Staying on plan when away from home?

Clareel

Persistence not perfection
I'm going away for one night to York with OH at the end of the month. We'll be getting there early on the first day and staying until the evening of the second day. We'll be meeting some of OH's family there and his uncle has said he would take us out for a meal in the evening which is so lovely of him but I'm just like ARGH!!

Thankfully it's only for one night so I should be able to limit damage as much as possible - I'm planning on taking shakes and bars with me which I should be fine with most of the time, but what should I do on the meal out?

OHs family are big eaters, starter, main, dessert, wine type of people and I just don't know what to do! I could definitely manage low carb with the main and then avoid starter and dessert, maybe just have one glass of wine and drink it slowly!?

I'm a bit worried we'll end up going for a chinese or something lol and then I don't know where to start!

Also breakfast is included in the hotel, I'm assuming it will be full english type of thing so could maybe have poached eggs and some mushrooms?

Or should I leave breakfast altogether and just have a shake? I'm not too bothered about losing weight this week but I would like to not gain any if possible.

Help!

Protein and bars/shake/soup

I did this recently whilst away and it worked fine

Make the best choices, protein n veg. Enjoy the meal

Xx

how exciting :) I would try and make good low carb choices for the meal as much as possible , if you go for chinese maybe just a meat style dish , satay etc but enjoy it , any gain will soon be gone again if you dont go crazy :D

Back