Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Food

Salad...and more salad...I'm back at that repetitive lazy thing again! Did manage to poke down an M&S toffee fudge and chocolate hot cross bun (..in May??) Calories for the day came in at 1800.

Daily weigh in :

Saturday - 178.2 lbs

Sunday - 178.4 lbs
Monday -178.4 lbs
Tuesday -178.0 lbs
Wednesday -178.4 lbs
Thursday -
Friday -

Tried one of those username generators to help me out...you put in your name, favourite colour, hobbies and other drivel and it comes up with suitable suggestions. 2 of my suggestions were...potatoscone and my personal favourite...Trevor....I can assure you my hobby is not Trevor...

Trevor??? I like potatoscone though :)

I'm coming round to Trevor :p Short list (aided by my cousin) is...potatoscone, pokeyhat or my personal favourite...weebuns :D All food related...very appropriate!

Daily weigh in

Saturday - 178.2 lbs
Sunday - 178.4 lbs
Monday -178.4 lbs
Tuesday -178.0 lbs
Wednesday -178.4 lbs
Thursday - 178.4 lbs
Friday - 178.2lbs

Weight has stayed stable eating at between 1700 and 1800 calories a day so this must be my TDEE range while being a couch potato. Official weigh in tomorrow morning so don't think there will be much change. Going to eat at TDEE for another week and then back to fasting from the 2nd of June. Having to work next week (..despite having a sick line!) as I've the first week in June booked as a holiday (birthday and ex's birthday and we had planned on doing something with the week) and as usual there is the end of the month rush to get things finished. Boss was a bully but I've got him to give me some extra days leave in return. I do feel better but am still lethargic and on painkillers every 6 hours. Blood tests didn't show much of a change in levels but my symptoms easing are a good sign. Been a weird couple of days as ex turned up on the doorstep wanting a heart to heart...really awkward. And has left me a bit out of sorts.:sigh:

Sounds like you've found your maintenance level well done! Be careful at work I know at our place if we have a sick note from docs we aren't insured to be in the building we have to get signed back as fit for work. Don't you just love exs mine used to do that at 3am when he was tanked up, and it was just to talk before you wonder ;) thing is we were still really close & went through so much together no one else really understood & I miss him since he died

Men! What are they like!! Weebuns over here would mean that something is easy to do, easily achievable, not sure if it means the same for you but might work well for a username for that reason?

I'm coming round to Trevor :p Short list (aided by my cousin) is...potatoscone, pokeyhat or my personal favourite...weebuns :D All food related...very appropriate!

Daily weigh in

Saturday - 178.2 lbs
Sunday - 178.4 lbs
Monday -178.4 lbs
Tuesday -178.0 lbs
Wednesday -178.4 lbs
Thursday - 178.4 lbs
Friday - 178.2lbs

Weight has stayed stable eating at between 1700 and 1800 calories a day so this must be my TDEE range while being a couch potato. Official weigh in tomorrow morning so don't think there will be much change. Going to eat at TDEE for another week and then back to fasting from the 2nd of June. Having to work next week (..despite having a sick line!) as I've the first week in June booked as a holiday (birthday and ex's birthday and we had planned on doing something with the week) and as usual there is the end of the month rush to get things finished. Boss was a bully but I've got him to give me some extra days leave in return. I do feel better but am still lethargic and on painkillers every 6 hours. Blood tests didn't show much of a change in levels but my symptoms easing are a good sign. Been a weird couple of days as ex turned up on the doorstep wanting a heart to heart...really awkward. And has left me a bit out of sorts.:sigh:

Well done on maintaining - a real achievement :clap: - tough having to work whilst u are sick - an unreasonable boss I'd say - can see how ur ex's visit left u out of sorts - hope u left him with a black eye?

OMG to the heart to heart. Just what you didn't need. :sigh: Well done on the sts and please don't over do it cos you still sound like you are recovering. Does GP know you are going back on a sick note? xx

Blimey!! Of course you can't be out of a job if a dr tells you to stay off and work want you to go back, they haven't a leg to stand on. What is ex up to now?? Cheeky beggar, realising what he's given up maybe? Tell us more when you get the chance, in the meantime, take care of you and yay to the diet!!

Just a quick catch up after a stressful weekend. Think I may be unemployed after refusing to go back to work....ex turned up again and it was downright awful....and I've decided to up sticks and move. Diet has surprisingly gone well and stuck to TDEE despite all of it. Will do a proper post later!

Oh no - u don't need this - I agree with Kitty - can't see how u can lose ur job with a valid sick note - that's just not legal - in fact I'd say ur employers are in the wrong even asking u to work (even if it is from home) if a doc says ur ill - that's it!!

As some of us predicted when u broke up - ur ex wd one day see the light - we've never met u but think we can see ur a kind, level headed person whilst he's a *!?+*$" idiot

If u fancy a change - great idea to move and have a new start but hope it's really what u want not cos of him?

Brill that ur able to stick to the fasting - obviously a way of life for u now - esp having 'tested' it recently - take carex

Ex sounds a complete knob and you cannot be kicked out for being off sick with a valid sicknote. It's wrongful dismissal and, as has been pointed out above they are in the wrong to expect you to work while still ill. Let us know how things are when you can ((hugs))

Yes...new username. It means the same over here too Kitty and also I'm famous for saying "one wee bun won't hurt" :rolleyes:

Ex...wants to try again...I don't. Gave me a whole load of false promises and waffle but it's too late. To be fair it was too late the minute he said what he did 3 months ago. Think he has finally got the message...I hope to god he has! I'm now happier without him, which I wasn't the first couple of months :) I don't want to go backwards, I want to see what new stuff lies in front of me. He said I was selfish, and I said yes...for the first time in a long time I'm putting myself first.

Work...told boss I wasn't going to work this week and he was very unhappy despite the fact I have a not fit to work note to last me till next Monday. He said if I wasn't going to be a team player and work this week then he was cancelling my leave that is booked for next week. I said I would be taking me leave as it was arranged just after Christmas and that if GP gave me another not fit note that I would then be entitled to use those days later in the year as they would be counted as sick leave not holidays. He said in reply that the next lot of redundancies that my name will be top of his list. So..not pleasant. At GP tomorrow and will see what he says. Hate my job :(

Moving...I've wanted to move for a while but it was ex who was reluctant, so now I see this as my opportunity to do what I want. Not selling house. Plan on renting it out and seeing how things go before I make a 100% commitment.

I've been good money wise the last couple of months with curbing my frivolous purchases but it went a bit to pot this past weekend. Bought a Garmin Vivofit monitor, which you wear on your wrist and it measures steps, calorie burn etc etc. Don't really need one...but wanted one :D And I ordered some clothes from Next that should be coming tomorrow or Friday.

I think that's it! Can't wait to start fasting again and start losing weight again. This wee break has got me really focussed on where I want to be health and weight wise.

Hope everyone else is having a good week :)

Ex- proud of you, well done, what a brilliant feeling and hopefully he's got the message.

Work- keep that correspondence, tribunal time if he carries out that threat.

Fasting- brilliant focus, well done.

Purchases- woop woop!!!

Boss hung up on me :eek:

I've put on 1.8lbs this week :confused:

I have completely confused myself with TDEE,BMR, RMR, calorie burn etc thanks to my new Garmin Vivofit...have no idea if I've set it right or if the calorie burn is accurate.

What would you consider lightly active with regards to TDEE? Say 10,000 steps daily which is approx 5 miles walking on top of normal day to day stuff? I don't know and there are far too many answers on Google :cry:!!

Thanks Kitty x

So another 2 week note from GP and a hospital appointment next week. About to phone work and let them know...this should be fun :eek:

Don't let the "£!$&^*s grind u down!! Seriously tho' u must need more time to recover - doc's don't give out sick notes that easily - so take care of u - and u don't have anything to lose with work if ur going to move and change ur job!!xx

Boss hung up on me :eek:

I've put on 1.8lbs this week :confused:

I have completely confused myself with TDEE,BMR, RMR, calorie burn etc thanks to my new Garmin Vivofit...have no idea if I've set it right or if the calorie burn is accurate.

What would you consider lightly active with regards to TDEE? Say 10,000 steps daily which is approx 5 miles walking on top of normal day to day stuff? I don't know and there are far too many answers on Google :cry:!!

Flipping heck - very professional eh? :rolleyes: Not a huge gain but must make u wonder what to do next - I guess 10k cd be classed as moderately active - if ur sure ur up to that? Ur calcs do seem complicated - but guess once ur used to ur gadget - it'll be a big help and get easier to do - good luck - main thing is that u get betterx

Back