Starting when Supplies get in!

AmandaP

Hey everyone!

Just introducing myself. Im Amanda, and im from Texas. I ordered my supplies, they should be here Friday or Monday, and i'll start the same day they get here. I am very excited!

Anyone know the major differences between the US and the UK versions?

Thanks!

Hi Amanda
Welcome to the group! How lovely to have an international community :)

I'm not sure what the difference is between US and UK CD ... I know you have some different flavours. I think it might be something to do with the carb content.

Anyway - good luck with your new plan: how much are you hoping to lose?

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Amanda
Welcome to the group! How lovely to have an international community :)

I'm not sure what the difference is between US and UK CD ... I know you have some different flavours. I think it might be something to do with the carb content.

Anyway - good luck with your new plan: how much are you hoping to lose?

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Hello america.there'sacalifornian member on here too somwhere I think .sorry I can't remember her name.

Q: why should the US formulationbe any different.I know we all joke about everything american being bigger better fatter etc, Especially texas as it happens:eek:. Deep fried whole turkey I'm sure you've head it all before.

Is this something that the US Food & drink whatsits have done, or is it due to consumer pressure or what?

Fascinated to find out.

PS how big/small is CD over there?
Do you have your own home-grown versions of VLCD?

I do know that CD US is completely different from what we have here. I don't know in what way. I think Linda said CD US has nothing to do with CD UK, but I don't know the technical differences.

Good luck when you get your supplies though.

I do know that CD US is completely different from what we have here. I don't know in what way. I think Linda said CD US has nothing to do with CD UK, but I don't know the technical differences.

Good luck when you get your supplies though.

Completely different? but same name.
? bought the rights to use the name but no more..doesn't sound like the Cambride I know.
? completelty diff to get round US laws ?

So Amanda ,do you know what you have ordered?
Are you having to import it?

The US and UK Cambridge Diets are completely different because of trade agreements....

Anyone who is really interested: buy "The Cambridge Diet", 20th anniversary edition from your Cambridge Counsellor, priced £5.99.

It's worth every penny.

62xe43o.jpg

Firstly welcome to minimins Amanda it's a great place for support, unfortunately i know nothing about CD in the states but i'd like to wish you loads of luck with your weight lose journey....xxx

Hi Amanda,

Welcome to minimins.

Found this bit of info about CD, USA Cambridge > About Cambridge > Our Products

Background

The Original Cambridge was the very first Cambridge nutritional formula introduced in 1979. The formula’s nutritional profile is based on the original research conducted by Dr. Howard at Cambridge University and Middlesex Hospital in England during the early 1970’s. The rights to the formula were obtained by Cambridge Direct Sales in 1979 and followed by over two years of flavor development to produce a palatable and commercially marketable product. So successful was this work that many prefer the taste of the Original Cambridge Diet to any other formula.
The original Cambridge Diet Formula is an excellent nutritional supplement and is ideal for use in the Regular Program. Although Dr. Howard’s research has shown the formula to be completely safe when used three times per day as the sole source of nutrition, we recommend a fourth serving when used in the Fast Start of Physicians Monitored Programs.

The US and UK Cambridge Diets are completely different because of trade agreements....

Anyone who is really interested: buy "The Cambridge Diet", 20th anniversary edition from your Cambridge Counsellor, priced £5.99.

It's worth every penny.

I've got two of those on my shelf in front of me. I don't suppose you either read it for me or tell me the precise paragraph I need to look at :D. Lazy? Me?

So it says on page vi of this book 'The Cambridge Diet currently available in the United States under that name is not the same, and is not the same product that was launched as The Cambridge Diet in the USA in 1980.'

Then at the back of the book is says under United States distributors 'Dr Howard's Success' which gives a web site that still exists. That looks similar. Kcals are a bit different, claims to be uk formulation. No idea. The book came out in 2004.

Haven't read all of the bit in the middle yet! Interesting though.

I ordered from Cambridge > Food for Life , and there were a few other places online that had the same prices. I'll see when the order gets here what I actually have :)

I dont know how much I am wanting to lose. I currently weight 325 lbs, which is 23 stone 3 pounds. The "correct weight" for my height is 159, but i have not weighed that since 6th grade, so I have no idea what I would look like there.

Cor I wish we had your coconut bar.

It's odd isn't it. If it's nothing to do with Cambridge UK how is it that it says it was developed by Dr Alan Howard?

Well providing it's a formula food that gives you all the nutrition you need - that's the main thing. Let us know what it tastes like.

So amanda who will supervise you as you do it?
Cambridge counsellor, Doctor, no-one?

I have a counselor that I can contact, and my doctor is aware of the program. It does seem kinda suspect that the CDC system is not as stringent as the UK system, but I tend to do things alone anyways.

Back