Stary's Weight Loss Diary

i didnt feel great when dh got home so i went and lay on our bed and dozed off for an hour until the kids woke me with their banging about and running in and out. i had planned on a shake for tea but i woke up starving and as tea was already prepared earlier i dished some out for myself. tonight was stew, pastry, veg and sainsburys extra special chunky chips (didnt get round to doing spuds lol). i just felt like needed proper food and no point in torturing myself. im off to run a nice hot bath and slip into my pj's. dh will bath the kids and i'll bed them as hes off out tonight.

well back to work today so back to routine. this morning i dug out the blender and make my shake in it with some ice chucked in. was so gorge and fluffy!! i think it did take some flavour out it so i might try it with choc tomoro as i have a full tub but i hate the stuff lol. back on plan for the next 9 days 100%

Oooo that sounds De-LISH!! Glad to hear your feeling positive about the plan!! Goooooo Starry!!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ive had 3 choc digestives over allowance but i dont care haha. im at work now and my tummy feels hungry but my brains not, dont know if that even makes sense lol. feel more into routine now im back at work. friday should b wi day but i step on thd damned things every morning anyway lol. i was going to put off going cycling tomorrow so we could tidy the attic but ive decided the exercise is more important x

in a bloody foul mood (but helped coming on here and reading diaries) i had my shake just before 4pm and nothing since (well was at work so just water). needed some shopping on the way home but refused to go as i would buy rubbish. sending dh instead. i dont feel hungry but my tummy feels.sore but i think its all in my head. i want a nice big fish supper or any takeaway but im resisting. there are things i can have in the house but im resisting. i need to have will power! came to bed when kids went to bed. dh really not being helpful telling me i shouldnt b weighing everyday etc so i told him the scales r going in the bin (and they will tomoro after wi) but he rambled on about just weighing in the morning not 3 times a day blah blah. told him i cant do that so im putting them in the bin. if need be i can pop to boots once a week and weigh or can use wii fit although not sure how accurate it is. plus turning it on, waitin for it all etc would put me off so i know i wouldnt weigh. those bloody scales just taunt me being in.the bathroom. but im proud of myself for having the will power to resist as im not actually hungry. its more than likely habit and a sense of wanting not needing. ive got my dress hanging up and if i can loose a bit weight by next month i think i may need to return it (or stand up all evening) and its too tight to sit in as the material has no stretch..i love the dress so im opting to slim into it x

Oh starry I was having one of those days yesterday!! It hit about 4pm!!! If we mess up we gotta draw a line under it and move on!!

I really think you need to work out how much you should be eating to lose 2lb a week it may take time but you will be happier and more likely stick to it if you are having your full quota for the day. SF advises 1360 per day but that might not be enough at the moment hence why your eating a bit more than you think you should!! Sorry if I'm annoying/preaching BUT I want you to do good too!!!

It's hard changing a lifestyle but you just gotta keep at it! It's not gonna happen over night but you will get there!!!!

Mucho lova to you xx

woke this morning feeling better. ive wi and im at 16st2lb which is where i was about 5 says ago but im happy with this as it was creeping up. im not hungry this morning so will wait until i feel hungry to have a shake. think i need to have a 300cal lunch then a shake few hours later then 300cal dinner after work. its habit eating after work esp a takeaway on the way home. ive got that willpower started tho :)

this journeys about breaking habits too. off out cycling with dh once we have dropped the kids off.

feel its going to b a positive day :) working 10 hour shifts this weekend so should b quite.easy to stick to plan.

I'm the same! If I could just break into the next barrier then I'll get a boost!!

We will get there!!!

Glad your feeling better it can be such a downer when we hit that mode!! Onwards and downwards!!!

Cycling WOW think that would kill me so major kudos for you there!

Have a positive day Hun

xx

starynights said:
just planned our route and its almost 16 mile round trip! eek!!! few years ago i was more than capable of this and it would have been a breeze. its going to be a challenge but im up for that :)

WOW

:D

'NOUGH SAID

Xx

ok so didnt manage the distance i had planned but did 5 miles. dh's brakes were playing up and being honest my mind thinks im as fit as i was 6 years ago but my body tells a different story!! at least ive had a blast of exercise this morning so im happy with that. had some toast on phili and tomato for brekkie as i felt i needed food before i went out.

just had lunch. i had some sliced ham, 25g grated cheese, cumumber, tomato, beeetroot and mixed pickle with a tablespoon of my fav thing sweet chili sauce. all in all about 250 cals so will have a shake about 3.30pm before i head to work then have another little platter when im home x all in all a good day. did my measurement today too and in last 5 days (i thought it was 7) i have lost a total of 6 inches. which is fab x

Last edited:
well i endes up giving in and havin the wispa dh bought me so ive not had an afternoon shake but im not hungry. i brought some melon and strawberrys to work and i weighed them first and im amazed at how much you get for your cals!! perfect for grazing. i wont get home until approx 9.30pm tonight but im so fancying carrot sticks and sweet chili dip. yum and very low cal but you feel like you are.eating lots. im going to make tomorrows dinner tonight as both dh and i are working so wont be home until after 5pm so something nice to heat up will save me from temptation. dinner tomorrow is salmon, pureed carrot and new baby potatoes i will probably have the same on sunday as i adore-salmon. have a nice bit of roast beef in. the freezer so think i shall slow cooker that overnight for dh. kids are at grantparents all weekend so dont need to worry about their meals.

Firstly salmon dinner sounds yummy!!!!

Secondly, good decision you made on the whispa front, I know it's not ideal but your not having your shake AND your whispa!! Kudos!!

Thirdly 5 miles IS STILL FREAKING 5 miles!! Go YOU!!

I wish I could eat sweet chili dip but I just don't like savoury foods that are sweet......make up your mind lol!!

Your doing good we all gave slip ups, mines was a mini pan au chocolate yesterday!!!

Ps: MY KIDDOS are away for wknd too with the grandparents!!!

xx

hectic weekend with work but i did very good food wise....well until last night, the time we finished work and picked the kids up it was alsmost 6pm. my salmon and veg was made but dh and kids were having a chip shop tea. so i did too, then i had 4 choc digestives and then sent dh to the shops and we shared a big bar of galaxy. could have been worse, could have ate the whole thing lol im not beating myself up about it as after all im human. and i was 100% sat and all day sun. this morning i have had a shake and a few crackerbread on tomato. will have my salmon for lunch and a shake for tea as will be at work.

Well done starry!!!!

You know what your prob not eating the full amount of cals you should be having so the chippy and sweets might cover that (might be a wee bit over lol) so long as you really stick to the plan for 6 days then it will prob even out cal wise, you might only lose 2lb a week but that's 8lb a month!!!

xx

yep eating way less calories than previously. on a typical sat/sun at work i would have had 2 rolls on bacon/haggis/cheeseburger etc from local shop and a packet of crisps and a bar of choc with about 3 tins of fizzy juice :wave_cry: then prob had more rubbish in the afternoon then had tea when i came home eek!!! and prob a takeaway!! so its a huge step in the right direction. i did weigh this morning and im 16st bang on so one more 1lb off and im in the 15's!!! official wi is friday so hoping i can do it x

Back