really well. Not felt hungry at all. Had the mushroom soup for lunch and the Thai chicken soup for tea and both were surprisingly good, much better than the LT chicken soup. I,ve been peeing for England though, :) forgot about that side effect. Looking forward to day 2 :)

Well done for getting through the 1st day, that was the hardest for me. I went to bed soooo early with a terrible headache even after taking paracetamol. When I woke up on day 2 the headache was still there but by the afternoon I was feeling so much better. I feel fine now I am on day 5, I not hungry I just have to keep fighting with the urge to eat.
Good luck for tomorrow

Not finding it too bad really....but I know its early days. Woke with more of a thick head feeling (nothing new on a Sunday morning there) rather than a proper headache. Had the choc shake hot with a good spoon of coffee in and that did the trick x

GirlyChick said:
Not finding it too bad really....but I know its early days. Woke with more of a thick head feeling (nothing new on a Sunday morning there) rather than a proper headache. Had the choc shake hot with a good spoon of coffee in and that did the trick x

Mmmm u had the shake hot? Was that nice? Does it turn out like a hot choc? X

It was really good. I made up the shake with cold water first and then topped up with hot. It was so chocolatey had to make it up to a full pint :)

GirlyChick said:
It was really good. I made up the shake with cold water first and then topped up with hot. It was so chocolatey had to make it up to a full pint :)

Mmmm now there's an idea! :) just may have to try that myself. Glad you're doing good, 2nd day was hard for me but I'm feeling positive and generally lots better today, keep it up xx

Glad to hear that :D Just keeping myself as busy as possible but just very close shave with a 2 day old piece of pizza in the fridge :eek: How did that get there!!
Tried one of the bars for lunch and wasn't that keen, left a bit of a greasy coating in my mouth so think I will probably stick to the shakes and soups xx

Hi Toni. I remember you doing Lipotrim a while ago. I'm back again too. Good luck and glad it's going well so far. Stick at it!

Hi MiniB,
I remember you too x Hope everything going well. Are you doing exante? This is day3 for me and so far so good. Finding the variety much better than LT xx

Yeah back on exante, find it tastier than LT and cheaper too!! Into week 9 for me and been totally 100% up to now, plan on keeping that up too!!

I agree loads more variety and havn,t had anything that I didn,t like yet. Only on day 3 but good so far xx

Good luck with your first week x

Thanks nic, is it your first week too. How's it going. Good luck to you too xx

Back