Starting TS, 22/08/11 after Something finally clicked...

I havent got ketostixs yet but i know im in ketosis got bad breath and i dont feel hungry at all . well done on getting to day 3 somepeople say this is the hardest day but last time i was on exante from day 3 it was easier . Well done on your loss so far thats amazing im sure your weigh in well be very good . Im thinking of working out today see if it speeds up weight loss :D

rose1987 said:
I havent got ketostixs yet but i know im in ketosis got bad breath and i dont feel hungry at all . well done on getting to day 3 somepeople say this is the hardest day but last time i was on exante from day 3 it was easier . Well done on your loss so far thats amazing im sure your weigh in well be very good . Im thinking of working out today see if it speeds up weight loss :D

Good morning :)
How are you today? Did you manage to squeeze in some keep fit? Body aching all over today. Think i might get another workout in before work tonight. Have a super day. Let me know how you get on. Good luck with day 4 :)

Day 4: It's 5:55 am and I have no reason to be awake. But ho-hum here I am. Hubs has gone to work -7 o'clock start poor thing. The Railway never sleeps... Today I'm left to my own devices. :eek:

I feel good today (so far) as we went to cinema last night. Watched HP7 which was really good, had a few huh and wtf??? moments so I'm going to have to watch it again to get my head around it.

Shared a huge diet pepsi which tasted really good. Have never had a diet pepsi before, full fat was always my motto. Had a handful of popcorn to. :( but not enough to make me feel bad about it.

The best thing is my face "double chin" has definitely started to shrink (that's usually the first part that goes, followed by my moobs, my waist and my wrists. And they've all started getting smaller (shame about the moobs though. ;) Being fat has only got one advantage for me) ( . Y . )

AF hasn't started, which is the only concern I have at the moment. Was due on Monday but nothing so far. Could this be an effect from the diet? I'm normally on time or a couple of days early (tmi sorry). I've read that VLCD can affect periods but so quick? Haven't tested because I'd rather wait a few days longer if that's the case. Not really "planning any families right now" but I'd be deliriously happy if that was the case :D

Starting nights tonight. 1 of 4 Thurs-Sun 8pm-8am so I'm thinking of taking an extra pack to get me through my 12 hr shifts. Any advice on this welcome.

Happy Thursday to all, I hope your diets are all going well and you are all well on track and finding strength. Looking fwd to hearing of those losses soon. :)

Over and out
TT

Mamakash said:
Good luck for day 4 you are doing great . We aren't supposed to drink diet coke unless (I think ) it's asda s . Never found out why the exception so stick to coke zero . Definitely take 4 packs for emergency ! Good luck ! X

Oh really :( oops!! That will teach me! Back to day one I suppose :(
Thanx for the info

Day 4: so far so good. Bar, shake, water, bullion, soup. No headaches, no cramps or pangs, nothing bad at all. Not looking fwd to my night tonight. But everything else is A-OK! :)

Hi glad to here your doing ok . I think the difference is the acid , citric acid takes u out ketosis and malic acid does'nt . Maybe asda coke as malic acid :confused: . Keep up the good work and good luck :)

Hey TT - have just read through your diary and wanted to say congrats on doing so well - the first week really is the hardest and once ketosis arrives it gets a heck of a lot easier!

Re the diet coke - you're not back to day one at all as you've still only had 600kcals for that day so it would be impossible NOT to lose weight. Citric acid also only affects ketosis for some people - for me personally I can drink diet coke and it doesn't make any difference to ketosis or weight loss so I have one if I'm out and that's all that's on offer. You just need a bit of time to figure out what works for you, and please don't beat yourself up over tiny slip-ups (which we all have made and will continue to!) - you're only human :)

Re AF - exante does some seriously funky stuff to your cycle and quite quickly. In my 5th week I had breakthrough bleeding on the pill (which I've NEVER had in the 10+ years I've been on it) and managed to convince myself I might be pregnant due to implantation bleeding. In the end my period then came and was really heavy (much more than normal). That said, lots of people seem to fall pregnant while doing a VLCD (think all the extra vits and decent nutrition might have something to do with it, as well as the extra *ahem* bedroom energy some get while exante-ing - you've gotta do something with your time when not eating right? ;)) so it's worth keeping that in mind. My own experience is that contraception is still effective but my periods are different. Based on others' experience it seems that if you're not trying to conceive but not using protection, you can fall pregnant quite readily on a VLCD.

Phew - I'm sorry - didn't mean to end up writing such an essay!!!

Wishing you lots of luck for tomorrow, and I'll look forward to hearing about the results of your week 1 WI.

xx

scotminx said:
Hey TT - have just read through your diary and wanted to say congrats on doing so well - the first week really is the hardest and once ketosis arrives it gets a heck of a lot easier!

Re the diet coke - you're not back to day one at all as you've still only had 600kcals for that day so it would be impossible NOT to lose weight. Citric acid also only affects ketosis for some people - for me personally I can drink diet coke and it doesn't make any difference to ketosis or weight loss so I have one if I'm out and that's all that's on offer. You just need a bit of time to figure out what works for you, and please don't beat yourself up over tiny slip-ups (which we all have made and will continue to!) - you're only human :)

Re AF - exante does some seriously funky stuff to your cycle and quite quickly. In my 5th week I had breakthrough bleeding on the pill (which I've NEVER had in the 10+ years I've been on it) and managed to convince myself I might be pregnant due to implantation bleeding. In the end my period then came and was really heavy (much more than normal). That said, lots of people seem to fall pregnant while doing a VLCD (think all the extra vits and decent nutrition might have something to do with it, as well as the extra *ahem* bedroom energy some get while exante-ing - you've gotta do something with your time when not eating right? ;)) so it's worth keeping that in mind. My own experience is that contraception is still effective but my periods are different. Based on others' experience it seems that if you're not trying to conceive but not using protection, you can fall pregnant quite readily on a VLCD.

Phew - I'm sorry - didn't mean to end up writing such an essay!!!

Wishing you lots of luck for tomorrow, and I'll look forward to hearing about the results of your week 1 WI.

xx

Thank you for reading my diary and for the words of wisdom. I did feel a bit poo after reading about the diet pepsi. But I'm pretty sure I've been in Ketosis most of the time. (if I go by the symptoms- cold digits, tired as Hell, a bit delirious and happy, breath pongs like I've been eating dog food, no food cravings or hunger pangs.) I'm feeling really good. Just very very tired but I do night shift so it kills me every time anyway. It's hard when the only diet option on the menu is what you also can't have :( I think I'm doing well otherwise. Haven't had any negative feelings about not being able to eat. I think I've definitely changed perspective. Early days still but I feel confident. Been enough temptations around that I've managed to avoid. :D I find it so funny when people refer to Ketosis, and whether it's arrived, or left. Like it's some kind of secret little fairy who comes when you've been good to give you magic powers, and takes them away to punish you when you've been bad. I love it.

Thanks also for info on AF, we not planning, but I would be so happy if it was a bean. ;) I'm just a little worried that if it is, the vlcd might be harmful. I'll see how the weekend goes and then test next week. It's just very odd as I'm so regular. Been logging my cycles for 2 years now. Also, the diet side effects are making it a little confusing as I keep imagining early PG symptoms (giddy, metal mouth, tired beyond belief, stomach cramping and twitching etc - you can tell that i've done my obsessive research). Ha ha! Why do our minds take us to these places. I know I've been a little hormonally unbalanced recently (due to being a baby elephant) so who knows. Maybe the wonderful Exante has started working magic on me already.

I am hoping I make it through these 4 nights without too much trouble. 12 hrs in one go is rough! I've armed myself with an extra bar tonight, had half around 2:30, having the rest around 5. I'll then have two shakes and a soup today/tonight and a bar again for the early hours tomorrow morning and so on. Still need to figure out what works for me.

Anyhoe, enough about that. I hope you and all the other lovely ladies are doing really well to. Can't wait for next weeks to see how we all have faired. :)

Take care x
TT

rose1987 said:
Hi glad to here your doing ok . I think the difference is the acid , citric acid takes u out ketosis and malic acid does'nt . Maybe asda coke as malic acid :confused: . Keep up the good work and good luck :)

Thanks hon. It's all a bit confusing. But I'll try my best to avoid things if I don't know. I read the list of drinks we are allowed so it makes it easier. Pretty sure I've stayed in K for the past 2 days. Maybe I was lucky this time. How are you getting on?

Thanks hon. It's all a bit confusing. But I'll try my best to avoid things if I don't know. I read the list of drinks we are allowed so it makes it easier. Pretty sure I've stayed in K for the past 2 days. Maybe I was lucky this time. How are you getting on?

Hi hun , im doing well struggling a little bit last nite i just miss the taste of food but i think its becuz im stressed with my relationship at the mo and food was what i used to turn too when i couldnt cope and becuz its not there im feeling the pressure :( Ive stayed strong and havent cheated . Although i feel like ripping my hair out :cry:.
Im still in ketosis , felling cold /bad breath / bursts of energy but also tiredness . Im gonna do this we both can . :):)

rose1987 said:
Hi hun , im doing well struggling a little bit last nite i just miss the taste of food but i think its becuz im stressed with my relationship at the mo and food was what i used to turn too when i couldnt cope and becuz its not there im feeling the pressure :( Ive stayed strong and havent cheated . Although i feel like ripping my hair out :cry:.
Im still in ketosis , felling cold /bad breath / bursts of energy but also tiredness . Im gonna do this we both can . :):)

I think you are so brave for staying so strong. It's really inspirational to me that you can be so focussed on TS when the time you would falter most in the past is now. I am definitely an emotional eater and I would probably have folded by now. But hats off to you honey! I miss the taste of food but I don't miss my found chin and my fat face I had a week ago, and I'm certainly not going to miss my size 18 jeans by the end of the month. This ***** weather has also not been helping. It's real crap at the minute which is making non-comfort eating really hard. But we CAN do this. You CAN do this x

A quick catch up...

Day 5: Went really smoothly. Been doing nights so really messes up my body clock. But so far so good. Gone are those days where I would stay up all day and party till the next morning??? Who knew that sitting around for 12hrs at night could be such hard work :( anyhoe, had a strawberry shake for breakfast, veg soup for lunch. Bullion for snack and had a Choc/coffee shake with crushed ice before work. It was super yum! Gave me a good kick for well into the early hours. Saved my bar for around 2am. Managed to avoid the mountain of sweets and bikkies that were on offer at the office and that made me feel excellent and proud. Normally I'd have had one or two or three of whatever was on offer...each. I had a bit of an issue staying awake from about 5 onwards but it was my fist night of 4, so that's usually the case.

Day 6: Vanilla shake for breakfast. I think vanilla on it's own is my fav so far. Tried it with coffee and sweetener and crushed ice and it tasted a lot like a frappe from Starbucks. Trying out the tomato soup today, I hope it tastes ok as tomato is really the only "soup" that I normally like. Fingers crossed. So far 3 liquid packs a day and my bar at night has worked for me "on nights". I only sleep a max of 4-5 hrs during the day so I need that extra fuel for being awake for about 20hrs. OH is on night to this weekend. He's been doing it for far too long now. 20 years of shift work for him. Poor baby.

No AF yet. I'm definitely still in K, had to sleep with a jumper and socks and an extra fleece blanket over our bed today, I was freezing. Also have to remind myself to eat because I'm just not hungry at all. Horrid taste in my mouth still. Makes everything taste funny. All and all no complaints. :)

I'm going on holiday to South Africa for 4 weeks soon. Really looking forward to it. Plan on incorporating Vlcd in my holiday by doing TS/WS mixed. Is this going to be ok?

Happy weekend slimming buddies. Hope you are all doing / feeling great. :D
TTFN x

Good day to ya TT !

Get you headin to South Africa for your hols !! That sounds lovely, and what a brilliant incentive to shed the pounds.
You could SO do TS and or WS on hols, just bring a little hand blender and shakes etc and your sorted.
Sure it gives you that many nutrients and makes you feel so energetic and healthy, why would'nt you.
That was one of the reasons i've grown to love this plan, it takes all the stress and worry out of calorific and carb an fat intake that you can just get on with life !
Taking the girls swimming today so TTFN,
YM2B
ps I edited my profile and signature so you'd know it was me lol !! :family2:

Just dropping by to say Hi how you doin? Hows the tummy and the form TT? Really hope you're feeling better???? :))

Sent from my Nexus S using MiniMins

YUMYMUMY2B said:
Just dropping by to say Hi how you doin? Hows the tummy and the form TT? Really hope you're feeling better???? :))

Hey honey pie! Thanx for dropping in! Made my day. :D

I've been on nights since Thursday (sounds terrible that) and only finished at 7 this morning. Weekend went well till Saturday night when I was on my third night. Been good all week keeping to TS but I was tired and weak and my body needed something substantial (cutting to the point I had about 13hrs sleep in 96hrs). I'm like the walking dead on those weeks... I walked past GBK on my way to work and ended up with a burger, small chips and a pot of garlic dip. :( and I had a 4 finger Kitkat for afters. I did wash it down with a Coke Zero... :( I'm not happy about it. But it kept me going all night.

Been back on the wagon again since then but I've neglected the water intake and I've forgotten a couple of my packs... Luckily I only do nights every six weeks. I think I'd forget my own name if I did one more night. ;)
I am not going to WI this week, give myself the blues if I've not done too well. But I'm going 100% TS again from today to try and do some damage control. Also planning on hitting the gym every day from tomorrow.

We've bought a rowing machine for the house, looking forward to getting some extra-circular exercise indoors to when we just mooching around.

Here's to a new week and a new start.

Good day and good luck all.
Over and out.
TT x

Don't worry about the slip TT - it happens to us all and it sounds like you were trying to TS under some pretty extreme circumstances!! Maybe your week of nights should be WS?

Good on you for picking yourself up and getting right back on with it - you're doing great hun :)

xx

scotminx said:
Don't worry about the slip TT - it happens to us all and it sounds like you were trying to TS under some pretty extreme circumstances!! Maybe your week of nights should be WS?

Good on you for picking yourself up and getting right back on with it - you're doing great hun :)

xx

Thanx Scotminx, yeah I feel pretty rough. But I'm also chuffed about having done really well so far. It's been a lot easier than I expected. I've gained so much clarity on my past bad eating habits this week. I'm looking at food differently already and I've been put off by the amount of food people seem to just shovel down everyday. All the people at work have done is eat and snack and eat. I can never go back to being that person. I think WS on nights is a really good idea. Have a shake for breakfast and lunch, high protein meal before work and then a bar for midnight.

Take care and thanks so much for your support. It all helps x

Hey TiggerT,

I think your an inspiration to all the folk who have to work any kinda night shift! They really are tough and test your reserve and willpower.

That said you DO need to keep yourself sane and focused at your work! So prob best to do WS at those times and you'll not need to feel bad at all! Your still on the train petal with us and we're all headed to the same station .. . . .cheesey or what lol Xx ;-)))

Back