Step 2 - nervous about eating!

Sarahdramateacher

Help!? This is the most horrible feeling.

I have just finished Sole source (11 weeks and lost 45lb) and I am moving on to step 2 (3 products and an evening meal) I am petrified that I won't continue to loose weight - I still have a stone to loose (if not more!)

Today I have had my 3 CD products plus an evening meal of chicken, cottage cheese and lettuce (all weighed out correctly to the limits Cambridge set) and I feel really full up and feel that there is no way that I can loose weight eating this much.

Has anyone else had any success on this diet at step 2 and how much did your weight losses decrease by? I'm so nervous - I never thought I'd say it but I wish I could just stay on Sole source!

Any personal experiences/views/helps would be muchly appreciated!

Hello! Please don't worry! My experience if from lighter life on the route to management part where you introduce a new food group for 9 weeks till you are back eating properly. I had gone from 18st4 to 9st7 my target and I didn't wanna come off my packs! I was sure I'd put on weight! And every week I worried when it was something else to add! I stuck to it exactly! And by the end of it I was 8st4!! So as long as you don't go mad or binge etc you will be just fine!!! Enjoy it!! Hope this helps xxx

Hi there,

I felt exactly the same moving up a step. You are still supposed to be losing around 3lb per week atleast. I am on this step now and still lose. It's honestly nothing to worry about. I know that you must be feeling dubious but eating abit helps to kick start your system again and you may see a bigger drop. I've managed to lose 2 stone in 2 months on that step. Total loss 4 stone 1lb !!

You'll be okay! x

Hi

I started on step 2 and have nearly lost 2 stone in 2 months.
You must have to think, you have to eat eventually and this is a great way of getting back to it.
The amounts you can eat are pretty decent and its lovely being able to sit down with your other half/friends and have a meal.
You will be fine, just do it as it says like you have ss
Good luck

Thank you for all your suggestions/encouragements!!!

I have religiously weighed all ingredients and have only eaten food allowed on step 2 and today I feel really bloated and like I'm already putting the weight back on. I have more weight to loose and I really don't want to stop the losses now. It feels like I'm eating so much with the 3 CD products and the evening meal (80g veg and protein..)

Did anyone else feel bloated? And is this normal? I just feel like all my hard work to loose the 3 stone 2lb will go to waste when I begin eating (especially as I feel so bloated! :-() xx

Hi,

I like you have concerns about eating, I've been in SS for 7 weeks & am going on to 810 as of Saturday to get through christmas, I'm going back in SS after 7 days as I'm using Xmas as my SS break you usually have at 12 weeks. My C advised me to have my 3 products 1st then have my meal, she says even though I'll feel full & won't manage much at least I'm having some food... I don't think you'll start putting on, and you can move up a step after a week, are you close to target? If you are & you're heading towards maintainence then you'll be able to drop products the further up the steps you go...

Good luck in the next step of your journey x

Initially all I had was a chicken breast and even with just that u thought, I'm struggling to eat this!!! But soon goes sadly! Lol xxx

Hi,
I am on step 2 as well, and although have always done SS+ so I'm used to eating, the portions were quite a struggle and I too was concerned I wouldn't lose. Someone said to me to try splitting the protein allowance up. I do this sometimes so for example one day I stir fried half of my allowance of quorn pieces in spices and sat at my desk in the afternoon munching on this, then had the second half of my allowance for dinner as half of the chicken allowance.
So far I have been on step 2 for 3 weeks lost 1lb, 4lbs then maintained (although hadn't stuck to plan 4 of 7 days that week due to planned events) so you will still lose :)

Don't be nervous! When I did 810kcal after 12 weeks of SS, I had a week where I stayed the same but that was because I wasnt doing a true 810 as was on holiday and had one day where Iate lots I shouldn't! I only put the weight back on because I stopped maintenance and went back to old ways.

Last year I did 6 weeks on 810 as had exams and didn't want to SS - stayed in ketosis and lost 2stone 7lbs which is the same as what I lose on SS.

810kcal is still a low calorie diet and you will still lose weight on it.

In the Netherlands we have to do have a 'add a meal' week every 3-4 weeks due to EU rules and I've always lost in those weeks so its nothing to worry about, just listen to your body and eat what you feel comfortable with to try and minimise the bloating (I always left a little as you can have pretty much have a whole bag of salad leaves with the protein allowance every night with the dutch weight system for the protein/veg ratio!) I like the idea of splitting the meal into 2 smaller ones Kelly, i'll have to try that next week!

If its going to help you look at my signature figures, the majority of the weight was lost doing step 2

I was thinking the same (although I'm nowhere near step 2 yet) when you read all the steps there seems to be SO much you have to eat!

But, thinking about it logically, on step 2 there will still be a substantial calorie deficit in your diet so there's actually no reason why you still wouldn't loose weight right?

you will still loose weight on step 2

Back