Step 1 Sole Source Step 1 Sole Source: Weight loss journey

Thank you coggers! It really has motivated me to keep going. I usually use my 'dream body' to help me when I'm feeling a bit rough.

You can definitely do this!! It does get easier. Have you taken tablets for the headaches? You can also try green tea. I find that often helps and not only does it suppress hunger, it counts towards your daily water intake too :))

Can't wait to start seeing some results coggers!! x

Hi dream, hope you had a good 100% day.

I have a question about dream body, is it the diet pill or some motivational tool? Not sure the green tea would work for me cos all tea makes me gag, but thanks for the suggestion.

My day/night (gotta love shifts) has been a mixed bag. Negative stuff first, missing food quite badly but not sure if thats because I really miss food or if its because I'm sulking as I didn't get to have my usual apple cinammon porridge for breakfast (I seem to have over ordered soup). OK now for good stuff, got on scales at home and i'm 5lbs down :D woo. I don't have an official WI until 18th (bloody shifts) so I figure unofficial ones will help keep me on track.

How is the water situation? still feeling full and heavy?

Morning coggers,

I must say that I've only recently been waking up feeling fresh and full of energy. So the days have been going okay I suppose. I use my 'dream body' as a motivational tool. It's the body I see myself in after 12 weeks of the diet so it helps keep me on track as I no longer want to be trapped in this body.

I know how you feel about missing food. However do you miss food because you're actually hungry? Or do you miss food because you miss the things you like? For me I find it's the latter, for example, my sister was eating chicken yesterday and I didn't feel hungry by that at all. What made me miss chicken was the fact I actually like chicken! I also miss the motion of chewing something so I've started crushing ice in the shakes and chew on a few cubes (weird right lol)

Congratulations on your loss!! 5lbs is absolutely fantastic!!! It really does show that the diet works if stuck to. You must be so happy about your achievement and I'm overly joyed with it too!

In terms of feeling full my consultant told me that my stomach may be getting smaller so I should really spread the water out during the day.

Btw i started off enjoying the soups however after a few days I couldn't stomach them and had to swap them.

Please keep us posted on your weight loss journey. How did yesterday go for you?

Hi Dreamchaser! I'm on day 6 of SS and I've lost 11lbs and I'm chuffed. The first few days were tough but I found willpower from somewhere! I bought a selection of stuff to try, I like the apple and cinnamon porridge, vegetable soup, chicken and mushroom, banana, choc, choc mints shakes so far! Im looming forward to being able to try the bars, will be nice to have a treat. I'm missing drinks more than food if I'm honest, not alcohol just something with flavour! I'm enjoying green tea with sweetener and I've found an instant coffee with a caramel flavour, makes a change! I've got another two stone to go!!! Think I'm in ketosis as I have the foulest taste in my mouth and my appetite has died down a bit, but cooking bacon for my kids just now was a challenge lol!!

Good luck and I'm here if you want a buddy too! We can all do it!!! X x x

Morning nomorecakes,

11lbs loss in 6 days is amazing!! It's definitely worth something for you to be very happy and proud of. Only 3 more pounds and you've lost a stone!! Keep going you can do it !

I also will be ordering the bars from next week. Today makes it a week for me so I can't wait. I really miss chewing something.

I honestly agree with you there! I miss FLAVOUR! Orange juice is my favourite drink and it's so hard having to go without it.

I'm so happy for you on your weight loss and feel you'll have 2 stones off in no time. It's just for 12 weeks so you can do it. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to x

That taste in the mouth is just terrible. But it's a definite sign of ketosis!

@dreamchaser...my consultant said you can have diet coke occasionally, I'm going f out with friends on Friday night so I will have my chicken and side salad and I will treat myself to a diet coke!! I'm just having a fruits of the forest shake, it's not too bad!!

I agree, it's great to come on here and chat with people who are going through it as well!!

Are you going to do SS for the full 12 weeks? Xx

@dreamchaser I am feeling pleased and my feet feel like they've lost weight which seems crazy ?!! I'm spoke with my consultant and she said I can have diet coke occasionally, I'm out Friday night so I plan chicken and a side salad and diet coke...if I don't eat, I will get loads of questions and I don't want everyone knowing I'm on this diet!

Not liking the ketosis with the taste in my mouth and so dry, thank you for confirming that is what it is!

Are you planning on doing the soul source for 12 weeks?

It's so nice to have people to talk to on here who are going through it! Thanks for the reply x

I've cheated today. I'm not feeling too guilty because I really needed to. I felt like I was going to pass out. I vomited some sort of liquid and it tasted acidic and bitter. GP wasn't too happy that I'm on the diet and advised that I stop. (But I don't want to stop). I had a grilled fish with salad so I can take medication and should be back on tomorrow.

hello dreamchaser! thanks and I hope you're feeling better, sounds like you are bringing up bile, was the fluid yellow? the dream body sounds like a good idea, visualization can be a powerful tool. Consider it stolen haha. I'm not surprised your GP told you to stop, they have to be cautious. Have you thought about ss+ or would it be too hard to just have a small meal?

I think the missing food is a comfort thing, I was brought up with the whole food is love thing and have been battling it for about 14 years on and off. It's getting better, miles from where I started. I'm doing much better today, feeling stronger and more focused. Got some lean ham on the way home just in case I have a wobble, I really don't want to ruin all my hard work with sugar or carbs they will just trigger a binge.

Hi nomorecakes, is your coffee from beanies? I have the caramel and chocolate which are yummy but the winter warmer and Irish coffee are a bit meh. I lost weight off my feet a few years ago when I dropped 2st went from a 7 to a 5-6 :).

Hello coggers,

I'm feeling a bit better and yes the fluid was yellow. I'm not sure whether I'll be continuing this diet or not. I'm not sure what to do. My consultant is not of much help at the moment as she is away. should I stop? Should I continue? I have no idea on what to do.

My cdc said it could just be the concentration of all the vits and minerals, she suggested you have a glass of water before each product and then make sure you sip it really slowly. I had a problem with my tummy first time round and switched to six meals a day by only having half a product at a time. Hope this helps x

My cdc rocks hehe

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Your CDC is very helpful! I still haven't heard from mine despite me telling her how I feel :(

Thank you so much for the support coggers. Means a lot x

Support is why we are here, it's also nice to help out a fellow CWPer x

My cdc tracey really is great, always available and always supportive. Hmmmmm maybe that could be a new thread, rate your cdc?

I'm so sorry I haven't been on here! I've slacked big time!! I've started again today and hopefully I can manage the full 12 weeks!!

I wasn't well so I guess I'm using that as an excuse to make myself feel better but I feel like a fat pig!!!

I need to get this weight off and fast :(

Shhhhhhhhh I know you feel like poop at the moment, but try not to be too hard on yourself and get stuck in a negative spiral that just ends up in a binge. I have fallen off the band wagon enough times to know how it goes.Take a deep breath, push the guilt away and focus on the positive step you are taking right now. It takes guts to own up to whats happened and take that big step back onto the right path.

Big welcome back to the CWP fold, its really good to have you back on the diet and minimins x

Thank you coggers. How have you been getting on? Hope you've been losing that weight !!

Hopefully I see myself into the 12 stones this week. I want to get into ketosis fast hahaha. Still the same old motivated me and I know we can all do it.

Please let me know how you're getting on xx

Ok well you asked for it!!!! It was so damn hard last week!!! I wasn't getting into ketosis (got there now tho) my hormones were going crazy, found out my night shift partner at work has been promoted to head of department and will be working 9 -5 (happy for him but gonna miss working with him) then on the last night when I was at my weakest he bought in 1.5kgs of easter eggs for the department! I'm not gonna lie I took one, its sitting on top of my fire place tho. I did cheat a couple of times with some ham eggs, but could have been worse.

Ok no more whining, hormones settled now and feeling better. WI is tomorrow so hopefully resisting will pay off. Little bit concerned about easter, I have a planned break because its my birthday and for once I'm not working the bank holiday so husband and I are going to visit friends. I don't want to go completely out of control but I can so see it happening.

Back