Starting TS, 22/08/11 after Something finally clicked...

TIGGERTOES

Likes to read
Hello everyone, this is my journey...

I am 28, and about 4st overweight.. Or as my clinical diagnosis states I am obese... :cry:

I wasn't always obese, nope.. It's only taken me a very easy 4 years to go from a comfortable size 10 to a tight fitting size 18. The reason for this, is having met my lovely husband and getting waay to comfortable with the words " I love you just like you are" and discovering comfort food, and eating when I wasn't hungry, or didn't need to eat.. Full fat everything... I also started working long and crazy shifts, where I sit for up to 12 hrs some days/nights/weekend, and I've recently realised that I am a really bad comfort eater. I stuff my face till I can't walk when I am down, then the next day I won't eat anything to make up for that... so all and all I have been stuck in a downward spiral.

I've totally lost my way with food, what's supposed to be normal and balanced. I've forgotten what a normal portion looks like (or I laugh when I see one, cause no way in Hell that's going to fill me up..) I eat the same size portions as my 6ft5 husband.. I'm only 5ft7...

I've yo-yo dieted for about 2 years, everytime losing a bit then putting back double the amount. I've taken all the pills, and all they've done is make things worse. It's alway all or nothing with me. and it's been a painfull and expensive lesson to learn... All I have to show for it now, is a total lack in self confidence, a serious food/eating obsession and some really bad stretch marks.. :sigh2: I cannot make it through an hour without having thought about what I'm going to eat/cook/feed or what I've eaten... It's driving me nuts!

I've never been on a VLCD before, but I am 100% confident that this is what I need to go back to the beginning. By taking the options out of eating I can re-educate myself on how to eat, to throw my body back into fat burning and energy releasing mode and I need to get back to my old self. The one who had loads of energy, and could easily pass on any food on offer and who drank water because I felt like it. The one who could walk in to a shop and try on any of the clothes and look good in them.. I was proud of myself and my body and my looks once.. Now I hide at home/under jumpers and jeans/avoid friends and parties and photos...

Anyhoe, enough with the morbid rant.. The point is that I am taking a stand against my own demon. And it starts tomorrow 22/08/11. Tomorrow is the new start to the rest of my life. I've found an abundance of inspiration and motivation on the life stories in these forums, and I know I am going to be in good hands. I've already gotten the support green light from my gorgeous OH, and this weekends has been my time to eat my last few sins, reflect on the journey ahead, clean out the cupboards and fridge and mentally prepare myself for the journey ahead. I am never going to be able to go back to eating normally again, I accept that. I want to make Exante part of my life from now on.

Wish me luck and good luck to everyone on their own journeys.

Last edited:
Good luck....welcome to the Exante team!

Thanks. Sorry for the looong post.. I'ts all out now.. hehe. Smooth sailing from here on.

Best of luck Tigertoes!! I'm a relative newbie to Exante myself and in this my 4th week and I've lost 12lb. So here continues my journey too. I need a friend here too don't really know anyone at all yet!
Good luck and PMA all the way says my gorgeous gentle giant 6'4" hubby who has never had to count calories in his young( 46 yr ) life lol!
YOU CAN DO IT!!: -))

Thanks Yumymumy. Bless them, they are always hungry and can eat ANYTHING!!! He is still a beanpole!! He thinks I look great always but a baby hippo would look tiny next to him.. Haha! We can do this together :)

We can indeed! Awh bless his heart he has just made me a cuppa coffee (black of course lol! ) and he tries so hard to hide his bikkies and it doesnt bother me one bit ! I can eat plenty of 'em when remove these further 2 - 3 stone eh ?? Lol
Lets CHALLENGE THE CRAVINGS TIL THEY LOOSE ALL POWER OVER US !!. . . . .my new mantra . . . .my only mantra hee hee !!!! :)))))

YUMYMUMY2B said:
We can indeed! Awh bless his heart he has just made me a cuppa coffee (black of course lol! ) and he tries so hard to hide his bikkies and it doesnt bother me one bit ! I can eat plenty of 'em when remove these further 2 - 3 stone eh ?? Lol
Lets CHALLENGE THE CRAVINGS TIL THEY LOOSE ALL POWER OVER US !!. . . . .my new mantra . . . .my only mantra hee hee !!!! :)))))

Oh dear. The bikkies. That's his must have to. If we were at worlds end he'd need to pack the biscuit barrel haha! He makes my coffee every morning to. Going to help him remember to skip the milk/sugar/creamer (I like mine just so).

I love your mantra! I'm going to work on a good one for me. For now its Take back control. So cheesy! But it's so true.

Thanks lovely ladies! More power to our elbows !! (As we say in Ireland ) !
Mind you girls. . . .our elbows should be working a little less than before. . . . . Unless we're at zumba lol! Xx

Good luck Tiggertoes. The first 3-4 days can be hard but after that it really is plain sailing and if you feel like me, you will wish you had done this years ago.

:wavey: x

YUMYMUMY2B said:
Thanks lovely ladies! More power to our elbows !! (As we say in Ireland ) !
Mind you girls. . . .our elbows should be working a little less than before. . . . . Unless we're at zumba lol! Xx

I LOVE Zumba! Am longing for the day when I can shake my thang without my backside carrying on for 5 mins after I've stopped :)

Hey Sammylou
Some folks in the class might be so jealous that we have a bit more Zum Zum in our BUMBA' S lol !! w'hoo !! Lets shake our thannng girl !! We'll have the last laugh eh bud ? :))

YUMYMUMY2B said:
Hey Sammylou
Some folks in the class might be so jealous that we have a bit more Zum Zum in our BUMBA' S lol !! w'hoo !! Lets shake our thannng girl !! We'll have the last laugh eh bud ? :))

Haha! This is already looking like loads of fun. I'm gonna get my gym pants out (from whatever deep dark corner they been shoved in). Already doing the curves circuit 2-3 times a week. Great fun that is. Not sure of the actual progress but the instructor is a great Scottish lady who really cracks me up. Got the Zumba at home. Couldn't bare wiggling my jelly around other people. They might get sea sick :-/

So here goes...

Day 1 so far: Tesco delivery this morning, with enough bottled water to fill a swimming pool.
I started my day by unpacking every cupboard in the kitchen, cleared out all the spoils of war. So much positive energy moving through the house again.

Weighed,measured and photographed myself today and although my heart sank bitterly and I was truly shocked to "see myself" I have a great sense of calm washing over me.

Had half a bar quartered with a cup of black tea for breakfast. The bar (orange choc) is quite a challenge but mind over matter. I'm saving the rest for my snack tonight. Lunch was the mushroom soup (with added chilli flakes and a pinch of salt) All I can say is that it's very creamy (a little like a mushroom milkshake) but it went down quick. Really looking forward to my shake for dinner. So far I've had about 1.5L water in. Another 2.5L to go.

Going for a walk with OH now. It's glorious here in Surrey. He's been great so far. Couldn't stop apologising for having to eat his lovely dinner when I couldn't. Bless. :)

Brilliant start TT - Good on you!

I'm doing 3 shakes today and so far 2ltrs of flavoured water in me tum tum (which is feeling softer by the day) already!
Baking a birthday cake in a while with my 2 little spoon and bowl licking helpers! Made them home made pizza for lunch and they ate all bar crusts which I promise I put straight to the bin!! It gets easier every day TT!
Feeling really empowered on the 3 shakes a day - zero food cravings - isn't that brilliant?
You have a lovely time keep in touch - love reading your posts TY TT :))

Welcome and good luck!!! I'm just starting week 4 and it does get easier the longer you do it :D

Back