Starting tomorrow.. just a little hello!!

allibongo123

Hi all :)

My names Alli and I'm starting the 810 plan tomorrow. I have about three stone to lose so I am raring to go. Met with my consultant on Friday night, was told I shouldn't do SS as I'm a nurse. I am going on holiday for my cousins wedding in may, quite a few of us going so really don't want to feel uncomfortable on the beach. 9 weeks to go! I was told by my consultant that I wouldn't be in ketosis if I did the 810, is this correct? as I have read different things on here. I look forward to speaking to you in my hour of need some evenings :)

Alli x x

Nurses can and do do SS. But if you can cope with doing a higher plan, there's no reason for you to do it as weight loss is surprisingly similar on SS, SS+ and 810.

As for ketosis, it depends what foods you choose from the 810 plan. If you stick to the lowest carb items, like chicken, turkey, white fish and tuna, you probably will end up in ketosis. If on the other hand you have cottage cheese, chickpeas, lentils and quorn you might find that you don't.

Anyway, good luck with the plan! As a fellow Northants' resident I'll definitely be cheering you on. :)

Thank you :) Cant wait to get started now x

I had to have a little chuckle that you were told you couldn't do SS as you were a nurse. A very random interpretation on the part of you CDC. Like Lily says if it is 810 you want there really isn't much difference in losses, but if you do want to do SS you can. I am assuming she said that as it is an active job, but I am a teacher and also on my feet all day and have no problems doing SS.

A friend of mine did 810 and she had similar losses to me on SS, but she didn't get into ketosis, but saying that I don't think it was a problem for her.

Good luck.

Chlo said:
I had to have a little chuckle that you were told you couldn't do SS as you were a nurse. A very random interpretation on the part of you CDC. Like Lily says if it is 810 you want there really isn't much difference in losses, but if you do want to do SS you can. I am assuming she said that as it is an active job, but I am a teacher and also on my feet all day and have no problems doing SS.

A friend of mine did 810 and she had similar losses to me on SS, but she didn't get into ketosis, but saying that I don't think it was a problem for her.

Good luck.

my consultant did say it was a new thing she had recently heard but in the next line said I was an adult so it was up to me.. lol.
I think the small meal each day will keep me going, I am on A/L in a couple of weeks so will try SS then, if I'm in the full swing of it when I get back to work then il stay on it.

Thank you x

Im a nurse and have been on SS for 20 weeks. Actually makes eating easier and it cab be so busy I just grab my bar and go. Isn't it strange the difference in information everyone gets from different CDCs. I did start when I was on a weeks AL just incase I had all the headaches and stuff but I was fine.

Lynne - 74.5lbs down 21lbs to go... :)

Hi Alli! Iv been on ss/ss+ for 6 weeks and im a mental health nurse and work 5 12 hour shifts a week!! Thats why i mix the two dependant on how unsettled my unit is (female challenging behaviours unit) !! Its hard but worth it x

LMS said:
Im a nurse and have been on SS for 20 weeks. Actually makes eating easier and it cab be so busy I just grab my bar and go. Isn't it strange the difference in information everyone gets from different CDCs. I did start when I was on a weeks AL just incase I had all the headaches and stuff but I was fine.

That is crazy how people get told different things!! you have done so well :) well done. I'm on day 4 now and my head is pounding.. drinking water and just taken some paracetamol! xx

phaabulos said:
Hi Alli! Iv been on ss/ss+ for 6 weeks and im a mental health nurse and work 5 12 hour shifts a week!! Thats why i mix the two dependant on how unsettled my unit is (female challenging behaviours unit) !! Its hard but worth it x

That's some willpower! I actually look forward to my meal and I prefer to mix my shake with milk allowance. I think that's what's kept me going xx

That is crazy how people get told different things!! you have done so well :) well done. I'm on day 4 now and my head is pounding.. drinking water and just taken some paracetamol! xx

The first 4 days were horrific for me then I woke on day 5 feeling like a new woman so fingers crossed for you tomorrow :)

Back