Starting Tomorrow 16/07/12 - 5 1/2 Weeks To A New Me!

I'm gonna weigh myself every 30 days, I know this sounds crazy but I don't want to get fixated on weigh ins. My main aim is to get to a size 14/16, the doc says I've about 5-6 stone to lose but that seems crazy, I'm 6 foot and I would look like a bean pole..
So I'm just gonna be chilled out about this diet, still to 100% daily don't cheat and see where it gets me :)

Day 3...is it going quickly for you? I've got a headache today :-(

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

No, its definitely not going quickly!!! Haha, being on this diet (and I found the same when I was on Cambridge) every day drags like hell, almost like its making me suffer as it feels like Im starving for a lot longer than 24hrs each day lol ( ok maybe 16 once I take away the 8hrs sleep). Honestly though I feel starving from morning to night every day and even did on Cambridge, so its super tough to stick to as I dont even not feel hungry!

Doesnt sounds crazy, you do whatever feels best for you. Everyone is different so if that works for you then great! And you are so right people can get obsessed with the weigh ins (im one of them as i weigh everyday!) but that works for me as keeps me motivated!

Oh no, headache, boooo! Ive not suffered with them as yet, but they are a sign of ketosis so, although annoying, see it as a sign youre in ketosis and therefore burning fat, woohoo!!
I would suggest tackling 1 stone at a time and see how you feel. You will soon know what weight youre happy with when you reach it.

Sleeping pills to sleep your way through it, cor that would be amazing wake up slimmer :) sorry your days are dragging,are you trying to keep busy? Just had the Tom soup, not bad at all I was dreading it.

So I've been weighed, I thought this is the heaviest I've ever been, not weighed myself in a long long time and I was glad to see I was almost a stone and a half lighter that I thought i was, so turns out I'm not the heaviest I've ever been :)

Now.....off to get rid of this bloomin headache, hope today speeds up for you, drink drink drink to fill you up. Not vodka tho just water :)

No, its definitely not going quickly!!! Haha, being on this diet (and I found the same when I was on Cambridge) every day drags like hell, almost like its making me suffer as it feels like Im starving for a lot longer than 24hrs each day lol ( ok maybe 16 once I take away the 8hrs sleep). Honestly though I feel starving from morning to night every day and even did on Cambridge, so its super tough to stick to as I dont even not feel hungry!

Doesnt sounds crazy, you do whatever feels best for you. Everyone is different so if that works for you then great! And you are so right people can get obsessed with the weigh ins (im one of them as i weigh everyday!) but that works for me as keeps me motivated!

Oh no, headache, boooo! Ive not suffered with them as yet, but they are a sign of ketosis so, although annoying, see it as a sign youre in ketosis and therefore burning fat, woohoo!!
I would suggest tackling 1 stone at a time and see how you feel. You will soon know what weight youre happy with when you reach it.

Hiya,
I know what you mean about being hungry all the time but I'm on day 9 now and the only times I feel hungry are when I get home from work (6:30ish) and lunchtime aka NOW!!! Am having two shakes today instead of shake and soup as am avoiding the canteen at work because the girls are getting *****y about my diet and continually trying to topple me by offering me bread and other nice things - grrrrr! I have to say having the soup at lunch normally fills me up possibly because it takes me so long to finish it.
We all have to keep plodding on though as it works and it will be worth it! I know what you mean about time dragging though - never felt like there were too many hours in the day till now!!!

Sarah x

Hiya,
I know what you mean about being hungry all the time but I'm on day 9 now and the only times I feel hungry are when I get home from work (6:30ish) and lunchtime aka NOW!!! Am having two shakes today instead of shake and soup as am avoiding the canteen at work because the girls are getting *****y about my diet and continually trying to topple me by offering me bread and other nice things - grrrrr! I have to say having the soup at lunch normally fills me up possibly because it takes me so long to finish it.
We all have to keep plodding on though as it works and it will be worth it! I know what you mean about time dragging though - never felt like there were too many hours in the day till now!!!

Sarah x

Well done for avoiding people like that, to be hones they're just being ***** because they are jealous and wish they had they guts to persevere with something like this diet. The first time I done it this diet I found that the hunger got easier the longer I was on it.

Keep up the good work :)

Oh dear Fatty Bom Bom, thats just typical isnt it! All you need right now... :( I had a really bad chesty cough about a month or so ago and could only shift it with stuff from docs, but youre right all the medicines are full of sugar!! I wouldnt exercise if youre ill, it will take longer to shift. I would just take it as easy as possible and try and be as good as possible, but you need to rest to shift it as quickly as possible so you can get back on it 100%! Dont worry about the sandwich, just forget about it and carry on!!

I read somewhere that those sticks may not work as on this we are only in a mild state of ketosis, unlike Atkins etc where you are having only around 20 carbs a day, on this we are having a much higher amount around 60 ish a day so they may not work...?!?!

Hope everyone has a good Day 3 today!!! :)

I used the sticks when I first done the diet and they do work but like you say it shows that you are in a mild state of ketosis and I used them once a week to make sure that everything was going as it should.

This cough is doing my head in but it does feel like it's getting better now I've been having the medicine all day so fingers crossed I'll be able to get back on it 100% tomorrow.

How are you feeling now you're half way through day three?

Oh Sarah your colleagues are so mean! They should be supporting you with this, not offering you bad things, like bread! Its so tough to be on this normally, let alone being teased aswell... Well done for staying strong and good on your for just avoiding the temptation now!

Totally agree about the soup, I find having it at lunchtime fills me up also, even though the lumps drive me mad!! haha

Yep, if ever you want time to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaag then go on this diet because it seems time slows down ridiculously!!

Hope you've had a good day, other than to mean girlies x

Sleeping pills to sleep your way through it, cor that would be amazing wake up slimmer :) sorry your days are dragging,are you trying to keep busy? Just had the Tom soup, not bad at all I was dreading it.

So I've been weighed, I thought this is the heaviest I've ever been, not weighed myself in a long long time and I was glad to see I was almost a stone and a half lighter that I thought i was, so turns out I'm not the heaviest I've ever been :)

Now.....off to get rid of this bloomin headache, hope today speeds up for you, drink drink drink to fill you up. Not vodka tho just water :)

Excellent news about the weight!! Well done!! Surely that must make you happier and spur you on to keep going, especially when the journey ahead is now shorter :)

Oh, the headache is still persisting? Hope youve found something to ease it...

Haha, definitely water, not vodka (although you rarely see a fat alcoholic.... :D ). I drink loads of water, probably too much to be honest, always have done but even that isnt filling me up!! Im sure ketosis is just around the corner, or at least it had better bloody be!

Hope your day got better!!x

Hey Fatty Bom Bom, today hasnt been dreadful if im honest. Im off work today and tomorrow, so have been a bit concerned about not being kept busy enough but Ive not long got back in from a day of shopping and gym - retail therapy seems to help with all sorts!! lol So have just had my soup for dinner and then will have a bar soon too!

Im glad you are feeling a little better, coughs are the worst, they just seem to hang around for ages and ages, my last one a few weeks ago last about 3 wks! Fingers crossed for tomorrow, but even if you are not 100% then dont worry as you need to concentrate on getting better. No good dieting when youre ill, it just doesnt work, Ive tried it!

Hope your day 3 has been ok....!x

Hey Fatty Bom Bom, today hasnt been dreadful if im honest. Im off work today and tomorrow, so have been a bit concerned about not being kept busy enough but Ive not long got back in from a day of shopping and gym - retail therapy seems to help with all sorts!! lol So have just had my soup for dinner and then will have a bar soon too!

Im glad you are feeling a little better, coughs are the worst, they just seem to hang around for ages and ages, my last one a few weeks ago last about 3 wks! Fingers crossed for tomorrow, but even if you are not 100% then dont worry as you need to concentrate on getting better. No good dieting when youre ill, it just doesnt work, Ive tried it!

Hope your day 3 has been ok....!x

I'm feeling quite a bit better today which is great although I think I overdone the cough medicine yesterday because I was out like a light last night. Day three was ok but I'm treating today as day one again because it's like starting over because I won't be in ketosis until around Monday.

How is your day 4 going?

Why won't my headache go :-( been to docs this morning with my son and while I was there he checked my keytones and was none, so I guess I'm not in ketosis yet :-(

Hope you're all getting on ok ??

Sorry to butt in, but have you tried mixing the soup to a paste with cold water first and then slowly mixing in boiling water to thin it. I use a tiny whisk that I keep in my handbag and don't get any lumps and you can do it all in a mug without having to use bowls/jugs etc. Well done on your start and good luck. XX

Hey guys hope you're getting on ok! Sorry not been on much last two days been super busy with wedding stuff!! Will log on tomorrow for proper catch up.
Hope you're doing well still and feeling ok... Only 2 more days... :)

Hey - I've not really logged on much...im doing ok, the weight is down each morning I weigh (yay!!). I was feeling very pleased with myself for doing so well with actually sticking to the diet...and then I went shopping and overheard someone talking about the size of my backside (charming eh!?) and it really knocked me! Why are some people so cruel? I've not long had a baby so am blaming hormones for letting it get to me...:)

I hope you're doing well - I look forward to reading your next update!! Wedding planning...exciting stuff! x

Hello ladies, I hope you all had a good weekend and made the most of this gorgeous weather we've had if you down south like I am. Well my weekend was a disaster because I spent all of it feeling really rough so I just ate normal food to give myself as much energy as possible to try and get myself better for today which thankfully I do feel much better. So I've decided to count today as my day 1 because I only lost a pound last week which isn't surprising.

How is it going for you all so far?

Hey - I've not really logged on much...im doing ok, the weight is down each morning I weigh (yay!!). I was feeling very pleased with myself for doing so well with actually sticking to the diet...and then I went shopping and overheard someone talking about the size of my backside (charming eh!?) and it really knocked me! Why are some people so cruel? I've not long had a baby so am blaming hormones for letting it get to me...:)

I hope you're doing well - I look forward to reading your next update!! Wedding planning...exciting stuff! x

Hey there! Sorry ive not logged on much, the last 3 days have been super manic and as Fatty Bom Bom pointed out the weather is nice in the south, I spent all day out yesterday and kinda slipped up :( Im totally gutted and weighed myself this morning and had put on 3lb! Grrrr. Although its totally my fault, I blame the scales because they stayed the same and so I honestly woke up Sunday morning thinking "sod it!!" Will I never learn... :break_diet:

You are doing so so well to have stuck 100%, you should be really proud of yourself :) you will have a fab result on the scales tomorrow in our first weigh in!!! Dont listen to those vile people, I hate people like that, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they should keep it to themselves and think about others' feelings, god it makes me mad!! I get really upset when I hear people say horrible things about me (i remember only too well an episode that kicked off this diet, around 3 yrs ago and it was from a family member, i was so upset but didnt let them see me like that, but it will stay with me forever....) b*stards!!

I really hope your final day of the first week is going well!!! keep at it!!!!!xx

Hello ladies, I hope you all had a good weekend and made the most of this gorgeous weather we've had if you down south like I am. Well my weekend was a disaster because I spent all of it feeling really rough so I just ate normal food to give myself as much energy as possible to try and get myself better for today which thankfully I do feel much better. So I've decided to count today as my day 1 because I only lost a pound last week which isn't surprising.

How is it going for you all so far?

Hey Fatty Bom Bom!! Oh dear, thats not good, but at least you have a good reason, I well and truly fell off the wagon yesterday....

It will take time for you to feel better, so i honestly wouldnt worry about not sticking to it when you are unwell! Just get back on it when youre back to normal!!

Yes, very much enjoyed the weather thanks, rubbish being back at work when its so nice out there!!

Hope your day 7 is going ok...!!

Sorry to butt in, but have you tried mixing the soup to a paste with cold water first and then slowly mixing in boiling water to thin it. I use a tiny whisk that I keep in my handbag and don't get any lumps and you can do it all in a mug without having to use bowls/jugs etc. Well done on your start and good luck. XX

Thanks for the tip! I will go shopping for a mini whisk and see if thats better! Couldnt be much worse haha xx

Hey... How's it going? Day 6 for me. Been 100% and I'm feeling really good, the nice weather helps x

Hey Fatty Bom Bom!! Oh dear, thats not good, but at least you have a good reason, I well and truly fell off the wagon yesterday....

It will take time for you to feel better, so i honestly wouldnt worry about not sticking to it when you are unwell! Just get back on it when youre back to normal!!

Yes, very much enjoyed the weather thanks, rubbish being back at work when its so nice out there!!

Hope your day 7 is going ok...!!

I finding it really hard today, I've had a shake this morning and a bar for lunch but I feel really hungry. I have drank a lot of water is well but it hasn't seemed to have made a difference to how hungry I feel.

It should get easier by the end of the week. Hopefully...

Back