Starting Tomorrow 16/07/12 - 5 1/2 Weeks To A New Me!

Haha don't feel bad I thought it was a funny username.

So I'm coming to the end of my offical day 1. It's been really hard, I've been so hungry but I went to the gym like a good girl and worked my butt off and have come home and had a soup. God how annoying are the soups to blend! It was a lumpy mess :/

Fingers crossed for a good result this week. Ideally I'd love to lose 7lb by Saturday as I have my dress, hair and make up trial...

Official Day 2 Today...
Feeling ok so far, although it is only 8.30am, not feeling hungry at all yet which is good as I was starving when I went to bed last night.
I've brought the tomato soup with me to work, but worried stirring it in a cup with a spoon isnt going to help get rid of the lumps... oh well it will have to be lumpy soup! lol

Hope everyone else is feeling ok, have a great day!

I actually prefer it lumpy as when it's mixed with a blender it gets this disgusting foamy layer on top - yuck!!!

Hope you have a good day!

Sarah x

Well done I made it through day 1, just.... I had to go shopping for the wife while she was at her step class and I hadn't had my soup yet and I was ravenous. I very nearly bought myself something to eat and even got all the way to the till with it when I changed my mind and thought it would be a waste to ruin what had been a good first day so I went and put it back and felt rather proud of myself.

Day two is going quite well so far and I don't feel too hungry so hopefully it'll be a slightly easier day. I'm not looking forward to the weekend though because that is when I really struggle with staying on this diet.

I find it works best using a hand whisk and putting the water in a mixing bowl first then slowly add the contents of the pouch of soup while you're vigorously blending the water. I don't get any lumps doing it this way. What do you think of the soups, I like all of them but I'm really not keen on the tomato and basil so it tend to just drink it down as quick as possible.

It is such an odd colour isn't it!!! I had it at work yesterday and people kept asking what it was! Thank goodness it doesn't taste as odd as it looks!

Sarah x

Well done I made it through day 1, just.... I had to go shopping for the wife while she was at her step class and I hadn't had my soup yet and I was ravenous. I very nearly bought myself something to eat and even got all the way to the till with it when I changed my mind and thought it would be a waste to ruin what had been a good first day so I went and put it back and felt rather proud of myself.

Wow, well done! That is brilliant and you should be mega proud of yourself, not giving in like that and going shopping whilst feeling starving it the worst thing! Really well done!!!! I hope Im that strong when it comes to my food shop on the weekend.

Couldnt agree more about weekends, and evenings too for me. I just try to keep busy and not think about it.

Work can sometimes be difficult as office workers seem to love cake!! God and when you are on healthy food/diets, is it more of do your senses improve dramatically, because I swear I can smell cakes a mile away!!

Well today I had the tomato and basil soup and actually preferred this to the thai chicken, but then I dont think I mixed it properly yesterday, maybe thats why... today I just crushed the lumps with my spoon and it seemed to work!
Good thinking about the whisk but I might get some funny looks doing all that work, especially as I try to not hide it, but not advertise it if you know what I mean...

Oh yes, I agree! I looked at it and thought this is going to be disgusting but the flavour was very nice! I had to explain to my colleague too lol he thinks im bonkers! (but thats because he eats cakes all day and is super skinny grrrr)

Hope you're getting on ok.. Today is my 2nd day felt lightheaded this morning but much better after my lunch time shake...
I brought lemon green tea and was looking forward to having that with my bar this evening, but had been told to stay away from that tea :-(

Here if you need a exante newbie buddy

Day two for me....I'm doing ok, only had a shake today, I have a bar and shake to go but find the bars are hard to eat, they have a funny after taste!! Should have bought all shakes :( never mind, will have to eat them whilst holding my nose!

So is only pure green tea allowed? No flavoured ones? X

Hey you guys! Nice to you hear from my Day 2 buddies!

Yes Ive heard that also, anything with citrus in of any kind should be avoided as it kicks you out of ketosis...? Also with fizzy drinks, you can only have certain ones that have malic acid and not the other one... I have no idea! lol Im just trying to avoid anything Im unsure of. So definitely only green leaf teas (pure green, nettle, peppermint etc...) Tbh Im just living on black coffee and water!

Wow thats impressive only having had one shake so far today... Ive had two products already and will not doubt be starving later on this evening.
Aww what a shame I really like the bars! I try and make them last as long as possible as its the only solid thing we eat... x

Ah yes, avoid lactic acid, I remember from Cambridge diet!! I have been having a little skimmed milk in my tea...I just can't seem to get through the day without...I shall need to start weaning myself off it.

It's soooo hard going...doesn't help having to cook tea for the other half and kids. Temptation!!

You seem to be getting on great...the lightheadedness should pass soon, I had it a little earlier too. Looking forward to hopping on the scales tomorrow morning - that should hopefully help me to keep at it x

Ok I'll knock the lemon green tea on the head... I do like black coffee so I'll stick to that, you never guess what, I.ve only forgotten to bloody weigh myself !!!! What a plonker !!! I don't know my start weight and this is my second day, oh I'll have to go get weighed in the morning.
Thank heavens for those bars....yummy and big I'm so impressed with them unlike the mushroom shake errrrrrrrrrr yuck!! Thai chicken not bad, and I like banana and strawberry shakes...
Is the porridge any good???was thinking about getting some.

I'm glad there are others on day 2
Hope you've had good days today :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I know its super tough having to cook normal meals for the children, but luckily OH is trying to be "healthy" too so isnt eating normal food in front of me.
Ive had light-headedness today too, Im hoping this is a sign things are working... Im going to have a sneaky peak in the morning to see how Ive got on!

Lol oops! Make sure you weigh yourself tomorrow as Im sure it must start straight away, missing one day or so should be ok though.
I havent tried to porridge, only choc shake, the bars and tomato and the chicken soup and all seem to be quite yummy so far. The shakes are super thick and smooth compared to others Ive tried in the past so am pleased with them!

Day 2 has gone ok so far im just sooooooooooooooooo hungry all the time, I cannot stand being hungry grrrr - please ketosis, hurry up!!!x

How does ketosis work?? I can't understand if I'm still eating a bar how my body will go into ketosis...

Everything is against me getting weighed, I got held up last night so I couldn't go, then this morning I went into tesco were they have one of those fancy machines and it wasn't working....
So I'll have to waiting now till lunchtime and go to the boots one in town.

Hope days 3 buddies are all doing ok :)

The reason why ketosis still works by having a bar is because even though they contain carbs the amounts of carbs you will consume over the whole day by having a shake and a soup as well isn't enough to stop your body coming out of ketosis. You can only have one bar a day though because any more than that and it's likely to take you out of ketosis. It might be worth getting some Ketostix / Reagent strips that diabetics use to measure glucose levels etc because you can then test yourself to see if you're in ketosis.

Well my day two was an absolute disaster!! I've managed to get a chesty cough and every single chesty cough medicine I've looked at contains citric acid and glucose (sugar) so it will stop me going into ketosis which really annoyed me last night and I ended up having a sandwich which annoyed me even more but I need to try and shift the cough ASAP so it doesn't affect me going to the gym. I've decided I'll carry on with the diet as normal and write yesterday off because even if it takes me longer to go into ketosis I should still lose some weight due to the vastly reduced calories and going to the gym. Hopefully I'll be in ketosis by next Monday if I finish having my medicine today and my weigh in is every two weeks so I should have lost between now and next Sunday.

Keep up the good work everyone you're doing really well.

Good Morning Day 3 buddy, oh no, how annoying!! Are you able to buy some scales for home? I find being able to use mine whenever needed is a motivator if Ive had a really tough day or wake up feeling starving I weigh myself and its spurs me on (obviously because they are going down...) :D

I was reading on ketosis last night, seeing how long it takes and symptoms etc, I found it quite interesting and wonder if I could replace one of the meals for like a tin of tuna which is higher protein, lower carbs and I know will fill me up... as Im still so so hungry this morning. I cannot stand being hungry!! Grrrrrr

Oh dear Fatty Bom Bom, thats just typical isnt it! All you need right now... :( I had a really bad chesty cough about a month or so ago and could only shift it with stuff from docs, but youre right all the medicines are full of sugar!! I wouldnt exercise if youre ill, it will take longer to shift. I would just take it as easy as possible and try and be as good as possible, but you need to rest to shift it as quickly as possible so you can get back on it 100%! Dont worry about the sandwich, just forget about it and carry on!!

I read somewhere that those sticks may not work as on this we are only in a mild state of ketosis, unlike Atkins etc where you are having only around 20 carbs a day, on this we are having a much higher amount around 60 ish a day so they may not work...?!?!

Hope everyone has a good Day 3 today!!! :)

Back