Steph's food diary..

Tuesday

B
1 slice bread

L
Was starving by 2pm and ended up having a subway, so much for no bread! 9 syns-just salad on honey oat + 1 a cheese

d
Spaghetti hoops on toast

1.5 clover
1.5 after eight
1.5 Milky Way stars

Haven't been on here for a week but have lost a pound, not really been on plan but been eating very little. Back to plan as of yesterday-

Friday 14th Dec

B
Noodles w/ broccoli (2)

L
1 ryvita w/ cheese and quorn pepperoni (less than 1/2a)

D
Horrible, had mash veg and a quorn chicken fillet w/ gravy (2) forced myself to eat so I wouldn't want to eat something completely off plan but feel sick!

S
Half slice carrot cake with no topping - 13? I don't know so will overestimate.

Was hungry around 10 so had bran flakes (1/2A) (1B)

Yesterday -

B
Alpen light

L
Noodles w/ broccoli (2)

D
Sw Sunday roast-wm flour Yorkshire, 1/2 b, cabbage, swede, carrots parsnips potatoes and 1/2 quorn sausage. Felt really sick so ate like half. Saying 4 for butter in mash

S
Ryvita w cheese (1b) (1/2a)
Aero (3)

16.5 McDonalds fries-oops

Back again, had a couple of weeks off over Christmas and the gain is looking like 1-2 lbs, I don't feel like its actual weight and hope it'll be off in no time!

B
Bran flakes w/ banana 1B + 1/2A

L
Noodles + broccoli- had started with LF supernoodles but they tasted like soap :( so 2 syns

D
Jacket w/ beans + cheese 1A

S
Rice cake (2)
Hot choc (2)
Mini sushi pack (0.5)
Ryvita (part B)
Banana
Strawberries
Alpen light (1/2B)

Feel like I've eaten a disgusting amount today but after counting my calories I'm on around 1400/1500-which is more than I usually eat but not horrendous!

Adding another 4 syns for 2 rice cakes, not the best day but within syns!

Last edited:
Tues 8th jan

B
Bran flakes w/ banana (1B) (1/2A)

L
Noodles w/ lots of broccoli and quorn chicken (2)

D
Quorn spaghetti bolognaise with tonnes of veggies with the tiniest amount of pasta :( didnt put enough on!

S
Half pack of Tesco mini sushi (0.5)
Hot choc (2)
Rice cake (2)
Strawberries

I couldn't have had a more off plan week..3 entire days of the weekend I ate what I wanted and then some :| suffering with horrible bloat since then which I'm still trying to get rid of but my motivation for slimming world is almost non existent!

B
2 slices small wm bread (b) w/ lf marge and jam (3) (1B)

L
1/2 m&s vegetable bake (2.5) and 1 small slice of wm (1/2B)

D
Fish pie..which should be 1B but I had bread so will have to syn, and 2A

S
Chocolate eclair sweet (1.5)
Lollipop (1.5)

My day is not looking good :(

3 Jaffa cakes (7)

15.5 syns today but I've only had 1070 calories, I think it's because all I want it sweets and stuff. Given up all artificial sweeteners so struggling with no diet coke.

Last edited:
Horlicks- 1/2 A and 4.5

B
Bran flakes w/ banana (1B) (1/2A)

L
Noodles

S
Soup
Rice bar (2)
Options (2)
Alpen light (B)

D
Noodles (2)

Tues 22nd jan

B
Scrambled egg and spaghetti hoops w/ 1 slice wm bread (1/5a) (1/2b)

L
Veg and lentil casserole
Banana
0.5 sugar

D
Out for dinner and cinema and don't know whether to flexi syn, if we go Italian/nandos I can keep syns minimum on food but then cinema, I usually have a huge diet coke and nothing else but I've given it up ;(
Will probably use around 30 syns tonight-so will have to pull back 10.5 from the rest of the week. Easy!

No idea why I didn't log yesterday, I was on plan but pushed the syns to 15 :(

New week today-

B
Spaghetti hoops w/ 1 slice wm (1b) (1/5a) (5 for bread)

L
Tuna sandwich (2B) (3 for marg)

D
Quorn chilli w/ Jacket potato and 1a cheese.

Special K crisps-1/3 bag (1.5)

Last edited:
I'm going gluten free as of today and (attempting) refined sugar free. I'm going to stick with the main principles of sw and my heas will be ok but I'm going to have to eat different noodles/grains etc and for now will just be getting my head around it all rather than obsess over how many syns everything is.

Day 1 gluten free- 25/01/2013

B
2 boiled eggs, 1 clementine. Echinacea tea & drops

Lunch was a "9" bar, nuts and seeds and a fakey chocolate coating and an apricot. I guess this will be 10 syns as no free food allowance. Unless I can hexb some nuts

Dinner
Prawns and veg in oyster sauce (3) and uncle bens rice (3.5)
Snacks
Tea with agave (0.5)

Last edited:
I'm officially sticking with calorie counting for a while, I'll be back to my much loved slimming world soon but it's just not practical when I've eaten 1200 cals but had 20 syns cos nothing I have is hex b anymore :( will do a week if I don't have a good loss will have to re think.

Ok, back on the wagon. Yesterday was not a good day at all, used over 400 cals on drinks :( so my total was 1800 which is really rubbish but it was a one off night with friends and when you're not at home it's hard to have control.

Today I'm bang on 1200, planning on having a rocky road later to take me to 1350 and tomorrow I'm 1000% having 1200. Hope yesterday wasn't enough to ruin my week :| I should still have a pretty good deficit over the week.

Monday 4th Feb

B
Leek and potato soup w/ rice cakes - 151

L
Homemade crab and sweetcorn soup - 92

D
Thai green curry w/ prawns and vermicilli - 345. Went to the Chinese wholesaler and bought rice vermicilli, the bag says 88 cals per 100g..not 88cals per 100g cooked. I made up 100g and couldn't even eat it all and I'm worried the packet is wrong! How can that much food be so few cals?

Snacks
Freddo - 95
Little rice snacks-55
Caramel snack a jack- 51
Cadbury eclair- 51
Milk- 20

Total for today- 836

Back