Stary's Weight Loss Diary

starynights

I started Slimfast 1 week ago and before i started the scales always hovered between 16st7lbs and 17st. I weighed somewhere inbetween on Monday and when i weighed myself Saturday morning i was down to 16st :) i am a bit of a prolific scale jumper i do admit. I took the kids to swimming lessons yesterday then treated them to mcdonalds and i did have one too, then in the evening once kids were in bed DH and I ordered pizza and had a couple drinks so i do feel rather bloated and yuck today but i think im going to have a saturday kinda off plan. I wouldnt never last the duration if i didnt. I have managed to drink 2 litres of water so im doing good on that front. I had 2 fried egg rolls for breakfast and a salmon fillet with some cucumber for lunch and its roast chicken for tea but i will prob have a very small portion. I feel very positive about it all.

today has been positive. not had any SF today however. i had some apple juice and a petit filous before i dropped the kids off then once i had done some shopping i had some of last nights chicken with a few spoonfuls of sweet chili sauce and salad in a wrap. it was delicious! its home made lasagne for tea so i will just have a small amount. really feeling it in my clothes, under the bust is looser.

starynights said:
today has been positive. not had any SF today however. i had some apple juice and a petit filous before i dropped the kids off then once i had done some shopping i had some of last nights chicken with a few spoonfuls of sweet chili sauce and salad in a wrap. it was delicious! its home made lasagne for tea so i will just have a small amount. really feeling it in my clothes, under the bust is looser.

Woooo to the clothes being looser!! I wish I was at that stage!!! Lunch btw sounds delicious!! How you finding it?

xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

finding it easy as i work evenings so im not at home over tea time so a shake stops me from heading to the vending machines. i have done SF before but only managed to last 10 days but lost 12lbs in that time. this time im trying to not restrict myself so much as thats when i fail. im busy the rest of the week and working over the weekend so i find it easier to stick to plan when im busy. will WI on friday and hopefully see a loss.

That's brilliant, so much easier when the choice is there and stops you from snack attacking!!

xx

feeling good about today. had a slice of brown toast and a shake for brekkie. did the school run and was going to go for a cycle but the back tyres a bit flat and compressor is in the car that DH has. really felt like i needed to do something so i walked (quite quick) about 2.5 miles. i saw the dr last week as i feel i am beginning to develop asthma, however he says its doesnt sound like asthma from my symptoms but i have to go for tests next week. whenever my activity level is raised i feel like my throat is closing in and inflammed and i become all wheezy and have coughing fits. it flared up this morning but i managed to control it by having water. sound very wheezy now but hopefully it will calm. im off to walk another mile round trip to collect youngest from nursery then grab a shower. i feel good as im 'in the zone'. i also put on a pair of jeans today that at my heaviest were extremly tight/couldnt button and i could never have worn them out. however this morning they r quite loose :) still a long way to go but i know im on the right path.

well not had a shake for lunch. im trying to kind of half and half it. i dont want to be on slim fast for life so im training myself to make positive choices. shakes always easiest option for breakfast for me as its hectic and i can have it while im organising lunches etc for kids. for lunch ive had 50g (uncooked) brown rice, 1/2 tin of tuna, some sliced ham, 40g grated cheese, some mixed pickle, beetroot, cucumber, tomatoes (think thats it lol) mixes with 2 table spoons of blue dragon sweet chili (i love the stuff) i know it sounds like a terrible combination but im happy to trynew things and i like to feel like im eating. it tastes lovely and i cant actualy eat it all!! wow!! tatses nice cold too so i can have a spoonful or 2 later.

i think im heading towards doing mixed SF and CC, i guess im always going to have an issue with food but only me can control it.

starynights said:
well not had a shake for lunch. im trying to kind of half and half it. i dont want to be on slim fast for life so im training myself to make positive choices. shakes always easiest option for breakfast for me as its hectic and i can have it while im organising lunches etc for kids. for lunch ive had 50g (uncooked) brown rice, 1/2 tin of tuna, some sliced ham, 40g grated cheese, some mixed pickle, beetroot, cucumber, tomatoes (think thats it lol) mixes with 2 table spoons of blue dragon sweet chili (i love the stuff) i know it sounds like a terrible combination but im happy to trynew things and i like to feel like im eating. it tastes lovely and i cant actualy eat it all!! wow!! tatses nice cold too so i can have a spoonful or 2 later.

i think im heading towards doing mixed SF and CC, i guess im always going to have an issue with food but only me can control it.

Starry your exactly like me!!! I only have shake for breakfast because one I'm too rushed in morning and two I find it difficult to eat when I first get up! Also the whole lifestyle change and not gonna be on SF forever is how I feel, I want to be eating like this forever not just a set amount of months....

Ps your lunch did not sound gross at this precise moment I'm salivating on my commute home :D

Kudos on the excercise and keep up the good work!

xx

thanks Bamba. i guess we want results overnights at times dont we. ive always had the excuse that i didnt have time to exercise etc and i guess when i piled on more pounds i told myself that more. however now eldest has started school and youngest nursery i do have the time to exercise at least twice a week. im desperatly unhappy with my weight. its really since dh and i moved in together it kind of started creeping on then when pg with eldest who is 5 it was an excuse to eat what i wanted. then he was 14 months when youngest was conceived and its hard to do anything with 2 under 3's as they r so demanding. now its time to really pull it back.i would love to shop in primark for a cheap outfit etc. pre kids i was a 16, but ive never been skinny im now a 22 and its a nightmare getting any clothes. i mostly shop in supermarkets for them now as they usually have a good range as opposes to the high street, has anyone else noticed if you need to buy trousers larger in the waist the bloody legs r 31-33" my pet hate!!! not so bad if you manage to find a short if that store do diff lengths. also evans/new look inspire hike up the prices too!

had some left over lasagne for tea tonight again as dh is away tonight and kids and i dont mind eating same thing twice (unlike dh lol). plus it saves cooking!

on the plus side we have a wedding next month and i seen a lovely dress in sainsburys they only had a 20 (would normally get the 22) so i bought it and thought i can try it on and return if it doesnt fit. well it fits!! i can deffo see the underbust looser (i always loose it from here 1st), slighlty tight at the bust and around the middle but its wearable, the point is i have a month to loose a little so it fits better. have it hanging on the bedroom door so hoping it gives me motivation.

Ahhh, I think there is nothing better than a short term goal while going for the big goal, a gorgeous dress is a real motivator, and thats a whole dress size down!! Very well done!

I understand the feeling of being desperatly unhappy, you get to a point and your like ***** how did I let myself get like this and how on earth am i ever going to be thin HOWEVER once your at that point , I think, you make the decision to do it you can really go for it. My problem is I want it all now not in 5-6 months time but I know to actually pull this off and change my lifestyle its going to take the time. I read somewhere, that being healthy and slim (not skinny) is freaking hard work and that is so true :)

Oh gosh two under 3 eeek!!! Your a very brave woman lol I have a 1yr old and a 4yr old (both their birthdays are in November so nearly 2 & 5) and I find that a handful hahahaha!

Nothing wrong with supermarket clothes shopping!!! I love sainsburys though I think the Gok Wan line is overpriced!! I usually end up scouring the sale racks for clothes from monsoon and french connection that I soooo cant afford because the cut is flattering and they make me look slightly better I would love to be able to go into Primark and pick out some really funky cool outfits but cause I'm top heavy it all looks rubbish on me :(

At the moment I am refusing to buy a single item of clothing until Boxing day sales!! thats my second motivator :D I am living in leggings, t-shirt and converse, kinda look like a student hahaha.

keep up the good work!

xx

can really go a bag of chips from the chippy!

i think i will often be found just posting random things in my diary as it helps to just write things down then look back on them! plus its much easier writing it here than in a book/diary than in our house will get tidied up by dh and never be seen again (he forgets where he puts stuff lol) or have a child draw on it lol. plus i can do it on the go via my phone x

feeling a bit down beat today. i should really stop stepping on the scales everyday! i feel they r sticking at the same spot. im thinking am i not eating enough? but im using all my calorie allowance. going to stick to SF for a few days and see how i do.

starynights said:
feeling a bit down beat today. i should really stop stepping on the scales everyday! i feel they r sticking at the same spot. im thinking am i not eating enough? but im using all my calorie allowance. going to stick to SF for a few days and see how i do.

Firstly big HUGS and Xxxxx to you!!

Every day weighing is a toughie I wish I could give you advice on how to stop but I'm guilty of it myself :(

I think you've got to keep the mindset (it's hard though so sorry if I sound patronising...) that it took years to put the weight on, we are doing a calorie controlled diet not a gimmick diet therefore it will take time and we have to be patient, are you adding excercise and drinking enough water those are biggies on this lifestyle change, maybe you do need a few more calories to lose weight I know that sounds mad, but from your size I guess you can safely sim for a 2lb a week loss, so that's 1000cals a day less than what your BMR is, are you on MFP? Do you have kitchen scales? It's good to get in the habit (I've found cause I'm rubbish at portion size) to weigh your ingredients before cooking.

Listen, I know you can do this, I know because your on here and sharing which is fraking fabulous Hun, youve got that dress in your wardrobe that your gonna fit into for your wedding, ok, YOU CAN DO THIS keep strong!! If you need to vent DO IT, we are here to help take that stress from you!!

Chin up sweetie

xx

thanks bamb. last few days ive probably not drank enough water. i have been off work for last few days so kind of out of routine that way too. walked about 4 miles yesterday and probably about 2 miles today with another mile to do for the school run. yeah i use MFP, i did find a link for bmr and i think it was about 1800 cals but i thought this seemed a lot for someone whos trying to loose weight. and Yes those scales are on my worktop! went to school with my eldest for lunch today ( just started so they allow you in for your lunch one day.) i did have a pudding too but portions werent huge but overall probably over 600 cal. ive had a shake and 3 crackerbreads with scraping of phili and a tomato for brekkie so im going to have a shake for dinner too. Feel a bit better now and im NOT going to stand on those damn scales tomorrow!! DH and i are going cycling for 3 hours on Friday so should get a good amount of exercise in there. This is day 10 for me (although i was off plan at the weekend) and this is where i 'gave up' last time but im deffo not in that mindset, im feeling positive that i can do this. i want to do this. i will do my measurement on friday too, thats if i can find my tapes. had 2 out the other day and someone has moved them! lol

Hahaha to the tape comment god knows where mines is my kids were using it as a lasso!

Yay for the positivity!! MFP tells me to eat 1470 for my weight, something to consider eh.

xx

yeah i think i will sit and do some sums once kiddos are in bed and maybe i do need to introduce more calories. can make them good calories too like fruit/salmon etc x wish we could sit and eat cake and have it fall off lol x

my bmr is 1802 and using the calculations given on the site i need to eat 2162 calories. which seems a bit much. found another calculator and it suggests 1500 which may seem fine for me. ive been doing 1300 x

Back