Starving!!!!

might just be mental hunger? im sure you wont feel hungry for long :)

It passed really quickly and hasn't returned so I'm happy. I've got broccoli with mushroom pasta for tea and then a bar and cup of warmed up milkshake as a treat for later. Do you mainly have shakes? I'm not satisfied with those at all?

i do mainly have shakes - 2 a day and then i'll either have a pack with protein + veg, or save the pack and have a bar in the evening. im just a picky eater, so the savory packs are still a tentative tasting experience for me!

this weekend im going to try the mac and cheese (with poached egg and swede chips) and if i like it, order more of that and the mushroom pasta. the other packs dont appeal so much to me.

glad to see that youre feeling better now though. i tend to get a tiny rumbly tummy at 4.30/5 (shortly before my 2nd shake), but it doesnt feel like real hunger.

A little tip with the pasta packs ( I don't if you have tried any yet?) leave to stand in the cold water for a good 10 mins before you start cooking it softens the pasta. The mac and cheese and the mushroom pasta are tasty. I have just ordered some more packs lots of porridge bars and some pasta meals. I've also ordered some more zero noodles to help bulk out some meals. Fingers crossed I stick to it so they don't get wasted!

Well it's 3.21am and I'm still awake, lying with a headache and sore throat from ketosis I think. Please tell me this goes away? I have 2yr old and and 12 week old children to look after so I can't afford not to sleep!!!

Thanks for the reply, feeling better this morning although havnt been able to stomach a shake this am. Getting a delivery this afternoon so may just wait and have some porridge from that? Going to pop into town for some good multi vits too to try and ward off the nasties!!!
Hope your days going well.

glad to hear youre feeling better :)

have you tried to chocolate shakes hot? just tastes like normal hot chocolate and could help you get them down easier in the morning?

may day is ok, just suffering a horribly dry mouth! just put in another s&s order. instead of buying clothes to cheer me up, i seem to do all my retail therapy on thier website instead.

Hi all Just read through this thread and have to say it's comforting to know someone else is pretty much going through exactly the same! (not that I'm wishing it on you or anything! :rolleyes:) I am on day 5 and I am not sure I amin ketosis although I have been absolutely 100% on the diet. I don't feel especially hungry though, but I am super freezing today and since starting it have been sleeping badly and getting bad headaches esp when I wake up. This weekend is gonna be a tough one - no Italian food (my favourite) and no wine/gin and tonics...arggh gonna be on here a lot this weekend! Good luck everyone! xxx

<3_my_cat_x bad headaches when you wake up could be a sign of you not drinking enough later on the day before. I found that and started drinking a pint before bed and now when I go to bed I'm really thirsty, but no headache when I wake up! It took me 5days to get into ketosis- the day before I was freezing and really hungry. I had bad breath, but no funny taste until about 3weeks in- I now use a tongue scraper to get the furry yuk off my tongue! If you are really genuinely hungry try splitting packs into 2 and having them and hour or so apart. You can add more water to them all than sns says. Also fizzy drinks and hot drinks can fill you up more and help you get through.

The lack of sleep is actually a good thing, it means that you are in or getting close to ketosis. It goes away after a week or so, I'm on week 6 and sleeping better than I have in ages, and am less tired than before too.

Good luck on your journeys ladies.

<3 my cat
I'm glad someone else feels rough!! I've only managed one pack so far so I've def lost my appetite! We'll just have to hang in there and hope it improves!
How much are you wanting to lose?
My weekends havnt been to much about eating out as I have just had a little girl 12 weeks ago but I will def miss the weekend wine, this forum is keeping me distracted.
Roll on Monday for the weigh in!!

Hi!

iwillbethinagain - thanks for the tip! I am drinking around 4-5 pints of water a day which I think should be enough :confused: Put it this way, if I drink anymore water I'll have to either a) attach myself to a commode b) have a catheter connected...!

Ok you've given me hope then that ketosis is here/on its way as today I am absolutely and utterly freezing (and starting to feel shattered now...)! Not overly hungry though - although I did have my oatmeal and then a bar pretty much immediately after...but that kept me going till just now so not too bad I suppose... I like to put more water in the meals/oatmeal etc... so as to make it go further. Might try your idea of spacing them out more too :) Also, if anyone thinks the curry tastes a bit odd try adding cumin, curry powder and garam masala (literally my 3 fave spices!) - yum! ;)

I've had those zero noodles last night...simply amazing! Really help to bulk out food. Yep agree about the fizzy drinks - my 500 ml Dr Pepper Zero has become a treat (something my fiancé finds amusing!)!

abcdebony - oh I'm so jealous!:jelous: I wish I had lost my appetite! Lucky you! Not sure I ever will haha! I'm wanting to lose 5-6 st by July 2013. How about you? Aww congrats on your baby!! I expect she's keeping you busy!! I weigh in on Monday too! Shall we compare notes?! Anyway yep roll on Monday - never thought I'd say that! I'm terrified to be honest that I'm not going to have lost much and that I'll be so disappointed...

Good luck though - glad you're feeling better!

X

Yes we'll compare how we have got on, on Monday I took my measurements too did you? Hopefully it will help on the slow weeks ?
I want to lose 4 stone I'm hoping that i will be somewhere near by February/march.i have just got a delivery of 20 packs of zero noodles to be honest they are a little 2 slimy/ chewy for me but I am persevering as they really do bulk out a meal and 'keep things moving' as it were!

Very happy, took my measurements and weight and in week 1 and I've Lost 9 inches from my body and 10lbs. I'm very pleased with that, what kind of loss can I expect in week 2? I would like to have reasonable expectations!!!
I hope everyone's day goes well x

Yes we'll compare how we have got on, on Monday I took my measurements too did you? Hopefully it will help on the slow weeks ?
I want to lose 4 stone I'm hoping that i will be somewhere near by February/march.i have just got a delivery of 20 packs of zero noodles to be honest they are a little 2 slimy/ chewy for me but I am persevering as they really do bulk out a meal and 'keep things moving' as it were!

I would also like to lose 4 stone, 3 1/2 at the least but think 4 would be good then gives me the headroom for the little gain you get when glycogen stores are replaced. What are these noodle things? Are they allowed as extra with our pack?

Hope your day is good so far xx

Zero noodles are basically fibre so you can eat them on the plan almighty with the packs or protein veg. They are a little odd but worth persevering with. X

Blugh scales are only 1 lb down, official weigh in isn't till Monday but still v disappointed with 2nd week numbers, is this usual?

Blugh scales are only 1 lb down, official weigh in isn't till Monday but still v disappointed with 2nd week numbers, is this usual?
Hi it's very common to have a 'rubbish' loss on your second week. This seems to happen on every diet! But with a vlcd your body will be a bit shocked at the massive loss from the first week and adjusting to all the changes

Remember you're still only part way through the week. Also what you are losing now is FAT!!! Not only water and glycogen stores but fat :). Oh and wooshes are common so you may be surprised yet! Get measuring x

Week 2 weigh in = 2 lbs off and 9 inches off my measurements!!
Got to be honest was hoping for 3lbs but 12lbs off in 2 weeks so I really can't complain.
Well onward and downward 44lbs to go!!!

Back