Staying off the scales!!

I got into the habit of weighing myself everyday - usually more than once! :eek: even though I knew it wasn't a good idea, after a stern talking to from my mum I've managed to stay off them since Saturday! so I'm definitely looking forward to weighing in on Friday morning! any tips or advice for staying off the scales untill the specific day I'm meant to weigh in would be appreciated :) xxx

I'm the same! I've started doing it again though as I hate not knowing. I think it is better when you wait though because if I see even a pound gain I freak out a little but it happens, it could just be down to water for all I know... staying off them for a week at a time will help you not worry about little things and see the bigger picture I guess :)

No advise I'm afraid as I'm exactly same. I struggle with weighing everyday.

In the other hand though, iv resigned myself to the fact that I'll do it. So as long as I don't obsess about the odd lb (telling myself it doesn't matter I've put that lb on, i've just not had a poo today!!!) I use it as motivation during the week so that I know what I'm doing is making a difference!

I'm afraid I am another one guilty of "over-weighing" and get on the scales every morning so I cannot advise you.

However, like Lotty, I don't angst about the off fluctuation so I suppose it's OK.

I am going to be in trouble this weekend though as I am away for 3 nights and I doubt the accomodation has scales and I am not taking mine with me..... even I am not THAT bad!

Back